F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » F-ZERO X - Create Machine (Beta 1.6 and Progress Report) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
VoltraK
Dragon Bird
Re: F-ZERO X – Create Machine (Beta 1.6 and Progress Repor
Reply to this Post

Like I said last time I posted, I found a stats restriction glitch.

This time, if you put E-C-A, it wwill alloww you to put A-C-A or 8-C-A, wwhich are 8oth illegal, an then you can go to any illegal stat you wwant like my last post.

Once again, hope this helps.

Oh, an here's my first car (Y)

I made a wwhole 8unch, 8ut they all got deleted so I remade my first care.

Notice the lulzy "glitch" I found wwhen playin one of my custom levvels

800F81D1 0001
810F81E0 0A02
810F81E2 0200
810F81E4 05BE
810F81D4 DC0C
810F81D6 A959
810F81D8 DCBA
810F81DA 4559
810F81DC FF0B
810F81DE 4559
810F8408 0305
800F840A 0004
810F81D2 2823
800F840B 0002
810F840C 02EC
810F840E FF06
810F8410 C737
810F8412 FD03
810F8414 8E89
810D4544 5241
810D4546 4E47
810D4548 4552
810D454A 0000
800D454C 0000

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

i wanted to try the editor but i have a problem.

my OS is win 7 64-bit and i can't run the program. i installed the virtual machine but all that did was add an empty folder and the program doesn't run still. any ideas?

"Patience is useful in any moment"
samurai goroh
Fat Shark
Windows 7 64bit
Reply to this Post
UchihaSasuke wrote:

i wanted to try the editor but i have a problem.

my OS is win 7 64-bit and i can't run the program. i installed the virtual machine but all that did was add an empty folder and the program doesn't run still. any ideas?

I didn't needed to install a VM & was able to run the program in Windows 7 (64 bit) only after I registered the OCX files.

Here's what I did:

• Place the files COMDLG32.OCX, MSCOMCTL.OCX & TABCTL32.OCX in the following path:
    • C:\Windows\System32
  • Place the file RICHTX32.OCX in the following path:
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64
  • Run command prompt as administrator & use the following command:
    • regsvr32 <path>\<file>
      • Where "<path>" is the folder mentioned above (which you can skip if you're inside that folder in cmd)
      • And "<file>" is the file you're registering

If done successful, you'll see a dialog message saying that it succeded.

After doing that for all the files, you'll be able to run the program

RadioShadow
Black Bull
Re: F-ZERO X – Create Machine (Progress Report)
Reply to this Post
UchihaSasuke wrote:

heheh that's so nice to be able to see a 64DD and EK in person. that setup doesn't do it justice since you can't appreciate the improved sound.

they even have the same p1 controller that i have been using for over 10 years. what a coincidence.

i'm going to post a video showing all the machine restrictions since seeing it counts a lot more than just typing (and also i avoid any potential typing mistakes)

give me some time.

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWk6nnrjU5U

if i forgot to test some, let me know.

While looking at that video, I spotted two errors that were in the stats restriction files that CKeegan gave me.  The video however had about 10 stats missing.

Would it be possible UchihaSasuke to record the stats but in the following order below and possible leave about a 5 second gap between each stats?  It would make checking the stats restrictions a lot easier. 
The stats in red should be the ones that can't be selected (best to double check).
The stats in blue means there are grades that can't be selected.
The stats in green means all grades can be selected.

