Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Dec.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
MV Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero MV » If you make a World Record post it here Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Faizer
Black Bull
Re: If you make a World Record post it here
Reply to this Post

B1 16"82

https://youtu.be/u3Zq9ON-wlc

SUCK IT TBK...no homo or bad feelings

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Nice comeback! Why the need to call that horrible? You really suck for that kind of drivel, hope it will bite you in the ass one day Wink To me that's a great time. My 83 used different strats, mainly the ending.

Faizer
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Im gonna grind it more tomorrow...also why am I not surprised that you did a different ending lel

also the ONE time I was happy with a time it was the 87, and you saw how it went

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Congratulations on the recent WRs Faizer! Some very impressive runs Smile

Faizer
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Thanks, right now Im gonna try to focus on getting in the Top 10 (maybe hopefully pass the Welshman...that's my goal right now)

Im still looking for some more WW possible laps where I can use my GPL experience 

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Championship flap - 15"57

Super technical flap that was killing my thumb even on GBA SP. This took a lot of tries and I'm taking my hat off to Etorre! This is the first time I've ever held this WR and also the only one missing that I never had before (out of all laps). Some months ago this could've meant only having to go for P3 flap for the clean sweep but that dream is dead now Wink P3 would've been another nightmare as well.

I've got the replay saved, so will post the video soon.

Edit:

added the video, thanks to Ben for recording it for me! And thanks Kev, but I'll pass on the 5-Lap

Kaynce
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
TBK wrote:

Championship flap - 15"57

Super technical flap that was killing my thumb even on GBA SP. This took a lot of tries and I'm taking my hat off to Etorre! This is the first time I've ever held this WR and also the only one missing that I never had before (out of all laps). Some months ago this could've meant only having to go for P3 flap for the clean sweep but that dream is dead now Wink P3 would've been another nightmare as well.

I've got the replay saved, so will post the video soon.

Congratulations!

I was waiting for this. I kept watching your lap time drop. Nice WR. Now go on and improve your 5lap champ time. Wink

Are you watching closely?
TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Championship flap - 15"56

A small step and a giant leap at once! Short summary of the lap: Not as tight of a first corner though the jump was great. The ice section was executed well for what's possible on console, though you probably could fluke into something better here. The last corner is more reminiscent of a great 1-boost lap ending, so with boost this part should be done more aggresively.

I've been questioing my boost strat now as you can clearly see that right after the jump my boost runs out and speed dips to 579 for a brief moment before the dash plate. That's gotta be a minor time loss so it might be better to switch the boost pattern around. Worth noting: Ettore got his 15"58 with 2 boosts so 4 is really not needed probably.

This lap could potentially go lower of course, but it's quite a struggle as ice drifts are definitely needed now.

Lap set on 2020-11-09

Kaynce
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
TBK wrote:

Championship flap - 15"56

A small step and a giant leap at once! Short summary of the lap: Not as tight of a first corner though the jump was great. The ice section was executed well for what's possible on console, though you probably could fluke into something better here. The last corner is more reminiscent of a great 1-boost lap ending, so with boost this part should be done more aggresively.

I've been questioing my boost strat now as you can clearly see that right after the jump my boost runs out and speed dips to 579 for a brief moment before the dash plate. That's gotta be a minor time loss so it might be better to switch the boost pattern around. Worth noting: Ettore got his 15"58 with 2 boosts so 4 is really not needed probably.

This lap could potentially go lower of course, but it's quite a struggle as ice drifts are definitely needed now.

Lap set on 2020-11-09

Congrates again!

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Thanks again Kev... hate to be spammy about this particular lap but I was finally blessed with a great one:

Championship flap - 15"53

A near perfect lap where everything came together beautifully. This was really worth the pain with a result like that! I've got some spare motivation left for WW... maybe someday

Lap set on 2020-11-11

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

2 more laps after all this confusion...

K4 - 18"22 (session)

B4 - 19"44 (session)

Both laps had new records in early december, then I discovered that glitch in emulation on the Flash Cart and decided to not release them like that. Unfortunately that glitch was apparent in all of my records since the 2020 comeback, including K2. It didn't immediately catch my eye (wish it did) but once I knew it was there, it didn't sit right with me to have not properly emulated runs as WR's so I've decided to nullify them. I've also deleted those WR posts in here, kept all the dates though for future WR history purposes as the records themselves were all legit of course.

