Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » Hulmy Thread
AfterDawn
Dragon Bird
Hulmy Thread
Reply to this Post

FZC is not allowing me to post the message properly so I will just link the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/ipLXvVHh

tl;dr Hulmy acts suspicious for 2 months and takes that amount of time to post a replay; keeps deleting videos, encouraging people to drop the subject, makes excuses for not posting videos when he was asked several times, doesn’t disclose the fact that he has a capture card, has a screenshot that doesn’t look like it matches his CRT from his videos, and lashes out or trolls people asking him for video proof. CGN has requested Hulmy to post a live run by the new year (January 1, 2017), and I have been asked to create this thread to document this. As much as this looks like a witch hunt, let’s keep this clean and not insult each other and discuss this rationally.

superSANIC
Blue Falcon
Re: Hulmy Thread
Reply to this Post

I see nothing wrong with the picture.

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwlwVEOgyAMANC7cAAqVWnnbRok6KIrod3XsrvvY-99wntcYQuHe7cNYD-t6NijuQ5pNTbVdlXpp8WiN4i7lOOuLzdgfDBzwgmJMSfKgBnnmZaVMi6UUsoM8hefvYXvD-TKIkc.wAwU6MLjmcTNj_hpwI1Ld8sx7uY?width=1125&height=2000

http://www.muamat.com/adpics/4c175e24dfc3b50be67fc7327.jpeg

So with some messing around with the brightness you can see that this does seem to be a picture of his CRT (so the idea of it being a screenshot of Dolphin on an LCD monitor is off). The edges of the screen don't look altered in the slightlest either, so unless you think Hulmy is a photoshop master I have no reason to believe that this isnt a legit picture. The point that it looks too clean is nice & all, but holds no weight.

Honestly the fact that this picture exists is enough proof imo, but I'll move on.

The picture of the deleted video is so meaning-less it's almost funny. You could literally do that with your own video: private it, save the url & log off. And if he did delete videos, what's to say that it's related? Maybe he just fucked up the recording who knows. Sure it's suspicious, but it's not anything beyond that. Of course, he had no reason to answer to anyone but FZC staff for proof either, so all you've done is expose him as a shitter (which we all knew already). Oh & sub 2 CTT is easy as fuck. I would expect the guys with 1'44 & 1'35 to know this lmao.

As to why it took him 2 months to upload, I can't defend, but if it really was a issue something should of been done about then, not now. Asking for something that you know doesn't exist (the live recording) seems unfair.

And I just gotta say: the timing for this is in really poor taste, and asking for even more proof after both a screenshot & video was put up seems really petty.

CGN
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

What I essentially said is that it's too hard to say anything here with certainty, but if suspicion occurs, other members are obviously allowed to call for proper proof. It's the person who's being doubted who needs to convince the others, which to my understanding, hasn't happened. It's better to just end this meaningless topic with an action to reset his CTT time and call it a day. He pretty much admitted to sub 2 CTT being "easy as fuck", so it should only take another session to get another sub 2 CTT time then? Wouldn't that save a lot more time than attempting to extend this topic endlessly?

Hulmy
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

It truly saddens me that none of this can ever be handled privately or in a matter that's not done in a way that makes me uncomfortable.

Nevertheless, I am here to hopefully try and clear things up, no matter how futile it may seem. I will try my damnedest to counter most of the accusations/agruments against me. Do keep in mind that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so many of the things I say here will probably make no sense whatsoever, but I will still try to tell my side of this whole situation. So without further ado, let's get started!

"He keeps making excuses to not upload videos!" - Now the rules clearly state that an FZC staff member has all right to request proof. When this first started, not a single member of the FZC staff was bringing attention to this. So because of this, I felt like I had the complete right to not upload my times even when other members of the community asked for it. I "respectfully" declined because I believed there was no need to unless a member of the staff got involved. Another reason for this is that I am extremely unhappy with most of my times and I didn't want to upload my runs as I felt like they weren't good. Hell some of them are straight up garbage for my skill level. You could argue that "Oh you should upload them regardless if you like them or not!" but sadly that isn't how I operate. If I don't like it, I don't feel the need to share it. Simple, yeah? And I'm damn sure I'm not the only one who does this.

