Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » F-ZERO Central Marathon - Summary/Feedback/VODs
Yazzo
Staff Ghost
F-ZERO Central Marathon - Summary/Feedback/VODs
Reply to this Post

Hey. Sorry for the long wait but finally got to making a topic to summarize the marathon a bit. Personally I think it went beyond any expectations considering how little planning was done before it. Overall it was a lot of fun and in total we raised 420$ (source) which is pretty awesome if you ask me. Just to make things clear about the money: both Ed and Zewing opted out of receiving any of it, so it all went to me and WMJ (I sent WMJ's share last week).

Despite it going beyond my expectations, there were definitely things that could have been done better. For example the overlays which I was responsible for. I didn't really take into consideration how well you could see the texts which caused some problems. Adding more information on the stream such as the twitch channels of the people currently playing etc would have been a good idea too in hindsight. Also, I had originally planed to have the game-footage be underneath the overlay (including the blue stroke) so that there wouldn't be any black areas shown, but I forgot to mention this beforehand. But even if I had then it probably would not have looked perfect everytime since people tended to use different resolutions for their games.

Perhaps the biggest problem with the marathon as I see it was that the people having the responsibility to run the stream were Europeans, but the schedule was aimed towards an American audience which created some issues as people understandably didn't wanna stay up until the early morning.

If you got any feedback yourself, then it would be good to have it posted in this topic so that we could try and improve all those things next time we try host one of these marathons.

If you wanna check out the VODs, they can all be found at our Youtube-channel.

WMJ
Staff Ghost
Re: F-ZERO Central Marathon - Summary/Feedback/VODs
Reply to this Post

I also think the marathon went really well. It was also great fun to participate and see that an f-zero marathon can still gather quite some interest Smile. I also loved that we were able to do every game in the series at a really high level that was unique. Thanks a lot! to everybody who donated it is very much appreciated. 

I think the only main trouble we had was with the timezones. It was a bit difficult for us Europeans to watch everything and for J4sp3rr to maintain the stream until the early morning. In the end I'm glad he was willing to help us out so we could do the races easily in one stream. Things with the layout are only very minor and I don't think it made the marathon less enjoyable or anything really. In hindsight I could have maybe prepared a bit more for like the 64dd custom slot but I think it was still alright. 

Index » FZC General Forum » F-ZERO Central Marathon - Summary/Feedback/VODs