F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X Climax, a new F-Zero X on Nintendo 64 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Thunder_Luigi
Fire Stingray
Re: F-Zero X Climax, a new F-Zero X on Nintendo 64
Reply to this Post

Only recently I've been playing F-Zero X again because I'm developing custom tracks again, and coming to this hack was absolutely mind-blowing. Sure, there are plenty of videos out there showing it off and giving praise and then there's the fact I haven't played Climax fully, but being able to play it for myself allowed me to experience how much love and effort you put into this. I've played through your other series (PXB 1-3, Expansion, FZX 10th Anniversary, and so on) and this felt like an original game despite using assets from Climax.

Because of this, now I'm currently working on creating a 24-trackset of courses from GP Legend. It won't have the same graphical flair but your Climax track recreations are inspiration for how the 2D tracks could be turned 3D.

JAGG_ZERO
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post

Oooh, that sounds nice! Converting 2D symbols/tracks/etc. to 3D tracks in a meaningful way doesn't sound easy, but even if the final product is "just OK", the creative talent that goes into something like this is something I can appreciate. Especially if what's being re-created are tracks from other F-Zero games. Not that I'm too familar with the GBA F-Zero games, but still...

I look forward to seeing your 2D to 3D take of GPL (and maybe/maybe not obliterating the whole trackset with a TAS Razz)

Best of luck with the project!

Thunder_Luigi
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post
JAGG_ZERO wrote:

Oooh, that sounds nice! Converting 2D symbols/tracks/etc. to 3D tracks in a meaningful way doesn't sound easy, but even if the final product is "just OK", the creative talent that goes into something like this is something I can appreciate. Especially if what's being re-created are tracks from other F-Zero games. Not that I'm too familar with the GBA F-Zero games, but still...

I look forward to seeing your 2D to 3D take of GPL (and maybe/maybe not obliterating the whole trackset with a TAS Razz)

Best of luck with the project!

Hey thanks!

The interesting bit here is that I have a kind of love-hate relationship where the game feels very slick as a handheld title but the tracks and overall atmosphere feels so bland. Perhaps I'll appreciate the game more after working on it. On the other hand, I want to be the one that knocks off another game in the series of remakes--with GX having been done by Adel02 and everyone and their mother remaking various SNES tracks. I'm psychotic enough with the details that I feel like I can punch out something neat, if the ROM is forgiving enough. I even have the track order laid out already! Just gotta...erm...build them.

Drflash55
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Now all we need is Kaillera and get this thing playing Online with others...

Then, we can get an F-Zero X Climax online multiplayer experience.

Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X Climax, a new F-Zero X on Nintendo 64 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3