Anyway, I've decided to at least put work into these 2 laps again and was able to polish them up a bit more. K4 was ridiculously frustrating. This run shows the best viable console strat in a very satisfying run and yet it's still 0"30 behind the TAS! That is to be expected though with so many ice sections, some of them (especially the jump) are just uncontrollably hard. B4 was easier though I've realised an interesting thing here: The combined boost time of 16,8 seconds is not enough to cover the whole lap, so it's very important to space out your boosts. I guess that's nothing new but I've noticed a big variance in my laps and that had to do with just that: If you go really fast, you're getting closer to that unreachable point of not losing any boost speed. That of course is not possible, but it makes a small difference. It feels like you get an extra reward for going fast, by also staying a tad longer in that higher speed range. It's just a strange effect I've noticed that explains why you can easily fall back into 19"5x/6x laps while your driving wasn't that bad. On the other hand, if you get a really tight lap all around, you can observe the opposite effect (that laps are suddenly faster than expected). 19"39 is definitely doable here as the first few corners weren't that great.

Also: As a new form of proof it's good to also upload the time attack sessions, which I've done for these 2.

Peutos
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post
TBK wrote:

2 more laps after all this confusion...

K4 - 18"22 (session)

B4 - 19"44 (session)

Both laps had new records in early december, then I discovered that glitch in emulation on the Flash Cart and decided to not release them like that. Unfortunately that glitch was apparent in all of my records since the 2020 comeback, including K2. It didn't immediately catch my eye (wish it did) but once I knew it was there, it didn't sit right with me to have not properly emulated runs as WR's so I've decided to nullify them. I've also deleted those WR posts in here, kept all the dates though for future WR history purposes as the records themselves were all legit of course.

Anyway, I've decided to at least put work into these 2 laps again and was able to polish them up a bit more. K4 was ridiculously frustrating. This run shows the best viable console strat in a very satisfying run and yet it's still 0"30 behind the TAS! That is to be expected though with so many ice sections, some of them (especially the jump) are just uncontrollably hard. B4 was easier though I've realised an interesting thing here: The combined boost time of 16,8 seconds is not enough to cover the whole lap, so it's very important to space out your boosts. I guess that's nothing new but I've noticed a big variance in my laps and that had to do with just that: If you go really fast, you're getting closer to that unreachable point of not losing any boost speed. That of course is not possible, but it makes a small difference. It feels like you get an extra reward for going fast, by also staying a tad longer in that higher speed range. It's just a strange effect I've noticed that explains why you can easily fall back into 19"5x/6x laps while your driving wasn't that bad. On the other hand, if you get a really tight lap all around, you can observe the opposite effect (that laps are suddenly faster than expected). 19"39 is definitely doable here as the first few corners weren't that great.

Also: As a new form of proof it's good to also upload the time attack sessions, which I've done for these 2.

Very good Tim, strong times! Some time ago i tried to use jdt on B4 flap, i was not sure that it can improve the time, but the idea is to hit the wall just before the dashplate and then re-take the control of the jv while it is on the mud, not too late or you lose velocity, but the jdt is very powerful, so you can let the speed go down under 540 i think.. Maybe you can try:)

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

I tried it again today Etorre... this might be TAS-only

Alright, let's end 2020 with one more WR:

K1 flap - 18"11 (session)

Me and this track get along very well I remember in 2011 when Ben first WW'd this track... that was such a turnoff. Now this feels like one of the best laps to play! The ending to this run was even sicker than the 14, you can't even see the line anymore yet I'm not crashing before it.

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

B3 flap - 17"15 (session)

Not the best apex after 3rd boost, otherwise really good. I've also improved B4 to a 43 though this was from last year still as it was supposed to be a WIP.

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

P4 flap - 18"73 (session)

About as good as it gets for me! The first big drift could be a little tighter but everything that follows after is quite excellent. The second last drift is my specialty, always scraping by pixel tight around that very last apex.

I've also worked more on B1 and K2 flaps, was able to exactly tie my old times. K2 was quite difficult actually, took a lot of attempts. I've kinda messed up the last boost in there, typical accidental early boost on the massive DS d-pad. It's a good lap otherwise, 09 is no joke on this course.

I was working towards a certain goal with all these repeated efforts:

6'27"99

My new lap total. Whatever that's actually worth, stupid number games. It's nice to look at though and gives me some peace of mind Wink

Kaynce
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Congratulations! Solid work on the world records!

Yeah, seeing those numbers - 6'27"99 - is a thing of beauty.

I have a special request. Q1, sub 15 seconds. Smile

Index » F-Zero MV » If you make a World Record post it here Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32