"Oh but a staff member DID get involved!" - Yes, Uchiha did get involved in this, stating that video proof should be uploaded if available. I got the impression that I didn't need to upload proof until I improved my time again, which he also said I believe. The good thing about this is that he did not specify a timeslot needed to post said proof, so again I didn't feel the need to post a video of my run. I am completely listening to staff, however, as I did eventually upload proof, 2 months late or not. So really I did absolutely nothing wrong here. Bit of a miscommunication, but definitely nothing wrong. 

"He has a cap card and he didn't tell us!" - This is indeed true, but I never brought it up because I couldn't get the thing to work. I am by no means a technology expert, so cap cards were a new thing to me. I am also an extremely shy person, so the only person I had to help me at the time was FireFalcons1. Of course he wasn't much help and didn't fix the problem I was having, so I said 'fuck it" and went back to using my phone to record runs. Do keep in mind that I am not using this as an excuse, as people are now aware of this, they are willing to help me (I think?) solve this problem. Also I have 0.5 upload speed and the cap card produces videos with large file sizes. This is also why I went back to using my phone, because usually those vids are only 40+mbs and makes it much more pleasant to upload videos. 

"He's acting like a huge dick when we request proof" - If ANYONE knows me over the 2-3 years I have been in this community, they should know by now that I am a completely sarcastic/joking person. I bullshit a lot even when serious topics come up, so when proof was requested at first - or even now for that matter - I treat it as a big joke. Why? Well, that's just me. If you can't handle that, then it's not my problem. Do know that I am not hiding anything, or refusing to show proof, but I just joke around a lot, and this whole ordeal (HA) has been one huge laugh for me. 

He deleted his videos!" - Actually, no, I didn't. I have stated the reason for this in the past, but of course After Dawn wouldn't have a screenshot that goes against his argument. Basically, it was my first time recording on my phone, so I was holding it instead of resting it on something as well as holding it. The result? Well, the video was shaky as fuck. My run may have been bad, but I wanted the video to look at least half decent, so I made the video PRIVATE! I made it PUBLIC again after a few days because of the backlash I recieved. The same videos (MCTR, CPSO, SOSS) are STILL THERE (you can tell because they look different compared to all the other videos). However, people thought I was cheating even more because of this. Hilarious, right? Doesn't even make sense, but whatever... 

"His screenshot looks like it wasn't on his CRT!" - I don't need to explain this, as superSANIC_ did a good job of proving that it was indeed taken while on my CRT. Even found a picture that matches said TV, so I don't even know how this one came about, to be honest.

"He tells everyone to drop the subject!" - This also needs no explanation. Staff made their decision, I respected said decision, and moved on. No more, no less. 

"It took him two months to upload a video? Seriously?!" - As I have stated before, I was unhappy with my times and didn't want to upload them. I know people don't see this as an excuse, but I am an extremely lazy person. Picking up the controller and playing is much easier than loading a replay, recording said replay, moving said replays to my laptop and then uploading said replays to YouTube. To me, this takes a lot of effort, and it's honestly not even worth it if I don't need to do it. Got better, more important stuff to do with my time. Do I need to mention the 0.5 upload speed again... Also again, Uchiha never stated a time slot to upload, so I didn't bother doing so until I felt like it.

"He acts suspicious when we ask for proof" - More or less the same as another point before, but I want to break this down as much as possible. Again, as I have said before, I am a shy person, and handling crowds is not my strong suit. Being "suspicious" is really just a way for me to try and get the heat off of me. Obviously that doesn't work, but I have no idea how to handle situations like this when they come out of nowhere. I am not hiding anything, and have been an active (well as active a shy person can be) member of this community for a decent amount of time. People should know me by now, and believe what I say. I should have earned your trust by now. Something like this should HAVE NEVER started in the first place. 

