Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Aug.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » What's your least favourite F-Zero game?
StarkNebula
Blue Falcon
What's your least favourite F-Zero game?
Reply to this Post

I know that we're all here because we have a passion for F-Zero, but what is your least favourite entry in the series? Mine would have to be GP Legend, but I haven't played MV or Climax. 

While I could justify my distaste towards GP over how much I dislike the engine it runs on (way too much bounce), I'd actually have to say I'm not fond of it because it didn't suck me into the series when it could have. I got it at EB Games some 4 years ago, and it took me another 3 years after GP to try GX. I never liked GP and never thought the other games were that different, so I never bothered with them. When I went to College, a good friend of mine stressed how good (and hard) GX was. 10 months have since past, and I have gotten and beat each mainline console game since because of how much GX won me over. Now, that's not to say I don't respect GP players for their immense skill, but GP just doesn't have that feel-good quality for me. I just don't get the same vibe that the console games give. Anyway, what's your least favourite F-Zero game?

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Re: What's your least favourite F-Zero game?
Reply to this Post

Out of the games I've played (Climax doesn't count because I never played it more than maybe 1 hour) I would have to say X. Not to say I don't like the game though, but I definitely prefer the rest of the games over it.

And yeah, GPL is a bit 'bouncy' you're right. But once you get to a certain level I think that feel of it disapears. I personally think it's a bit underrated as a game.

But maybe you'd like MV more, that one feels a bit more controllable I'd say. 

samurai goroh
Fat Shark
For me is GX
Reply to this Post

I was hyped when the successor of X was announced & it was a bit of let down when I got the game to see it wasn't as fun as I expected it to be.

The game is nice and all, but how they managed the characters, it just sucks. I really dislike the bulky bodies of everyone, dumb history backgrounds, a car that has 3 drivers...

StarkNebula
Blue Falcon
Re: For me is GX
Reply to this Post

I know what you mean. I'm not particularly fond of the AX characters, save a few, and that it didn't quite keep some of the charm of X. Not to mention "Story Mode" could have been called "Mode" and it was made of cheese. I'm sure most GX players feel that way. Game mechanics are sound and tracks designs were great, though. Also, being a fan of electronic music, the soudtrack was a feast. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but it still fit the mood of F-Zero. Smile

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

my leasy favorite is GPL. that game never felt right and doubling the course count by slightly altering the tracks is just lazy and cheap.

Climax did the same but at least it looked much better and had more extras.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
StarkNebula
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

I think we can all agree that Climax gets away with it's sameness because of the track editor. If only they'd realesed the Disk Drive globally...

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

well, Climax wasn't that much better but the dev behind both it and GPL wasn't very good to begin with. the track editor it has isn't very good since it is the "stick pieces together" type and those get pretty limited fast. the EK was just too ambitious for the time and makes most track editors look bad.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
NewCaptainFalcon
Dragon Bird
Re: What's your least favourite F-Zero game?
Reply to this Post

My least favorite? mmm...that would be Maximum velocity, the music was weird, the drivers were kinda meeh (no captain falcon)  none of the machines hold a candle to the originals from the snes or 64 game and the overall game was mediocre at best, i like GPL specially the music and some of the tracks like the one with the fog  or the mines all around , driving nearly blind was a thrill

Index » FZC General Forum » What's your least favourite F-Zero game?