Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » Silence 1 tech difficulties
Sarah
Mr. EAD
Silence 1 tech difficulties
Reply to this Post

For the life of me, I simply can't Railslide (where the refills are) and land the jump and get a speed boost. Am I missing something here? I've tried for what feels like 1-2hrs and I just can't do it. Is it a DTD? Or what exactly am I trying to do to get my speed up and improve here? Cuz otherwise I seem to be stuck at 1'06'404 (White Cat) for Course, 19'042 (Blood Hawk), and 1685 km/h (Blood Hawk) [MaxSpeed & maybe lap were when I was practicing today)

Any tips on doing that last slide-dive and maintain speed? ouo

E_Dragon
Fire Stingray
Re: Silence 1 tech difficulties
Reply to this Post

If you hold down on the analog stick, you will gain more speed, but you are more likely to fly off, so you could do that just after lifting off to gain more speed from it.

The next step is regaining grip as soon as possible. If you don't manage to straighten out quickly you will rapidly lose all your speed.

To straighten out quickly you want to hold left just as you land and maybe do a DT Z if you have problems with that, though DTing will cost some speed again.

Before I forget it: when you railslide you want to hold Z and I think you want to keep holding Z during the dive as well until you land.

I'm not really good at this TDD either, but I hope I could help you with that.

Sarah
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Aight, I'll give it a shot and hopefully I can improve my time a bit xD

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

the trick at the end is a TDD. you railslide against the wall at the refiller and then hold the down direction in the stick once you leave the refiller part and right when you lift off. you need to do that at a specific point since doing it too early makes you fall off.

if you lift off at the right point, you'll land hitting the rail and that puts you in the road with the proper orientation which helps.

it's a hard trick tho. requires a lot of practice.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
   Index » F-Zero X » Silence 1 tech difficulties