1. Turbo Controllers are banned from being used on any of the three F-ZERO GX Ladders, as they present the player with an unfair advantage. Players are reminded that if they have any times set with a turbo controller, they must change them immediately.
2. Players should add in their comments if they played in 50Hz. Times set in 50Hz are not accepted as a "world record", since any version of the game does support 60Hz.
3. Players are reminded that FZC only accepts times set with the game disc. There shall be no exceptions made for allowing people to submit times set using an ISO. Any times that are found to have been set using an ISO will be deleted.
4. Submit times only achieved by yourself, don't submit times that have been achieved by a number of people. It is an individual competition it's not meant for teams. Only submit times that are shown on your records screen.
5. The use of cheat devices such as Action Replay are forbidden on all of the ladders. If it is suspected that a cheat device has been used, then that player will have their times removed from the ladder.
*NOTE: An exception has been made to F-ZERO GX, as Action Replay is the only method available to unlock the Japanese AX event parts. Players should use the AR only once to unlock them.
6. FZC reserves the right to request proof of your times. Proof could be requested at random, or if there's a concern that false times might have been submitted. Any requests for proof will be handled by a member of the F-ZERO Staff.
7. Multiple accounts for the same player are not allowed, neither are joint accounts.
8. Finally, NO CHEATING of any kind will be tolerated and will result in immediate removal from the ladders. Cheaters will also be considered for immediate removal from other F-ZERO Ladders on FZC.
Max Speed Ladder
1. Times in the GX Max Speed Ladder must be set at 100% Max Speed settings ONLY.
2. No checkpoint skipping is allowed to be used in the Max Speed ladder. This includes the use of this shortcut on PRSLS: prsls_mts_shortcut.mpg
3. Quickturn alternations with custom machines with a body of E/D are banned, unless if it is naturally required by the track, either by a curve, or to align a certain position and angle. This rule has been done to prevent snaking with custom vehicles.
4. Side Attacks are allowed to be used, but HSSA (Hyper Speed Side Attack) is not allowed.
(Not ladder rules!) - Below are the rules applied to the Non-Side Attack category displayed in the WR List:
100% Max Speed settings ONLY.
No checkpoint skipping is allowed to be used in the Non-SA category. This includes the use of this shortcut on PRSLS: prsls_mts_shortcut.mpg
Side Attacks are not allowed.
Machines with a body rating of E or D are not allowed.
1. Times in the GX Snaking Ladder must be set at 0% (Max Acceleration) settings ONLY.
2. No checkpoint skipping is allowed to be used in the Snaking ladder. This includes the use of this shortcut on PRSLS: prsls_mts_shortcut.mpg
3. Snaking patterns in the air are only allowed to be performed ONCE when using a machine that weighs less than 2050kg. This has been done to prevent unintentional flying.
4. Flying through the whole course, even without skipping checkpoints, is prohibited.
5. Side Attacks are allowed to be used, but HSSA (Hyper Speed Side Attack) is not allowed.
1. Times in the GX Open Ladder can be set at any setting. This ladder allows the use of Snaking, Space Flying, and Non-Snaking.
2. Checkpoint skipping is also allowed in this ladder.
3. HSSA (Hyper Speed Side Attack) is allowed in this ladder.
FZC Best and World Record Submission Rules
In order to have an FZC Best or World Record to be accepted to FZC, one must follow the requirements of "full video proof". If an FZC Best/WR does not adhere to the requirements listed for "full video proof", the time is subject to immediate removal from the ladder.
Requirements of "Full Video Proof":
The video must be a full recording of the actual run from start of the race to finish.
The video should display the ending stats from the race after it is over.
If the video is being recorded from a camera and not directly from the source, the player must bring the controller up to the camera at the end of the race and push buttons on the game pad to indicate that what is happening on display is in sync with the players input.
The video must always be available to the public. If at any point you remove your video from public, FZC witholds the right to take down your time associated with that video.
*FZC Bests/World Records submitted to FZC previous to the date of March 1st 2013, does not need to adhere by the requirements of "Full Video Proof".
Make a recording that starts from the results screen (with the lap splits and such), and ends after the "instant replay mode" (replay mode with the replay icon shown at the bottom left of the screen). Video Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5sRMcSmLGs
If for whatever reason, suspicion were to occur from the above method of providing proof, further proof (such as streaming) could get requested.
*NOTE: FZC Bests/World Records that used the replay mode as a proof before the 15th of September 2014 are still valid as FZC Bests/World Records.
-UPDATE- 15th August 2015:
As of the 15th of August 2015, the Max Speed rules have been amended to clarify the use of quick turns in straight roads to prevent deliberate Snaking in 100% Max Speed settings and to make things more clear overall.