AAA
AAB
AAC
AAD
AAE
ABA
ABB
ABC
ABD
ABE
ACA
ACB
ACC
ACD
ACE
ADA
ADB
ADC
ADD
ADE
AEA
AEB
AEC
AED
AEE
BAA
BAB
BAC
BAD
BAE
BBA
BBB
BBC
BBD
BBE
BCA
BCB
BCC
BCD
BCE
BDA
BDB
BDC
BDD
BDE
BEA
BEB
BEC
BED
BEE
CAA
CAB
CAC
CAD
CAE
CBA
CBB
CBC
CBD
CBE
CCA
CCB
CCC
CCD
CCE
CDA
CDB
CDC
CDD
CDE
CEA
CEB
CEC
CED
CEE
DAA
DAB
DAC
DAD
DAE
DBA
DBB
DBC
DBD
DBE
DCA
DCB
DCC
DCD
DCE
DDA
DDB
DDC
DDD
DDE
DEA
DEB
DEC
DED
DEE
EAA
EAB
EAC
EAD
EAE
EBA
EBB
EBC
EBD
EBE
ECA
ECB
ECC
ECD
ECE
EDA
EDB
EDC
EDD
EDE
EEA
EEB
EEC
EED
EEE

Now I have been thinking that I should really code the program in something better than Visual Basic 6.  To be fair, that program is old and it does have some issues.  So I thought it might be a good idea to try coding it in Visual Studio in Visual Basic (2005 version at the moment).

I will still release an update in VB6 some when in March, but just don't expect the interface to be polished, since I will be focusing on converting the code to Visual Studio 2010.  One of my mates said he can get me a copy of that version, but I will not have it until the end of the month and I will not start coding the "F-ZERO X - Create Machine" tool until I get back from my holiday in April (2 weeks at the start of April).

What I have been doing is getting use to Visual Studio by converting the "Advance Wars: Dual Strike - Code Generator" tool from Visual Basic 6 to Visual Basic Net.  Current version here: forums.warsworldnews.com/viewtopic.php  A lot of functions used in that tool will be used in the" F-ZERO X - Create Machine" too and it made sense to start with something small. 

Now there are two things I dislike about Visual Basic Net.  The first being the 'ItemData' option in combo boxes (the drop down / list components) has been removed.  VB6 basically allowed you to store a value for each item you add, so "apples" could have the item data of "0.50" to indicate 50p for example.  Since this was removed in VBN, I had to code the function myself.   It wasn't too hard and in fact it works better that the VB6 option since before it required you to insert the text first and then the item data resulting in 2 lines of codes.  With this new code, it only requires one line of code and getting the data requires shorter length of code. 

The other problem is Microsoft took out the "print.hcd" option to print the text as it appears in a rich text box.  This was a pain to fix but I found an example which basically shows how to make (or what I call improve) a component.  The example I've used works perfectly to print the contents of the rich rext box as you see it.  The best thing about VBN however is you can easily set the Document Name the print file, something that is a pain to code in VB6, so it wasn't all bad news.

Coding the rest of the stuff wasn't much of a problem.  Most of it was the same and in some cases the code had to written slightly different.  One example being the code to add a number to a bunch of 0s (so 5 + 0000 = 5):
VB6 = VBA.Right$("0000" & 5), 4)
VBN = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Right("0000" & 5, 4)

The other cool features about VBN are the design interface is a lot smoother to drag, drop, copy , paste and move components around.  In VB6, it is so slow that Sonic (do I dare say Rainbow Dash? ^^') would be ashamed.  The other cool thing is it supports unicode, so all characters from all language can be used.  Smile

There are a couple of things I've still got to play around with.  Mainly the ColorDialog and the Random features.  The main thing I am trying to say is it shouldn't be too hard converting the tool to VBN.  That is all for now.
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDsPKf7A9BY

i hope i didn't miss any this time.

RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I have just finshed checking that video and all the stats restrictions are now correct.  Thanks UchihaSasuke for making the video.  It was a great help!

RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
Well I'm just posting an update to say I've finally got Visual Studio 2010 from my mate.  So I can finally start coding.  I would have started coding sooner, but my computer had a nasty virus that kept shutting down my computer, and oh my god, that pissed me off when I had started writing a big chunk of code, only to lose all that work.  So I had to reinstall my computer's OS.  I also had to reinstall again because it keep randomly freezing.  The good news is my computer is fine now.  

