F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » [REQUEST] Separated AR code for the JP/promo parts?
DrasticGray
Mr. EAD
[REQUEST] Separated AR code for the JP/promo parts?
Reply to this Post

I know CGN made a thread with different ways to get the JP only promotional custom parts and how to get them. My only issue was that you either had to get ALL of the parts in the game via AR codes or inject a custom garage data into your memory card.
Would someone be willing to make an AR code that puts those parts into the shop for purchase with tickets? Do the components even have set prices in the game to make this possible or would they have to be priced manually? If the items would not have their own prices i wouldn't bother with the shop, and it would probably be easier to force them into the available garage parts without shop entries. The whole reason i want this is because i want to unlock the rest of the parts in the game normally over time.

RadioShadow
Black Bull
Re: [REQUEST] Separated AR code for the JP/promo parts?
Reply to this Post
It would be neat to have a code that just unlocked the 15 Japan Only Custom Parts.  What I did was unlocked all the parts first before using the cheat.
I got a little idea on how GameCube Action Replay codes work when making one for Donkey Konga 2.  You would first need to decrypt the codes, so we can see what the code is doing: http://doc.kodewerx.org/hacking_gcn.html
I'll have a look when I get some time.

EDIT:
Okay, this is what the US Code looks like to unlock the all the parts:

9C0030C8 00120000
840030C8 00239100
420030C8 0004FFFF
420030C8 0005FFFF
420030C8 0006FFFF
420030C8 0007FFFF
420030C8 000BFFFF
840030C8 FFDC6F00
00000000 40000000

What we need to edit are the "42" codes.  So the first one is doing the following:
- Write FFFF to the following offset: 30C8 + (0004 * 2) = 30D0

What we need to do is edit the FF values.  If you know your hex to binary, you would know that FF = 11111111
Think of each 1 that tells the game the part has been unlocked.  So if I just want to unlock 1 part, I would put hex value 80 = 10000000

I need to play around with the RAM to figure out which values unlock which parts.  Hopefully my emulator works.

DrasticGray
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Would it be simpler to see if after meeting the requirement to place an item in the shop, Isolating that string of code and making a shop modifier from there? If so, we could spade out different values until we got to the custom parts and go from there. Are the JP/Promo parts placed before or after the regular/ax parts in the game's data?

Of course, it's grabbing at straws but that idea would only work if the command were that when a requirement was met to target an item and place it into the shop. it's unlikely, the more likely being that the shop checks what requirements have been met and enumerates the offering that way.

RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
It's really sucks that it uses bits instead of bytes. Plus the order of the parts is all over the place, so using a modified code may remove some unlockables. Modifying the shop parts would be the next best option to try.
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

do the gold parts even exist as shop entries? seems like it wouldn't be something that'd be there since those were put in save files by different means.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

My save has shop entries for the gold custom parts (with cheats currently off). I don't remember if the code I used made the parts available from the shop or directly in the garage, but if I had to guess, I think it was the shop. I've got some notes saying that I used "all custom parts available [Sharkbyte]" as listed on geckocodes.org. It has the comment "all codes first hacked by codejunkies then converted to work with gecko os mod by Sharkbyte".

DrasticGray
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
yoshifan wrote:

My save has shop entries for the gold custom parts (with cheats currently off). I don't remember if the code I used made the parts available from the shop or directly in the garage, but if I had to guess, I think it was the shop. I've got some notes saying that I used "all custom parts available [Sharkbyte]" as listed on geckocodes.org. It has the comment "all codes first hacked by codejunkies then converted to work with gecko os mod by Sharkbyte".

That's actually really good news! If your save has those shop entries then there are flags that point various things into the shop.

On a side note, when playing F-Zero AX with a memory card, doesn't it place items into the shop? For example, if i race on a track, and it says that it's added 2 parts and a music to my game, that goes to the shop, right?

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post
yoshifan wrote:

that's interesting. the code i used didn't create these entries. might be time for me to undust the AR..

"Patience is useful in any moment"
yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post
DrasticGray wrote:

On a side note, when playing F-Zero AX with a memory card, doesn't it place items into the shop? For example, if i race on a track, and it says that it's added 2 parts and a music to my game, that goes to the shop, right?

Good point, and that's correct. I looked through the old official site again and it's confirmed here.

Index » F-Zero GX » [REQUEST] Separated AR code for the JP/promo parts?