Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Mar.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » WR announcements via social media
zewing
Staff Ghost
WR announcements via social media
Reply to this Post

Any reason the only records getting posted on FZC's social media (twitter at least, not sure about facebook) only consists of f-zero gx?  Based on the community update, we've had 13 WR's (14 w/ TBK's record today in MV Tenth Zone East flap) set in the month of December, 11 of them not being F-Zero GX, yet the only records announced have been GX.  

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Re: WR announcements via social media
Reply to this Post

It's no other reason than people who have access to the account only write updates for WRs they care about, unfortunately. But I agree - either we update all new WRs on social media, or we don't update any of them. In fact, the latter conclusion was what I personally came to after it became a bit too overwhelming to keep updating all WRs by myself (instead I mainly focused on the community update and making sure they're all mentioned there).

Though definitely not against giving access to the account to people willing to keep (all) the WRs up-to-date whenever they're set.

zewing
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

We defnitely need a group focused on the account, something that I thought was already a thing but maybe I'm misremembering who had been given access to it.  It just doesn't feel like a community when only 1 game gets attention.

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

In that case I will no longer post any WR updates to twitter since I am unwilling to do this for every game. Will post any GX WRs on the FZC thread if the runner doesn't post it there from now on.

My F-Zero GX Docs and Spreadsheets: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1295gs_ZtSTE8AaxYFALSOAikrRKqWtE9
Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

Could people just tag FZC in their own wr tweet or use some unique hashtag for FZC to retweet?

zewing
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

I've looked up the hastag #fzerocentral and it's a very scarecly used one, #fzc unfortunately has a lot of activity that would be hard to follow.  Would be a good idea anyways to get people on board since it could help expand the scope of people participating in the community since following hastags is easy with tweetdeck I think.  Seems like a better solution than giving up promoting activity, granted it would mean people would need to be aware (a tweet from the account perhaps?) and use twitter to engage.

Index » FZC General Forum » WR announcements via social media