Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » F-ZERO GX: World Record List Goto page Previous  1, 2
Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Re: F-ZERO GX: World Record List
Reply to this Post

It's cool to see different records for different categories, but I think we shouldn't go overboard with it as it then could make the competition too spread out, which I don't think would be good development.

Personally I think the Custom and Non-Custom seperation for Max Speed, Snaking and No Restrictions/Space Flying makes the most sense to have as the "official" WRs and to be counted into the rankings. Anything else I would consider as bonus-stuff. 

Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

Did anyone ever find out if JkL's times were 50hz?

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

i think he mentioned that he used 60 hz but i don't know if the post is still around.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Naegleria
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Looks like non-Side Attack would be a good sub-category after all.  Mtthew's new MCSO WR sparked some talk about it, and since there is a sizeable portion of the community that competes in non-SA I think it merits it's own table.

CGN
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

While we're at this, would it be about time to add lap WRs in the list? When I think about it, there's quite a bit of horizontal space of the page that can be used. Anyone besides me who would like this to be added?

Naegleria
Janitor
Reply to this Post

I would like it, though I don't think GX runners have put the same work into fast laps as X.  Still would be cool.

Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post
It might encourage a bit more fast lap competition if it was added.
CGN
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

WR List has been updated with the Non-SA category. The rules are displayed on the rules page below the Max Speed ladder rules. In my opinion, Black Bull should be an exception to the E, D body rating rule, as it doesn't benefit from Snaking, nor is its MTS chaining great without SAs. I don't think there's much that can be done with this, as it is the way Mr. Muumu defined the rules, and what this category is based off.

I also remade the design for the Story Mode section. I personally like white text on black background, as it highlights the text, icons, as well as being more enjoyable to the eyes. Would people like every category to have this design?

I'm still thinking about adding lap WRs, but FZC's HTML support makes wide tables complicated to create...

Naegleria
Janitor
Reply to this Post

I thought the E/D body rating thing only applied to custom machines?

CGN
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Black Bull is a body A machine, but it can chain to some extent, which is why I assume no Japanese players used it? Might be allowed still?

I guess I'll add the Black Bull times for now. I never saw Mr. Muumu say anything about the Black Bull, so perhaps it was just a preference?

yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

I figured not using Black Bull was just preference, yeah. In fact, muumu's rules as described in Japanese on his site specifically mention custom ("original") machines with D or E body:

muumu wrote:

性能E及びDのボディのオリジナルマシンを使用しない

(And as we've realized, Black Bull actually has an A body. I figured someone would've pointed that out if Bull were meant to be banned too.)

If you're wondering about other top players: Brave's formulation of the rules just says D or E body without mentioning custom, but doesn't mention Black Bull.

Rolly talks about side attacks but he didn't discuss banning of particular machines. If you look at his ASD and SOSS guides, he acknowledges that Black Bull is probably a better fit for the course than what he used, but he used Fat Shark as a personal choice/challenge. So it sounds like Black Bull wasn't banned or anything like that. Rolly has also done Great Star runs of MCTR and MCSO, and that machine's MTS is of comparable strength to Black Bull's.

I know of two players who used Black Bull without ever using side attacks. ColonelFXGX (BFGX) used it for his SOSS and ASD times at one point (although he may have improved both with Gallant later). foxu also seemed to favor non-side attack runs by choice, despite using Black Bull; Nicholas Mihaila (TAO) indicated as such in this PRSLS video description (I'm assuming he knew the historical context as well as anyone):

Nicholas Mihaila wrote:

This run represents an upset in GX history as Foxu beat the current world record with a non-custom machine, a feat which was especially impressive because of his decision to not use side attacks. 

So overall, I don't think Black Bull was ever banned by muumu's rules, which I'm assuming were the rules that influenced most or all of the players mentioned above.

E_Dragon
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

found a very minor mistake on the snaking WR list. The machine used for the ADS WR is Tornado Gantlet V2 and not Omega Gantlet V2 ... not like it actually matters.

Also my sloppy BBO noncustom WR isn´t on the list yet, but I think I will improve that either way sometime soon.

Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

No need to worry about the missing GPI video anymore, Brave just completed the collection. Smile

RichardTaro
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Max Speed

FFCK Lap 40"935 Brave Date:xx.07.2014

CPDB Lap 38"334 Brave Date:xx.08.2013

FFU Lap 23"652 CGN Date:16.02.2014

Snaking

AM Lap 23"018 CGN Date:26.09.2014

LHP Lap 32"581 CGN Date:12.10.2014

FFU Lap 20"721 CGN Date:06.11.2014

When it's based on "FZC Best and World Record Submission Rules".
Is Video Proof necessary for these record?

CGN
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:53 am

According to FZC rules, these do require video proof. There's not much of a reason for them not to have videos.

Lap WRs were not included in the WR list until more recently, which is part of the reason behind the lack of effort into making videos. In addition to that, I suppose lack of satisfaction and lack of proof requests were also factors.

With that said, I do have videos of my missing records that you pointed out. I will upload them within this week, since there's an actual request for it now.

EDIT (15.08.2015):

Snaking videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSCP8L2-EVo

FFU (Max Speed): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd0q6iMa_wk

superSANIC
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

Small error: The CTT Snaking Flap is incorrectly listed as 30.787 instead of 29.517

CGN
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Fixed. My b.

FighBat
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

I already mentioned this in the FZC Discord, but I figured it's a good idea to post this for the people who aren't in the discord. 

I've been compiling playlists for each respective WR Category and making it so people who get new ones can edit and replace the videos as they change. 

So far I've gotten 3 categories finished as far as I can find. 

Non-Custom Max Speed

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Sh5bM6lzxSJHUMzYx_qxEVVGskZFi_S&jct=2lMVDVqPY_wEgSgeFutm_3jFeF2uOA

Snaking

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Sh5bM6lzxTYJBZwYYYNZaa7x8zVMYIf&jct=2y3XNbnNbiGCvCXZlbztlBoAdcbang

And overall Max Speed 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Sh5bM6lzxRT0-W0urHQz-rK0_OcnBd3&jct=WeQoTlRXTofwT1KG8qvqpR3RFpnXQg

These are all set to allow collaboration (meaning anyone with the link can add videos) and I hope this catches on. 

CGN
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Sorry it took so long to make another update. I haven't really been around lately, so there's a good chance I left a mistake or two in the most recent update. I don't think I'll be around much for a while, so it would be nice if another site mod could look after this page every other month. If nobody wants to update it, I will eventually do it, of course.

yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

locks just gave me forum mod privileges, so I can help out with updating the WRs now.

Index » F-Zero GX » F-ZERO GX: World Record List Goto page Previous  1, 2