Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Dec.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » F-Zero Wiki
wildgoosespeeder
Fire Stingray
F-Zero Wiki
Reply to this Post

Just browsing around and found F-Zero Wiki in desperate need of expansion:

F-Zero Wiki Forum Thread

Well then, how should we help expand? I find this place to be the ultimate F-Zero forum so this shouldn't be too hard to help them expand.

If they expand just enough, they can become a member of NIWA (Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance). Don't confuse this with the affiliate link on the homepage.

PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR MESSENGER SCREEN NAME BEFORE ADDING ME TO YOUR BUDDY LIST OR ELSE I IGNORE THE BUDDY LIST REQUEST!

Mozilla FireFox and The Angry Video Game Nerd aren't gods. <a href="http://bit.ly/cGF8yl" target="_blank">Fix IE7/IE8</a>
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Re: F-Zero Wiki
Reply to this Post

i checked out the thread.

6 months of constant activity? lol, an F-Zero wiki would go down very fast. we barely get some activity here weekly and this is just with people submitting their times. unless articles are added at a certain (slow) rate, i don't see a bright future for it.

also, no one ever elaborates on the obscure stuff like the EK properly in these wikis and when i try editing them, the changes never stick around. not worth the effort imo.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
wildgoosespeeder
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post
UchihaSasuke wrote:

i checked out the thread.

6 months of constant activity? lol, an F-Zero wiki would go down very fast. we barely get some activity here weekly and this is just with people submitting their times. unless articles are added at a certain (slow) rate, i don't see a bright future for it.

also, no one ever elaborates on the obscure stuff like the EK properly in these wikis and when i try editing them, the changes never stick around. not worth the effort imo.

Well this forum is not what it once was.

Activity would really rise if Nintendo would release a new F-Zero game with Wi-Fi connectivity for the Wii, DS, Wii U, or 3DS. There was that rumor for F-Zero Z for Wii but that was quickly debunked.

PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR MESSENGER SCREEN NAME BEFORE ADDING ME TO YOUR BUDDY LIST OR ELSE I IGNORE THE BUDDY LIST REQUEST!

Mozilla FireFox and The Angry Video Game Nerd aren't gods. <a href="http://bit.ly/cGF8yl" target="_blank">Fix IE7/IE8</a>
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

well, that's the thing, if nintendo doesn't make a new game, activity is not going to rise.

i'm placing all hopes on Wii U since that's the only place a new game could generate any interest and push graphics since it seems the more casual fans don't care at all if the game isn't better looking than GX (shown by GPL's massive bombing)

you could say some of us have got bitter over the years because of no new games and missed opportunities.

wildgoosespeeder
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post
UchihaSasuke wrote:

well, that's the thing, if nintendo doesn't make a new game, activity is not going to rise.

i'm placing all hopes on Wii U since that's the only place a new game could generate any interest and push graphics since it seems the more casual fans don't care at all if the game isn't better looking than GX (shown by GPL's massive bombing)

you could say some of us have got bitter over the years because of no new games and missed opportunities.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of STUBs that can be modified by us. I was kind of pushing the members here fix those STUBs.

As a side note, Pikipedia (Pikmin Wiki) is a Wiki of two games in the series and they get in on NIWA and yet F-Zero with 10 or so games in the franchise gets pushed aside?! WTF?!

Don't get me started on graphics. I don't think that should be top priority which I think a lot of game developers today put their main focus. I ask the players of those games "how's the gameplay?" That question tends to end the debate without an answer. Nintendo doesn't do this. Nintendo doesn't follow mainstream technology trends. They try to create their own trends. Just look at the Wii. It's not HD and it's 2012. I don't care about if games are in HD or not. If I can see it, it's should be good enough. Ever hear of the expression "better graphics don't make a better game?"

