GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » I'm new
ShadowDarkness
Dragon Bird
I'm new
Reply to this Post

Hi I'm new here

A little bit about me: I'm from good ol' California, 21 yrs old(yea still playing Fzero) I'm a long time Fzero fan(since Fzero X). My favorite character is as the name goes "Shadow" for Black Shadow, which by the way would love to know your favorites. I think that's all...thanks alot

AKC12
Black Bull
Re: I'm new
Reply to this Post

Welcome! I suppose my favorite character is Captain Falcon, but Phoenix is pretty sweet as well.

If you've come here to post your times and learn how to get better, you can check out the articles that have been posted here. There are even more resources than what this website has, so just mention which game you want to get better at and certainly someone will direct you to those resources.

All of my GX times with various machines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c92zTykQvGwPoCU6yGuOb7lwxFENUC9ELbHZcse1qE/
ShadowDarkness
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Oh dude Phoenix is awesome the way the wings come out when he boost

E_Dragon
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Welcome, ShadowDarkness

Here is a brief explanation on all the advanced techs: http://fzerocentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=463

I recommend you to just play the game first and maybe even finish all the story mode chapters on all difficulties and beat all the staff ghosts, so you get a feel for the game, but you could also already start to implement a few techs there.

the first 2/3 techniques you should learn are quickturning (QT) and momentum throttle (MT) and general diving.

Quickturning will let you turn very sharp without losing much speed, so that's what you want to use to go fast through every sharp turn without hitting walls.

For dives, just by turning your machine down and pulling it up again to land flat will get you higher speeds, especially if you combine them with sideattacks.

Momentum Throttle lets you maintain high speeds for a much longer time, which will come very handy if you go extremely fast through dives or shiftboosts.

As soon as you feel comfortable with those techniques and got them in your muscle memory, you can start learning harder tricks like shiftboosting (SB) and momentum turbo sliding (MTS).

Shiftboosts are all over any track and when stacking them up you can get insane speeds. However you should still be able to control your machine.

Momentum Turbo Sliding let's you go very fast through some wide curves, but as soon as you exit your speed will drop down. It takes some time to get used to it and to learn to exit them well.

There are also some machines that can do a technique called MTS chaining, where you chain multiple MTSes together to go faster on a straight, but don't bother with that, as this is a very difficult technique to master.

There are also video tutorials by Naegleria, which I highly recommend you to check out to see how the tricks are done: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5UD8kOhQuv8fjXUpjDl2vSEHuqOOrBw_

Also there is a F-zero Central Discord, where you can ask any questions or just hang around: https://discord.gg/0SjuQvhyEztsO9Qg

BloodFalcon95
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

Welcome to the Website...Master 

ShadowDarkness
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

wow I've been doing half of the advanced machanics and not knowing they were AMs lol, and the dude from YouTube is easy to understand and everything so I'm practicing everything now. When I get good how do I post my record and even videos to show my work-in-progress?

ShadowDarkness
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

"Come out Blood Falcon!!"

BloodFalcon95
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

Lol of course I do...I don't know how to post vids on here maybe Ak12 or some other staff can help

Alexis
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Heyy I'm new too my favourite pilot is QQQ because he's cute but I also like Black Shadow I like to make pink custom machines and make him drive them

FSF Returns
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Welcome ! My favorite pilot is Beastman, and favorite non-custom vehicles are Hyper Speeder, Deep Claw and Twin Noritta. Favorite track is ADS (gotta love to dive~) and favorite custom machine is Cosmic Cannon-G4.

As for how to post videos : if you're looking to put your videos on the leaderboard, it used to be possible, but no more. You'd have to ask a mod to do it. But for now, you can just copy-paste the link to said video. Even if the forum will not automatically register it as a link, we will be able to copy-paste it in the toolbar. Smile

Personal Best Times for F-Zero GX : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10y-xzaWhTRq93hugkCZJp8Zlcd0aZc7BQqNxV-3ZZAM/edit#gid=0
ShadowDarkness
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

That's brutal Alexis why would you do that to the king of darkness Sad 

Index » F-Zero GX » I'm new