I've got two screenshots to show which shows what the tool looks like at the moment:

The main interface has been put together as you can see from the screenshots.  I’m focusing on the mount of getting the main code done and at that point, release a beta.

That is all for now.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

good job on the progress.

i look forward to the final version and including a few of the machines i've made if there's still premade ships somewhere (and hopefully i'm able to run it this time. even the registering failed for me last time)

RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
If you can run this program, then you should not have a problem: forums.warsworldnews.com/viewtopic.php

I've tried the program on a few computers with XP, Vista and Windows 7, and they all ran fine.  My computer at my Nan's is a bit slow (I can just about watch YouTube videos on it) and the program ran a bit slow.  You would have to wait a few seconds every time a button was clicked.  I've got to look for the minimum specs that are required for the tool to run at full speed.

I will add a section to include Pre-Made Machines, but that will be the last thing to do.  At the moment, I don't plan on adding it to V1.6 but will in V1.7.

Just posting a screenshot of the "Parts" section:

When I was showing the tool to my mates, one of them asked if the weight could be displayed in "Pounds".  I wasn't going to add it, since the F-ZERO games uses Kg, but since I only have to times the value by 2.205, I went and added that feature in.  Damn you imperial system. Razz
RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
I have some good news.  The tool pretty much done in the sense that is creates the codes to make a machine.  Don't get this confused that the tool is complete as there is still a lot more work to do.  I plan to release a beta version on Tuesday 29th May (I have a day off work then).  Keep in mind this will be the Visual Basic Net 2010 version and that the interface will be more bare.  To give you an idea on what the beta will NOT include:
- Images (Pilots, parts etc).
- 64 Expansion Pack colors (for now, you just pick a custom color).
- Can't create Super Machines.
- Only make codes for USA version.
- No buttons to press to enter text in Name box.

There is more but it is minor boring coding stuff.  Razz

I will post one screenshot for now.  I dislike setting up tabs in Visual Basic Net because you can't have the same look as in Visual Basic 6.  After playing around with the options, I have gone for the 'button' look.  At least it looks more professional.

The 'tabs' option 'Design' has been replaced with the word 'Decals' since you aren't actually designing any of the images.  More like picking decals to put on the machine.  Also 'statistics' has been changed to 'Ablities' because that is what the F-ZERO GX manual refered to them as. 

When selecting a strength (grade), the selected one will be highligted.  Should make it stand out more showing you what grades were selected.
RadioShadow
Black Bull
Re: F-ZERO X – Create Machine (New Beta 1.6 and Progress R
Reply to this Post

The new "Beta 1.6" that has been coded in Visual Basic Net has been released.  See the first page for details.

I would have released this sooner, but AOL hates mediafire now and won't upload any files (plus another reason for me to hate it), so I have to use a compuer at work or a friends house to upload file.  I'm hopying to get one of my friends to fix the issue for me.

Also, if your computer is using a "Vista" or "Windows 7 64-bit" operating system, you might find the tool will not work correctly.  I can easily fix this by changing the way it complies the tool: http://www.devx.com/tips/Tip/42645

It was already set up to run on "x86" (aka "32 bit OS"), so it should run fine on "64 bit OS".  I have a feeling that I already fixed the problem last month, but forget about it. ^_^'

It was however set up as "Any CPU" on the "Advance Wars DS - Code Generator", so I got to fix the issue on that tool. 

RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I know some people have moaned complained mentioned that allowing the machine's name to be no longer than 8 letters is kind of lame, even know that is the limit in the Expansion Pack.  Well I have now made it possible for the machine's name to use up to 16 letters!  Yay!

Basically, in the RAM there are what in technical terms are called "pointers" that tell the game where data is stored.  The current problem is, where the names are stored in the RAM, there isn't much space to extend each name to allow 16 characters (the max the game allows).  So what I had to do was locate some free RAM that didn't get used in the game.  After some play testing, I found some.  Basically, the names will be stored there and the pointers changed to the new locations.  The good news is, this is the same for the EU and JP versions as well.