"He said he had a live run recorded. Where is it?!" - Ah now I will admit I take full blame for not being specific about this. I did say that I had a live run prepared, but I failed to mention that it was for LTR and not CTT. I assumed any live run would do, so I recorded a live run on one of my weaker tracks, which was LTR. That run, however, has since been deleted. At the time, I was getting attacked by several members of the community. I retaliated by deleting the live run and not giving proof to anyone, as I felt they were being way too mean about this situation. Again, 100% my bad, but hey mistakes happen, so let's move on. 

"He said he took a break but he was secretly playing, what's up with that?!" - Well uh... so yeah, this is a thing? I said I was taking a break but felt like playing again? So I played? And is an argument point? Because I played? I don't know, your guess is as good as mine here.

"Sub 2 CTT is easy as fuck? Do it again then!" - It seems a lot of people (mainly AKC) got really damn annoyed when I said this. Even players with really good times (CGN and After Dawn but his time isn't even on the ladder so who cares), seem to have doubts about these words. Truth is, it is easy to get sub 2. Watch my replay. My run was sub-par, had some big mistakes (that huge speed loss at the start of lap 3) plus some missed shift boots which cost a lot of speed. Guess what? It was still sub 2. Everyone knows that CTT is a BITCH to grind out. Sure, I could get sub 2 CTT again easy. Do I want to waste hours and hours of attempts doing so? No. I have other games to play. For the record, just because I say it's "easy" doesn't mean I can get it in like 10 minutes. It still takes a long arse time. I say it's easy because I can get sub 2, which has been proven already. 

"He improved on CTT way too quickly!" - Ah, the one that arouses the most suspicion. So most people should know by now, I used to play on a HDTV. Now what I didn't know when I was using it, was that it had input lag. Believe it or not, but I actually have no idea what that even means, but I do know that it's garbage to play on. I made the switch to a CRT around the same time that I started improving a lot, not just on CTT, but in other tracks in general. In fact, I actually have a few top 20, even TOP 15 times because I made the switch to the CRT. I already had the basics of the GX mechanics handled, so when I made the switch, my skills exceeded faster than even I expected. It just felt SO MUCH BETTER to play on. And of course, I got better at shift boosting because of this too. A lot of people should know this as well, but I disliked CTT for a large amount of time, refusing to even touch that course.

But alas, I wanted to save some time, and I felt like CTT was my next journey. Instantly I noticed that shift boosting felt a lot more easier to do, so naturally I was able to improve. It only started as a 3 second time save, but kept getting lower and lower from there. Funny enough, I have posted every single picture of my improvements in the Discord, UNLESS it was something so tiny like 0'00"100 or something of that nature. I STILL have the pictures on my phone, so if you really want me to send all of my time saves, then I will. No one raised an eyebrow until I hit sub 2, which I still find weird. "Oh you saved over half a minute and got a 2'02? You legend, keep it up!" "You saved another 4 seconds and got a 1'58? YOU CHEATER! CHEATER! CHEATER!!" And before you start with the "that's not how it started" I know that. It started when I didn't wanna post a video. but still that doesn't change the fact that no one cared until I got sub 2. 

This is the biggest one, so I am trying super hard to counter this one! So below are the top ten times on my memory card:

Times 7-10 - http://i.imgur.com/9Vn89eW.jpg

Times 3-6 - http://i.imgur.com/0gmZr8g.jpg

Times 1-2 - http://i.imgur.com/o0PpnpA.jpg

Please excuse the poor quality of the numbers, but I also wanted to include my TV into the pictures. I don't know about you, but if I faked the replays, then why would the times be on my memory card? Even if I made a replay in Dolphin (which I can't by the way because my laptop can't run it) then surely those times would not have saved onto the memory card, correct? This is honestly bigger proof then the splits and the replay, so if you still think I cheated after seeing those, then I seriously am just baffled beyond belief.

Well, there you have it. There is my best attempt of explaining my side of things. I'm pretty sure I have missed something, but you can't get all the little details and nitty gritties, am I right? 

