Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Sep.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » Improved draw distance and partial 16/9
Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Improved draw distance and partial 16/9
Reply to this Post

Hey guys !

Long time since I post something here but I needed all of you, who are still going to this very site these days, to see and wtach that now improved draw distance and 16/9 (partial, since the characters thumbs and Hud are stretched) possible now for the game we love, and I just think it's really big, that why I share this right now with you guys.

I don't know yet but I hope this will also be doable in the original 4/3 1.33 size, because well, I still prefer FZX this way.

The ultimate dream reamains to be to be able to do that on console ... Someway !!!

Now the vid ! (Still didn't try it myself as I share this ...)

video

Can't wait to try this on my mods, I'm sure I will be very surprise on most of the tracks.

Walkman
Mr. EAD
Re: Improved draw distance and partial 16/9
Reply to this Post

Very interesting to see all the curvatures of Silence like that, would be amazing to see on console for sure.

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Sure ! I don't thnik it's possible but in fact I don't know about that. I though doing this even with an emulator was like impossible (for reasons I don't know too) as of just yesterday, so why not on console someday ? May be with the help of the ram pack and some expert reprogramming of the game, let's just hope !

JAGG_ZERO
Wild Goose
Reply to this Post

Oh man, F-Zero X definitely benefits from a better draw distance like that. Even though the view of the loop in MC1 is mostly blocked by the tunnel (*grumble grumble*), just being able to see the entire loop without being near it adds to the overall visual appeal of the track and does that particular set piece a greater justice; I can only imagine that the same will hold for many of the other courses. The lack of fog would also make some jumps/DTDs like in Rainbow Road and Sector Beta much easier to aim.

The only thing is that if it were possible to do this on console, it would probably look a little bit less impressive than in the video due to the N64's lower resolution, especially when looking at something from a very great distance (assuming that the fog can get reduced that far on console).

16:9 looks like it could be good but I think I might prefer 4:3, too.

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Out of the blue !

I was so wrong. I believed that someway the emulator did this but no. It's a guy the boy181, who shared the video on youtube, who is working on a mod of the game.

He told me he has two working roms and as he wants help he said he would share those to me, I send him a message, I'm waiting for his answer and may be a link to get the two files !

I'll test the mods and will share my feeling with him and here (if it's ok for him) and may be I'll make a video showing the mods, still if he's ok with it.

I'm very exciting by that news, really. Seriously I dreamed about this for years, nearly 20.

The result will be a surprise but I'm sure it will be very interesting and as the author said himself "This hack also runs very well on the real HW". Even if the hardware ask for mercy (hope I won't burn my n64, have to try with a normal one, not my precious rgb I have since 1999) on championship or multiplayer I think it will be very nice for time attack at least.

Walkman
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hot diggity damn that's amazing! I'm assuming this would just require a patched rom on an everdrive?

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I guess !

Index » F-Zero X » Improved draw distance and partial 16/9