The interface looks like this:

I've added a list box to set the max letters that can be used to 8 (for those who want to stick to the Expansion Pack rules) or 16 (the max that can be used).
You can either enter the letters use the button or the keyboard (have to click on the text box first).

Here is the long name in the game:

The only problem is the code is a little bit longer, but at least we can give our machine's longer names.  For a sample code, see below (US Version);

800F8137 0001
810F8146 1F03
810F8148 0101
810F814A 051E
810F813A 80FF
810F813C 8000
810F813E FF80
810F8140 40FF
810F8142 FFFF
810F8144 4080
810F83A6 0204
800F83A8 0001
810F8138 2722
800F83A9 0005
810F83AA 01FF
810F83AC FF00
810F83AE 8000
810F83B0 805A
810F83B2 4E25
810CD464 803F
810CD466 F000
813FF000 7477
813FF002 696C
813FF004 6967
813FF006 6874
813FF008 2073
813FF00A 7061
813FF00C 726B
813FF00E 6C65
803FF010 0000

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyone that has the Expansion Pack, can they confirm the letter next to the Z is a . [full stop / period] or a , [comma]?

In the "Create Machine" mode, I can't tell which one it is supposed to be.  This is what the . or , looks like on the pilot select screen:

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

it is a comma. there's no full stops in the EK's name entry screen.

the name limits should be okay handled like that. the track editor has options to fit the EK's limits or just ignore them too.

MistNinjaJulian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

What Are The Codes To Edit James Mccloud's Car(Little Wyvern F-Zero Machine)!? I Want Change His Machine From Grey With Blue Lines To Dark Blue & Black Line There My Favorite Colors! Thx In Advance! ^_^

Turbo852
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Does anyone still have version 1.5? I'm curious about the features that the older versions have that v1.6 doesn't.

The link to the old version isn't working anymore.

TheGreatLeon19
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
Turbo852 wrote:

Does anyone still have version 1.5? I'm curious about the features that the older versions have that v1.6 doesn't.

Take the link and replace the 'mrfixitonline.com' or whatever it is with 'fzerocentral.net' and it should work.

Also, the long name feature doesn't seem to be in the version I downloaded.

Also what happened to this project? It's been 2 years.

I fight for a reason. I win for a reason.
RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
TheGreatLeon19 wrote:
Turbo852 wrote:

Take the link and replace the 'mrfixitonline.com' or whatever it is with 'fzerocentral.net' and it should work.

Also, the long name feature doesn't seem to be in the version I downloaded.

Also what happened to this project? It's been 2 years.

I have updated the link on the first page.  The download link to version 1.5 still works.

So yeah, I've not worked on this for 2 years.  I still have the project on my computer, and I'm finally getting round to updating it.  The changes I have made so far:
- Allowed the Machine's name to be left blank.
- Allowed the Machine's name to have a max of 16 letters (removed pointless select box, limiting it to 8 letters).
- Removed "Edit alternative Body colors" tick box.  Basically, you can edit all the body colors, without the tool picking the alt body colors for you.
- Added tickbox to select pilot's default number.

All this means is I have removed some complicated code to make things simplier.  What I first need to is check the whole code and remind myself what I have do.  Then get the Europe and Japan offsets in.

@TheGreatLeon19: This is the latest Beta V1.6, so you can try out the long name feature (keep in mind, it is in beta stage): www.mediafire.com/

Drflash55
Mr. EAD
Is this still a thing?
Reply to this Post

Heyo. Just wondering if you're still working on this project, RadioShadow.

It's been about a month and two years since you last updated this post, and I'm wondering if you got around to making V1.7.

Honestly, F-Zero X is kinda dead, but it would be nice if you finished up what you started and gave everyone the last little bits of what you created. That way, we won't have to wait anymore (if people still are) and this project can be 'kinda finished'.

Up to you how you want this to end.

Index » F-Zero X » F-ZERO X - Create Machine (Beta 1.6 and Progress Report) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8