Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Sep.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
SNES Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero SNES » Old school racer, getting back in the driver seat.
hobbes
Mr. EAD
Old school racer, getting back in the driver seat.
Reply to this Post

Hi guys,

I'm a racer from the golden days of FZeroCentral, before it went down. Back in '03 i managed to work my way up to 3rd place behind David Van Moer and Valkrum (who's name was Leo back then). Then came RichLuke bumping me to fourth, then Toshiyuki Horibe showed up, destroyed all the site records and i was down to fifth...and so on Sad Razz

I recently stumbled upon some Fzero Marathon videos on youtube and it got my hands itching. I haven't touched Fzero on the Snes in over 10 years.

I'm not sure how much time i'll dedicate to this ol' game, but i will try to get in at least one run on every course.

If the "F-zero bug" gets me, then i'll be aiming for a spot in the top 20.

QUESTIONS

I read in another post that if the battery in the cartridge dies it will screw with your times. I'd like to know if this affects only the records page, or the time clock itself? I definitely would like to submit some times and i'd like them to be accurate.

If my cartridge battery is dead, can i still play and submit accurate times, or will i have to open it and change the battery?

As for time submission. Do i just self edit my own times in the "your times" page or do i have to post proof of them somewhere?

TBK
Janitor
Re: Old school racer, getting back in the driver seat.
Reply to this Post

Welcome to the forums. May I ask of your name? You're probably not unknown here judging from your past ranks.

As you can see the old heroes have fallen as well and we currently have Edward406 as our grand champion. He's battling it out with japanese player "Legend" who currently holds all 3 Mute City Records but is not represented  on the ladder.

The clock in the game is always accurate, but it happens that your cartridge gets wiped clean due to a dead battery. If you end up getting back seriously into the game you could just record your records, this way even if you records disappear from the cart you can still prove your times. For now though I'd just play away and don't worry about this. You can add your times yourself.

Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post
Welcome back. 2 separate accounts aren't allowed on the ladders, we'll have to merge your old account into the new one.
hobbes
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

i wanted to use my old times as a reference, for snes and other console games which i might tackle in the upcoming months. those times are a decade old after all. i am a different person now, i just share the same name. :p

I would rather not have my old times merged with my current ones. It would deter me from continuing to play, honestly. Could an exception be made, please?

seing my old times on the board is driving me to improve and get back to my former level.

Index » F-Zero SNES » Old school racer, getting back in the driver seat.