F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero General » F-Zero meetup at BSG marathon (19th - 27 August)
WMJ
Staff Ghost
F-Zero meetup at BSG marathon (19th - 27 August)
Reply to this Post

For the F-Zero meetup in 2017 the plan is to join the BSG speedrun marathon in The Netherlands. This event is not organized by F-Zero Central but we can get a nice F-Zero block there in the main marathon if we have some good runs submitted. There will be plenty opportunity for gaming behind the scenes as well of course. Housing and venue space all provided by BSG. Be sure to sign up on time for housing and if you want to run a game in the marathon because the deadline is May 7th. I suggest we aim for the last 3 days of the event 25 - 27 so all F-Zero players can be there at the same time for a cool F-Zero block.

See here for all info and submissions: http://www.speedrun.com/bsg_annual/forum

Watch
https://www.twitch.tv/bsg_marathon

Where

Egyptischedijk 14 
5531NE Bladel 
the Netherlands 

Entry for entire 1 week event is 50 euro for the marathon and 35 euro for mass housing. Daytickets are available and 12,50 euro for the marathon and 10 euro for mass housing 1 night. (copied form the BSG info provided)

Dates
August 19 - 27

Please discuss if you plan to go and which dates and make sure to submit your games on time.

edward406
Staff Ghost
Re: F-Zero Central Marathon 2017 (Registration open)
Reply to this Post

Hey everyone,

I'll be helping WMJ out where I can in getting this marathon to be a reality again this year. Currently we are looking to set the date for the event to be the weekend of July 14th - July 17th, but we are flexible on changing this date if it doesn't work out for most people.  I'll be playing at the marathon myself, but of course we are looking to have many more F-ZERO runners come and be a part of the event too. If specific F-ZERO games have enough runners, we will also be hosting competitions for those games. Whether it's a head to head single segment race, or 4P tourney like for FZX last event, runners will get a chance to bring out their best and have fun with fellow friends and rivals in person.

At the moment, WMJ and I would like to set two deadlines. The first is to find out those who are interested in going to the event and staying at a hostel.  The deadline for this will be March 31st. After finding out who is interested in going and staying at a hostel, we will then book a place that is nearby the event space. There are a couple options at the moment. One is a hostel that can take up to 18 people for about 380 Euro per night. For a three day weekend, that could work out to be 60 Euro/person (for the whole weekend) with 18 people attending.  There are also other options available if we have more or less people who can go. Ultimately, we are aiming to keep the housing cost at a maximum of 100 Euro/person for the event. WMJ will be updating the OP with information on hostels in the area for that weekend.

After the March 31st deadline, people who are looking to go to the event will need to organize a place to stay and transportation to the event space on their own.

The 2nd deadline is May 1st. This is the last day to sign up to be a part of the marathon.

"It's the F-Zero spirit!" -Yazzo
Valyssa
Wild Goose
Re: F-Zero Central Marathon July 2017 (Registration open)
Reply to this Post

Hey guys. I appreciate both of you organizing this great event again! I'm very excited to come aswell.
I'm pretty sure all dates will work for me, don't have any big plans around that time

For the games I want to participate in, it kinda depends on what others submit aswell. But these are the games I could potentially do:
F-Zero GX
F-Zero X (Multiplayer only)
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero AX

As we get closer to the submission deadline I'll update these with more info and estimates

FishMasterino
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Hello everyone, I will gladly come to the F-zero meetup in July.
The dates are okay for me, however, since I have to work on Friday/Monday and I don't live too far away, I don't think I need to stay three nights in Utrecht. Friday night and saturday night should be okay for me, or even just saturday night.
If anyone else is in the same situation, we could maybe book something together, else I'll just pay my share of the hostel and maybe not sleep there all three nights.

I mainly play GX and would gladly play on stream or participate in competitions.
I'd gladly play X too, but I'm a filthy casual in that game.

See you all in July !

dizzle747
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

Shame about the date I would of really liked to have attended this but i will be on another holiday i prebooked. Hopefully I can attended if there is a similar event next year 

Smile
edward406
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Just a quick update with a list of who's confirmed they will attend and who has said maybe:

Confirmed ( 5 )

WMJ
Edward
Moreno
Vallkyr
Meridian Prime

Maybe ( 3 )

Philippe
E_Dragon
CGN
Yoshifan
Brave

edward406
Staff Ghost
Re: F-Zero meetup at BSG marathon (19th - 27 August)
Reply to this Post

Bumping this thread to bring attention to the update in the OP. The marathon is now merged with the BSG (Benelux Speedrunner Gathering). WMJ has updated the OP with all the info on how to submit.

FishMasterino
Dragon Bird
Re: F-Zero meetup at BSG marathon (19th - 27 August)
Reply to this Post

Unfortunately I won't be available with the change of dates Sad

Index » F-Zero General » F-Zero meetup at BSG marathon (19th - 27 August)