Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Dec.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » Please read I need your help (gamepad and difficulty)
JulianoFdeS
Mr. EAD
Please read I need your help (gamepad and difficulty)
Reply to this Post

Hello everybody, I'm JulianoFdeS, and I need some help.

I've purchased a generic Gamepad known as Gamesir G4s two years ago and I'm playing F-Zero X in project 64 until then.

My goal is the following: Beat ALL the races at first place, if the CPU beats me, I press Start and Retry/Settings, I really dislike get at second place or anything even below, to me this is the same as losing, I want to get 600 points in all GP races.

I beat Novice, Standard and Expert difficulty with ALL the pilots, I got 600 points in those three difficulty levels in those five GP Courses.

I'd like to do the same in Master difficulty, and I know that Master difficult is supposed to be that hard, but it seems no matter what I do, I can't beat the CPU at all! I've read a lot of guides, tutorials, forums, walkthoughs, and watched YouTube Videos, and even so, I can't get first place in all races...

I'm aware that F-Zero was made with the N64 Controller Thumb Stick in mind, and this was less sensitive and even more advanced than analog sticks in terms of precision, Youtuber known as W MJ said that i'm handicapping myself by using a controller like mine.

I tried so many different configuration in options>configure controller plugin and modified Analog Stick Range and Deadzones but it seems there's no perfect configuration, some configurations just work for some vehicles.

Something I hate is when I'm in high speed but if I turn my vehicle for left or right it kinda of break itself and the "nose" of the vehicle turns for the direction I tried to turn, I can't say why it happens, but when it happens, I drop too much speed, and it drops my position as well.

Is it IMPOSSIBLE to beat master difficult without a true N64 controller? If I really need purchase one specific controller (and I'll if needed) what is the best N64 clone controller that has the finest thumb stick precision? I'd like to avoid purchase an old N64 used controller with USB adaptor.

If you beat the game using a generic controller, give me your wisdom.

vegan
Mr. EAD
Re: Please read I need your help (gamepad and difficulty)
Reply to this Post

definitely not impossible. i used to play on emulator with a ps3/4 controller and i was able to beat everything on master, although it was hard, not any harder than doing it on console (wii vc, never played on original n64) though i would say. the key to maintaining speed and taking turns without going into a drift is to make very subtle movements with your analog stick, and learn to employ side attack turns efficiently when they're necessary. a good track to practice both of these things on is mute city 1, because even with the sliding strategy there are long segments where you have to just try not to lose traction and stay close to the walls without hitting them. the analog settings i used in PJ64 were 85% sensitivity, real n64 range off, and deadzone 1 or 2% for a ps4 controller. the pad you're using is also bluetooth, which will inevitably introduce input lag and make everything much more difficult, assuming it doesn't also have a wired connection. hope this helped, good luck

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Re: Please read I need your help (gamepad and difficulty)
Reply to this Post

to be able to get 600 points on all cups in Master, you'll need to be really good at the game. and i mean good good as in top 25 or top 30. even back when i was active i couldn't get this consistently and i was on console with the original controller.

you can resort to killing your rivals but in some tracks they're so fast you can't even catch up to them easily to get rid of them.

you'll need hundreds of hours of experience, especially to be able to do this with the slower machines.

to give some persepctive, even Very Hard story mode is a footnote compared to this. this is hard on the level of Master GP in F-Zero MV or Master in FZSNES which are really hard unless you really know the games inside out.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
   Index » F-Zero X » Please read I need your help (gamepad and difficulty)