Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » Hey everyone!
JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Hey everyone!
Reply to this Post
I have been getting comments on my f-zero videos for a while, and never thought I would get the urge to play again, but heck, f-zero fever hit me... even tho I know I will get bored in 1 week again, I gotta do something about it. So I'm heading out and buying a old wii(those that support Gamecube games), a good controller, the game ofcourse, and some kind of capture thingy. So it's been like... 4-5 years since I last played, so my question is what kind of caputering device is good? I see in ruling you want a recording of the replay done after setting and not saved one, and I don't wanna play near my computer, so what option do I have then? I know cameras are darn good now days, I even know you can connect one through the tv to record whats happening on screen through the camera even, and what's I'm leaning towards now, BUT if there's something else that is better and within a valid range in price I can change my opinion. Well that's all for now! (Wierd that only IE works to post here and not chrome or edge.... :p) (Also in some topic you asked if my records where 50 or 60hz, all but cpso is 60hz... maybe ctt Aswell?)
Old and tired... ;p
CGN
Staff Ghost
Re: Hey everyone!
Reply to this Post

Long time no see,

I think a capture card would be a good idea. Two cheap options that provide decent quality are either the GV-USB2, or a Dazzle. GV-USB2 is higher quality, from what I've heard, and goes for about the same price even. These capture cards aren't actually the most user-friendly, but that goes for most recording stuff, so it's not like there's much of a choice. Just make sure that you have the latest drivers for the capture card installed, then everything should work out pretty easily. Lastly, in the case of recording a PAL GC, both of these options assumes that you'll be using composite video, but I'm guessing that's what you'll be using?

JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post
I am currently looking for a console, most likely be composite video. I will look around for easy ways to record :p Way too lazy to move my console around. Might just use a good quality camera for the "proving" part, then figure out how to record in better quality once I get going, assuming I even can get near world records any time soon ^_^ Might as well ask what I've missed the last... 5 years? any important strats, new tech etc etc I should know about?
Old and tired... ;p
FSF Returns
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

New things you've missed :

TS Chaining, which is basically MTS Chaining while leaving the engine on (mostly useful at the beginning of a run. Best users are Quick Star-G4 and Black Bull). Speaking of which, Black Bull claiming many non-custom WRs as well as overall WRs. The GPS second shortcut on lap 1, many shift-boost spots on BBDH, AfterDawn's ADS dive strat as seen in his Black Bull non-custom WR run... And HARD  BANGER (a custom machine with a great name that just happens to be so good at MT that it took a FLap WR).

The last one is important, and all the above concerns Max Speed =p

Personal Best Times for F-Zero GX : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10y-xzaWhTRq93hugkCZJp8Zlcd0aZc7BQqNxV-3ZZAM/edit#gid=0
JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post
TS chaining sounds intressting, got any good vids where it's used? Black bull I always felt could be an awesome machine, after seeing Foxu doing so well with it. Actually, if you could and want, just link me all the good videos :p also show me the hard banger video ;p
Old and tired... ;p
E_Dragon
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Here are 2 good examples of TS chaining:

Mtthews MCSO WR with Black Bull: https://www.twitch.tv/mttthew/v/44486061

and Zewings BBDH WR with Quickstar-G4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRUZosw8nH4

or you can just look at any run that uses Quickstar or Black Bull on the WR list:

http://www.fzerocentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=13710&sid=874f8f9a272ee14f96cb86b5bfb406a3 .

It's basically just MTSchaining with holding accel the entire time until 2-3 chains, so you got enough speed to make MTing worth it and that's also why it's only really useful at the very start.

regarding HARD BANGER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T9a-OBdZiM

JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post
Thanks, TS chaining seems to save ton of time. Will be intressting trying it out. The price of gc, wii and even f-zero gx have gone through the roof it seems(in sweden), so might take a few weeks until I start :p
Old and tired... ;p
JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post
Bought a wii today with Gamecube compability. I do still need a Gamecube memory card right? And trying to find a platinum/silver controller as well... most likely it doesn't matter, but I want one of those :p F-zero gx shouldn't be impossible to find :)
Old and tired... ;p
FSF Returns
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

You need a Memory Card to save the game (obviously), as well as save Garage datas, replays and ghosts.

Personal Best Times for F-Zero GX : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10y-xzaWhTRq93hugkCZJp8Zlcd0aZc7BQqNxV-3ZZAM/edit#gid=0
   Index » F-Zero GX » Hey everyone!