Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Sep.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » FZC changed web hosts 2017/08/22 (Update: all bugs solved)
yoshifan
Fire Stingray
FZC changed web hosts 2017/08/22 (Update: all bugs solved)
Reply to this Post

After the host change, we identified several new issues that came up. They've all been solved now:

• Category ladders (like X's main Course Ladder) and single-level ladders (like GX Max Speed - Fire Field: Cylinder Knot) come up with a blank 500-error page
  • Email sending doesn't work yet. Example: if you reply to a topic someone is watching, it'll get an error "Failed sending email :: PHP ::", though the post will go through successfully. This might interfere with new user signups as well.
    • Update: The PHP error no longer happens, but it seems the email gets refused by common systems like Gmail. We'll need to see how to tweak our mail serving configuration, or look into a different kind of mail server.
    • Update 2: After some Amazon integration, our emails seem to be accepted now.
  • Clicking on country flags in the ladders should take you to a ladder view filtered by country, but instead it gets an error
  • Climax Ship Statistics article has lost most of its content.
    • This seemed to be related to non-Western characters in the original post's markup.
    • The post content has been restored using a backup from archive.org. An old database backup would've also worked, but wasn't necessary here at least. Later, it would be good to scan an old database backup for other posts with non-Western characters, to check if other posts like that went missing.
  • User-uploaded forum avatars don't show up
  • F-Zero-machine forum avatars (described here) don't show up
  • When making posts with non-Western characters (such as 99083 and 101406 of the GX WR list), clicking Submit gets "General Error - Could not insert new word matches". If a post or edit is attempted like this, it may or may not succeed despite the error. (It hasn't been a problem for the GX WR list yet.)

Other recent fixes will be described in the developer log topic. Thanks for being patient!

Locks
Amazing God
Re: FZC moved to a new web host 2017 August 22; report bugs
Reply to this Post

viewladder.php is broken due to some code that supposedly only works in PHP 4.

yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

I was editing two posts which were part of the GX world record list (99083 and 101406). Each time, I got this after clicking Submit:

However, both posts were edited successfully.

Further testing needed to see what is it about these posts that causes the error (editing THIS post does not error, for a start). Again, doesn't seem to prevent successful editing, but it's just confusing.

themistik
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Oh hello, I'm the guy who report for the button "Change to PAL", and I can confirm It dosen't work before the host change.

Hope this can be helpful for you, and good luck !

yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Thanks for the clarification. I thought I vaguely remembered someone reporting an NTSC/PAL conversion bug in the past, but I couldn't remember exactly.

I've reorganized the first post to separate bugs before and after the host change. It's not that one group is higher priority than the other, but it's possible there's a reason why the pre-host-change bugs couldn't be fixed yet.

thevorace
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

Well, I just wrote an eloquent message for you, but I forgot to add a subject so apparently when I hit submit the website decided to delete it. Then, I retyped it but when I sent it I got a PHP error. So I'll just post it here along with the previously mentioned bugs. Long story short, I have always been able to beat everything in GX with the following restrictions: Max Speed No MT/MTS/MTRS/EdgeShiftBoosts/SideAttacks/SuicideFinishes/ExclusiveParts. Everything except for Sonic Oval Staff Ghost. Recently I came back to GX and tried to complete this final challenge but to no avail. Do you have any ideas? I figured this would be up your alley since you're on the record for respecting muumu's playstyle the most. And FYI I just got around to submitting my times that I never got around to 2 years ago. They include all of my records for the restrictions I mentioned previously. Thanks for your help.

Hulmy
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

not a report but is there an estimated time for when this is going to be fixed? not being able to view the ladder is seriously annoying 

yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

locks has been busy, but a couple of days ago he gave me server access so that I can try my hand at bug fixing. I might need a few more days to figure out how the site code works, but once I do, the ladder bug is definitely the first one I'll be aiming for.

yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Ladder bug should be fixed now.

Index » FZC General Forum » FZC changed web hosts 2017/08/22 (Update: all bugs solved)