Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » Captain Falcon artwork in Mario Kart 8
Lunar_Reactor
Mr. EAD
Captain Falcon artwork in Mario Kart 8
Reply to this Post

In Mario Kart 8 there's a section where you can scan your amiibo, the face of the character are shown. Almost every one of them come from a previous game, but for Captain Falcon, where's that artwork coming from?

http://i.imgur.com/9pnEUJh.jpg

I don't think it's coming from Smash, the position is not the same:

http://i.imgur.com/hulSSzV.png

Any info on this?

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Re: Captain Falcon artwork in Mario Kart 8
Reply to this Post

it looks like brand new artwork without a game attached to it.

at some point they had to make new artwork since they couldn't just use GX renders forever without them looking dated.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Lunar_Reactor
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Maybe you're right, but they used the Samus artwork from Metroid Prime (2002)

By the time I was writting this, I found something very interesting:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/06/miyamoto-says-star-fox-will-be-playable-at-e3-and-f-zero-could-be-made-if-they-had-the-right-controller/

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

it might also have to do with the fact all of GX's stuff has shared copyrights with Sega and they might not want to deal with that (cheaper to just make a new render they fully own)

and that news just makes me sad. F-Zero has never needed a special controller. a normal controller works perfectly. miyamoto needs to let someone else work on the series.

Lunar_Reactor
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
That's a good theory, it's maybe simply that.

For the news, I don't know how to feel about it, maybe he's lying like he did many time before just to not announce a new F-zero yet. The Wii U has many, many controllers available for him to choose from. Like you said, a normal controller is enough, but even the Gamecube controller is compatible with the system. But a least, he kind of said that F-Zero is dormant, not dead. Who know? Maybe another team are developing the new F-Zero right now. It's not because Miyamoto and Takaya Imamura are not supposedly working on a F-Zero right now that nobody is working on it.

Effendi
Wild Goose
Reply to this Post

He's not exactly pulling strings either.. almost as if he's looking for an excuse to not make it happen.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

it's so sad that he's so against a new game. our only hope is whoever takes over after he retires. we might have to wait another 5-10 years though.

ZenrokStudios
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

They say they delayed Super Metroid until they absolutely needed an action game on the Super Nintendo, I think Nintendo has a lot of cards they keep up their sleeves.

pjlx911
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
Lunar_Reactor wrote:
...But a least, he kind of said that F-Zero is dormant, not dead. Who know?...

Like he's been saying for a while. He also mentioned that the old style of F-Zero will not work in today's climate? (whatever that means) Nintendo seems to be a weird beast when it comes to a lot of things. Like the Star Fox series (which had taken forever to get the next iteration pushed though), they end up not wanting to go back to the F-Zero/Star Fox games, and seem to like pushing out Super Mario and Smash games instead. I presume that it's like how EA pushes out a Madden every year (it makes money, people will buy it in bulk, and it's a proven commodity). 

It just sucks that we may never really get an awesome sequel from Nintendo for the F-Zero series.

Index » FZC General Forum » Captain Falcon artwork in Mario Kart 8