Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GP Legend Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GP Legend » Zero Test S Class
AstralObserver
Mr. EAD
Zero Test S Class
Reply to this Post

I already posted this topic on a general gaming website, but given how inactive the F-Zero boards are on that site I thought I might have better luck here. Anyway, here's my original post.

I'm having a ton of difficulty with three of the challenges in the S Class of Zero Test mode. I somehow managed to get gold trophies on the other 45 challenges, but I'm not even close on these ones and I think I might be missing some essential strategy. I must have attempted these over a hundred times each; there's no point going at it again without help. These are the ones I'm having difficulty with:

Test 04— time for the gold cup:10"00
my time: 10"53

Test 11— time for the gold cup: 26"10
my time: 29"05

Test 12— time for the gold cup: 28"30
my time: 30"40

Ideally, videos of obtaining the required times would be the most helpful, but I would also appreciate tips from those who have somehow accomplished these tasks. Thanks everyone

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Re: Zero Test S Class
Reply to this Post

RichardTaro got videos of all the Zero Tests on his Youtube-channel (with all of them being WRs I believe), and here are direct links to the 3 you had in mind:

The first test is just about doing the DDT's and the blast turning as smoothly as possible (more info about those techs can be found in this article - which is for MV, but the games share a lot of similarities). As for the other 2, as you can see in the videos he's using Side-Attacks a great deal which helps taking a lot of the more difficult corners way quicker (especially with a machine with bad drifting). Also on S11 you may have missed the pretty big shortcut that's possible there.

AstralObserver
Mr. EAD
Re: Zero Test S Class
Reply to this Post

Thanks, that helps so much. Now I can finally beat this game!

Index » F-Zero GP Legend » Zero Test S Class