X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » FZEP Windows not showing up
Redblade009
Mr. EAD
FZEP Windows not showing up
Reply to this Post

Hey all, 

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I'm gonna ask anyway.

I recently started making some custom tracks for a complete 4 cup pack that I'm working on but it seems that FZEP just does not like my PC, whenever I open the program the windows that have like "Course Properties", "Camera", "Element Properties", etc just dont show up and the preview window shows up huge in size, when I go into the Window tab up the top, it says they are ticked but no matter what I do, I cant get them to show up.

At first I thought it was something to do with having multiple monitors but I changed it to one monitor, changed resolutions, changed from expand to duplicate and still nothing.

Duplicating one of screens did help at first but now isn't.

I'm on Windows 10, 64-bit with 2 1080p monitors and a 1440x900 monitor and out of ideas on what to try, it's almost like the windows are out of the display bounds.

Hope its fixable because im close to halfway done and have still got tons of cool ideas

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Re: FZEP Windows not showing up
Reply to this Post

hm

it could be incompatibility with Win10. this program was made over a decade ago and hasn't been updated since then.

do you have a way to test on any lower windows, like using a virtual machine? i only have up to win7 and it works fine there.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Redblade009
Mr. EAD
Re: FZEP Windows not showing up
Reply to this Post

Ok, was just going to type something else but I tried something and it fixed it, so problem solved.

it ended up being how the screens were placed in display settings (where it shows your 1,2,3 monitors and how they are placed in retrospect to each other)

So I had it set up as the Main in the middle and one on each side but I had the side ones moved up (so essentially  to move the cursor to another monitor I would have to move it to either top corner, this was because on a certain game I was playing when I clicked on another monitor it would minimize).

So in theory, I guess when I evened them out, it stopped placing them out of the screen bounds.

Index » F-Zero X » FZEP Windows not showing up