Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Jul.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » help me to progress on MCTR snaking
MarcAn
Mr. EAD
help me to progress on MCTR snaking
Reply to this Post

hi gay i 'm new on forum but i played F zero since long time.
i played normal game when i was younger (all cup and story in very hard etc...)
 i use to play with very fast and precise skill with Ngc controller I Super Smash Bros Melee tournament player since 2006

last years i back on this game for time trial with a friend.
we mostly play on MCTR and PTAD and other other track not serious.

for the moment my best lap are arround 15"124 + 11"4xx + 10"994 with 38"950 for total race =/ for MCTR my friend already done a first lap in 14"400
and 1"40"xxx for PTAD.

but now i need your help to progress on MCTR...  i have a question about video of CGN WR (30"661 run i can't put youtube link because my account is new)  some one can explain me what exactly happend at 0.22 and 0.31 how you can get 5500 km/h from 3300 on only one FRAME. i tried lot of run lot of trajectory but that never happend on my sceen =/ i supose this is similar to end of frist lap at last dash plate 0.18 some thing like shift boost with very high speed =/
i think i can done 3 or 4 sec if do this =/

i'm sorry if there is already a topic for this kind of question but didn't find ( i have very bad english)

PS : CGN and other great player of F-Zero i suggeste to you to try to play at SSBM because that game need very fast and precise imput like GX. since i play with snaking on GX my skill greatly increase on SSBm and that can work for you too x).
ty for anwser

E_Dragon
Fire Stingray
Re: help me to progress on MCTR snaking
Reply to this Post

What happened there is what we call a "shift boost".

the way it works is that if you leave the ground and get back on the track immediately you will gain that weird speed boost.

One way to do them is by simply going of the track or back again like in the CTT and SOLS WRs or the TASes: CTT and SOLS

and even the SOLS staff ghost does that if you haven't noticed.

Another way to get shiftboosts is by going over a hill with a very specific speed, so you get a little height, so you land back on the track immediatley again.

A few good examples to that are FFCK, GPI, LHP, or my OSMS TAS or GPS TAS if you want to see an extreme example of that mechanic being heavily abuse.

So for your case you want to reach that little hill with as much speed as possible to get that shiftboost working. The best way to do that is by taking the big turn with one big stride.

As you can see in CGNs vid, he does a very wide turn before the shiftboost to get it.

Alexis
Dragon Bird
Re: help me to progress on MCTR snaking
Reply to this Post

Who are u calling gay

Index » F-Zero GX » help me to progress on MCTR snaking