Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » Proof-Call: moreno1304
Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Proof-Call: moreno1304
Reply to this Post

A proof-call has been requested in accordance with the following rule: "7. FZC reserves the right to request proof of your times. Proof could be requested at random, or if there's a concern that false times might have been submitted. Any requests for proof will be handled by a member of the F-ZERO Staff." The request is for the player moreno1304 in the F-Zero GX Max Speed Ladder. The request is done for the following reasons:

1)    He has provided no video proof of any of his personal best times, some of which are top 5 times. Some of those times come close to the non-side attack world record.

2)    None of his times include the 3 lap splits in the ladder

3)    Moreno has claimed to be a non-side attack player. However his Ordeal time, which in the comment says is set with Quick star, is impossible without side attacks.

4)    He has been offered multiple times to mail his memory card with the replay data to someone to upload the replays, but there is no indication that he is going to do that.

5)    The gameplay he demonstrated in the FZC Marathon 2016 and BSG Annual #1, although done in multiplayer and at least several months after his final update, is not indicative of a player who has set such times.

I would like to ask the other FZC staff members what the proceedure should be going forward. As far as I know we haven't had this kind of extensive proof call being requested before, so it would be good if we were able to figure out the necessary next steps as they are not to my knowledge mentioned anywhere on the site.

First off I suppose other staff members need to agree with this proof-call being a good idea. Personally I think it makes sense. If it's agreed that it's a good idea, then perhaps a deadline for moreno to prove his times should first be decided as an initial step? If so my suggestion would be to give him say maybe 1 month to prove his times. If he's not able to prove his times in that time-span, his times would then be removed from the ladder. What do you think?
moreno1304
Blue Falcon
Re: Proof-Call: moreno1304
Reply to this Post

I can't provide proof for my times within 1 month due to not having equipment anymore nor do I have the personal time to set this up atm due to stuff with my study and not being at home very much. Soonest I'll be able to provide proof would be febuary of next year when I've finished this research project. IF this is 

an issue I'll have no problems removing my times from the ladder.

In regards to the BSG run, I'm not happy at all with how it went, I expressed this to both vall and edragon on site and the last update was almost a year ago at that point. Also i'd like to point out that in multiplayer we had handicap on which influenced the general flow of the game quite a bit.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't it still be possible to send your memory card to someone to have them provide the proof for you? Although I suppose you might not want to send it to someone because you're afraid of losing the files or having them be damaged in the mail-process. But if so you could just make sure to copy the files to another memory card before sending it.

But if you don't want to do that either, then maybe the best solution would be to remove your times for now, and then in February you could possibly re-add them. But only if you also provide proof for them.

Still would like to hear opinions from other staff-members though before any decision is made.

Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

I see a lot of convenient excuses, 4 months is an unacceptably long time to provide proof. It's best for the integrity of the ladder if the times are removed for now. If you can provide convincing proof in 4 months time, then welcome back.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

mailing a memory card should be the easiest method. it's been done in the past (not directly for proof but memory cards have been mailed between players)

the staff could offer to pay the shipping costs if money is a concern. we should give some leeway to players that are willing to prove themselves.

in any case, we're just following the rules. it shouldn't be that hard to prove legit times these days.

if this isn't enough and no proof is submitted, i agree with the others that the times should be removed for now until proof is available and provided.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
moreno1304
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

I'll remove my times during the weekend when I have time cuz more pressing matters at the moment. I'll provide proof in February.

yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

I just deleted them with my database admin controls. Deleting times is a bit weird to do on the regular-user side; IIRC you'd have to replace with 9'59"999 or something, since 0 doesn't work.

As you know, moreno, I've previously mentioned in Discord that the quality of your times really stands out for someone with no PB videos yet, so I agree with Yazzo's assessment. The cooperation with times removal is appreciated though. I always enjoy seeing non-SA skills, so hope to see those replays when you get around to them.

Index » F-Zero GX » Proof-Call: moreno1304