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

well, better ask all the people who bought GX and passed on the GBA games what's up. nevermind the fact that FZX is forgotten precisely because of the bland visuals. nevermind the fact that FZSNES was born to show off the graphical capabilities of the SNES.

also, the Wii is the first nintendo console that is weaker than the competition by a big margin. did you miss the fact that the N64 was more powerful than the PS1, GC had more power than PS2 and SNES had more power than Genesis? Nintendo just saw that there was no point in the extra expense when they took the risk with the Wii (people also forget this was a huge risk)

it is ironic that the "gameplay > graphics" card is used with games that actually look pretty good and have good gameplay. i can't think of many recent nintendo games (since we're on the underpowered side) that look bad relatively to everything else that comes on the same level of hardware. tehre's also the fact that their games age better than the competition. could you deny the fact that having the same game with 1080p would be way better than what we have atm?

also, being underpowered can only take you so far. there's a point where an upgrade is necessary. otherwise gaming would have been stuck on the NES era.

btw, F-Zero only has 6 games.

wildgoosespeeder
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post
UchihaSasuke wrote:

well, better ask all the people who bought GX and passed on the GBA games what's up. nevermind the fact that FZX is forgotten precisely because of the bland visuals. nevermind the fact that FZSNES was born to show off the graphical capabilities of the SNES.

also, the Wii is the first nintendo console that is weaker than the competition by a big margin. did you miss the fact that the N64 was more powerful than the PS1, GC had more power than PS2 and SNES had more power than Genesis? Nintendo just saw that there was no point in the extra expense when they took the risk with the Wii (people also forget this was a huge risk)

it is ironic that the "gameplay > graphics" card is used with games that actually look pretty good and have good gameplay. i can't think of many recent nintendo games (since we're on the underpowered side) that look bad relatively to everything else that comes on the same level of hardware. tehre's also the fact that their games age better than the competition. could you deny the fact that having the same game with 1080p would be way better than what we have atm?

also, being underpowered can only take you so far. there's a point where an upgrade is necessary. otherwise gaming would have been stuck on the NES era.

btw, F-Zero only has 6 games.

I was counting the F-Zero X Expansion Kit, F-Zero AX, and BS F-Zero 2 but I get it. No need to explain.

I'm not completely against graphics. I know things need updating. It's just most developers are pushing graphical updates way harder than what average consumers are able to handle (cost to be able to run those higher quality graphical games). Nintendo doesn't force upgrades like that unless the mass majority has moved on. Playing those 1080p games, it's just a higher resolution and nothing more. Not worth the hassle and money to upgrade at this point. Maybe sometime in the future when cost goes down and my old "evil" SD TV breaks.

Popenotorious
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hello! I'm Popenotorious, a staff member at F-Zero Wiki. I am here to see if MrFixitOnline is interested in affiliating with F-Zero Wiki. We have recently presented our application to NIWA (the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance), and are looking for active F-Zero fan communities that are interested in affiliation. MrFixitOnline certainly seems to have a very active and extensive F-Zero community, and we at F-Zero Wiki are excited about a possible future affiliation!

If someone from the forum wishes to contact me on the wiki, my username on F-Zero Wiki is Popenotorious (I have not posted a link because the forum is preventing me from doing so, sorry). Also, if anyone wishes to sign up and help out at F-Zero Wiki, we are always happy to welcome new editors!

Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

F-Zero Wiki link for anyone interested. I notice there is an IRC chat room, how busy does that get? We have our own long running IRC room which isn't strictly just for time attack.

Affiliation sounds like a good idea, might get us a few more members here.

Popenotorious
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Glad you are interested! As for the IRC chat room, it isn't very busy because it was only recently set up. The staff typically communicates via Skype chat.

And I agree that affiliation is a good idea! Hopefully it will also attract new potential editors to F-Zero Wiki.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

nice looking wiki, i definitely approve of an affiliation. just wish we had our own f-zero site to have the affiliation with...

Alex95
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hello. I hope it's alright to bump this very old topic, but the question I have is relevant.

I am Alex95, the current Editor-in-Chief of NIWA's F-Zero Wiki, succeeding Popenotorious up there. The guy's been completely missing off the face of the internet since 2012, with some scattered Wikipedia activity until 2016, and the two posts up there are the only messages he has sent on this forum. I know it's been a while, but I'm wondering if anyone has any information on where our previous EiC has gone.

Index » FZC General Forum » F-Zero Wiki