This took me almost two hours to write, so I am being dead serious about this. Writing all of this alone should be proof enough. Like seriously? Why in the world would I go out of my way to write all of this on a BS time?

I am going to be seriously disppointed if the outcome is "He provided proof? Nah, who cares what he says, I will erase his time regardless!" I really hope that you have a really good think about all I said, even if it is just a jumbled up mess of words with no structure.

I still believe that I should not need a live run though. I have provided proof and sanic has backed up some proof as well. A picture of the splits, a replay and the times on my memory card should be enough. A live run is just pushing it. Plenty of people have backed me up as well, so it's going to be a shame if the little man loses because he doesn't have a loud enough voice. 

If, for some ungodly reason, you still want a live run, at least give me more time. It's the holidays, and my birthday is coming up real soon. I don't want to spend time worrying about a shitty sub 2 CTT run. You won't extend the time? Fine. Just remove the time now. Time removed or not, I do plan to stay active in the community. This community is amazing except for a few bad eggs, and I'm definitely not leaving those amazing people behind. (Just a little message for those who actually care about me)

And as one last note, I just want to thank you dearly for making me waste my Christmas on all of this. I couldn't enjoy it at all because I was too worried about all of this. It is absolutely disgusting that you couldn't even wait until after Christmas to do this shit. I really expected better out of you guys.

If anyone made it this far, I hope that you actually have a happy holidays, because mine was ruined with all of this bullshit.

Thanks for reading. 

zewing
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post

Thi s is really sad to read that this stuff was going on for so long without any sort of FZC staff member (for 2 MONTHS) to come out and state that the proof wasn't good enough (something about Uchiha was mentioned I think, but there still wasn't a thread), or at the very least send in reminders to Hulmy / community that it wasn't sufficient.

Even after putting out the proof it was considered beyond suspicious still?  Hell we have a person in the community that solely uploads his pb's THROUGH dolphin, yet that's not any more suspicious than someone being a memer?  I've talked with Hulmy a few times and he just has issues with this kind of thing, like being put in the spotlight. 

Treat people like you would be treated, if there is no communication then that's a failure on the sites staff end.  Just imagine if you were under suspicious and I told you to grind for a time that was dumb, like IDK sub 2'30 LTR, but imma give you 3 days to do it.  We're not all built the same for this game, and motivation comes and goes for us.  I think this shit needs to be dropped and moved on, set your ego's aside.

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

It is ironic that the whole 2 months to upload a video is the one of the main factors of suspicion when it was never stated by a staff member that a video needed to be uploaded before a certain date.

But as others stated before, the lack of communication and/or willingness to create a topic here months ago escalated this to stupid levels.

We took a closer look at the proof, and found nothing. So that should be the end of it.

All of my GX times with various machines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c92zTykQvGwPoCU6yGuOb7lwxFENUC9ELbHZcse1qE/
yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

It sounds like most of us want to move on from this, and so do I, but I'm not sure if we're fully agreed on whether to keep or remove the CTT time in the rankings.

I vote to keep it. With the information we have at this point (screenshot, video, apparent runner effort) I think the CTT time itself seems just as credible as most of the others on the rankings. As for what happened with communication, it seems that significant mistakes were made on both sides in the end, so I don't feel like that influences me either way.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

i tried to put some pressure to avoid this but seems like it didn't work. my method wasn't good so i apologize for not taking stronger action sooner.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
CGN
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Seems like majority at this point wants to keep the time, so let's just do that and move on.

I think a good way to avoid situations like this from occurring in the future is to always record the replay and result screen after you set a record.

Hulmy
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Thank you to everyone who backed me up during these awful two months. I'm very happy that this is the outcome! And yes, I do plan to record runs starting at the results screen as soon as I finish the run. 

Now if I have to talk about about this anymore, I will smash my GX disk with a hammer... hopefully it won't need to come to that ^_^

Index » F-Zero GX » Hulmy Thread