Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Climax Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero Climax » More story translations Goto page Previous  1, 2
Heian
Blue Falcon
Re: More story translations
Reply to this Post
News from the personal front: my master's thesis, which I'd been working on these last few months, was evaluated and accepted!

Which leaves me plenty of time to prepare: six more chapters!

Chapter 36: Haruka

An old diary was found at the house of Clank's friend Arias.  This was the
diary of Ryu's girlfriend, Misaki Haruka, from 150 years ago.  It contained
her writings from after Ryu went into 'cold sleep'.  As he read through it,
Ryu's memories of her returned.

On that day 150 years ago, Ryu was planning to propose to Haruka and had
prepared a ring.  But then Zoda appeared, chasing Ryu and causing the
accident that put him into cold sleep.  After that, Haruka vowed revenge on
Zoda and chased after him.  Disregarding the warnings of people around her.
she spotted Zoda about to rob a bank and pointed her gun at him.  But this
"bank" was in fact a trap set by the police for Zoda.  In order to send him
to a frozen prison, the police had remodeled a bank into a freezing
chamber.  When Zoda and Haruka entered it, they were both frozen.  Haruka,
mistaken for one of Zoda's minions, ended up in frozen sleep along with
him.

The diary ended on the day Haruka went for revenge, so Ryu had no idea of
what she had done and how she was frozen along with him.

When Zoda used the reactormite, he began to remember just who this Haruka,
imprisoned with him, was.  And he smiled with delight.

Chapter 37: Jack Levin, Death God

A man calling himself the 'Death God of Thunder' was raging through Mute
City.  As everyone wondered who he was, Lucy saw Jack Levin's Astro Robin
surrounded by gangsters.  They were concerned but Jack insisted that it was
nothing to worry about.

Jack was in fact meeting with Michael Chain, leader of the "Bloody Chain"
gang.  Michael knew secrets from Jack's past and tried to use them to get
Jack into the gang.  At one time, Jack had owned the Mute City night,
racing around and referring to himself as the 'Death God of Thunder';
Michael, knowing of this, was trying to intimidate Jack by pretending to be
this Death God.

The top levels of the Galactic Police had found out about Jack. Jack
approached Michael about quitting the Migh-Mobility Patrol quietly without
a fuss and settling his problems by himself.  Jack and Michael begin to
ignore each other as Ryu's invitation to rejoin the Patrol allows him a
chance to break with his past.

He rejoins as Ryu and the other members welcome him warmly.

Chapter 38: A Red Flower for Falcon

Jody and Dr. Stewart are researching Jody's brother, Andy Stewart.  Andy's
data suddenly disappears from the Galactic Police files, and no one knows
why.

Jody visits Falcon House at Clank's invitation.  The caretaker of the
house, Burt Reming, looks so much like Andy that Jody is shocked, but Burt
insists that he's not connected, and Jody is unable to get any information.

Following this, Captain Falcon appears in front of Jody, telling her to
forget about her brother as he tosses a red salvia flower at her feet.
This was Andy's favorite flower.  Jody seemed sure of something as she
looked at the flower.

Just then, Blood Falcon called on Ryu and Captain Falcon to race against
him on the planet Tankal.  Blood Falcon is armed with new reactormite for
this challenge.  As they race, the reactormite's resonance causes dark
whirlpools to appear, and Blood Falcon is sucked in.  Captain Falcon also
falls in as he tries to shield Ryu.

A few days later, Jody visits Falcon House, and Burt isn't there.  She
notices salvia flowers in the vase.  As it turns out, the meaning of this
flower is 'love for one's family'.

Chapter 39: The High Mobility Patrol Disbands!

Blood Falcon has revived himself in liquid form.  Black Shadow issues him
orders to stop the High Mobility Patrol.

A race is being held, and the head of the High Mobility Patrol is on hand
to watch Ryu and the other racers.  But Blood Falcon transforms his body
into a replica of the president, and sneaks into his office.  He then
orders Ryu's arrest under suspicion of leaking information to the enemy.
Jack and Lucy are also arrested for various crimes.  He then gives the
order to disband the High Mobility Patrol.

As this is happening, Dark Million is attacking a Galactic Federation
energy plant.  The disbanded High Mobility Patrol is forbidden to act, but
they ger Ryu out of his cell and head for the plant.  But then the fake
president reveals his true form and attacks the Patrol members!  The liquid
Blood Falcon is hiding in Ryu's trunk.  Ryu crashes his machine into an
energy tank while using his boost fire, and the heat boils Blood Falcon
away.

The real High Mobility Patrol president is found, and the group's
disbanding is cancelled.  They are then given permission not only to race,
but also to function as a special team taking on Dark Million.

Chapter 40: A Coffee Break

Ryu is worried as usual.  To cheer him up, Jack decided to give him a tour
of the world of AD 2202.

Walking around Mute City, looking at various things, Ryu is still
surprised.  Until then he had been too busy fighting and racing to notice
the technology of the future.

Ryu enjoyed the day, but a minor disagreement with Jack ends up becoming an
argument.  They're still angry with each other as the next race begins.
Their fight spills over onto the race track, and both fall off the course.
It looked like Dark Million would take the victory, but then EAD came from
behind to win.

A furious Jody is ready to harangue Ryu and Jack, but suddenly the two of
them run off in good spirits.  When had they become friends again?

Chapter 41: Black Shadow Disappears!

Zoda notices that Haruka looks just like Miss Killer, and plant to take
advantage of this fact.  He appears in front of Ryu and explains to him
that Haruka was frozen along with him 150 years ago.

Ryu's heart pounds as he realizes that Miss Killer might in fact be Haruka.

The next race features Zoda, Miss Killer, and even Black Shadow.  The
battle is intense, but Ryu is unable to duel with Miss Killer.  Zoda tries
to take advantage of this and defeat Black Shadow; he pushes in on him
using his and Ryu's reactormite.  Black Shadow shoves back and Zoda is sent
flying into magma -- but the reactormite pulls him out, sending Black
Shadow towards the fiery pit!  Zoda is ecstatic, but Miss Killer is agape
at losing Black Shadow.  Ryu can only look on with sadness.
Hulabaloon
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post
Heian wrote:
News from the personal front: my master's thesis, which I'd been working on these last few months, was evaluated and accepted!

Congratulations!

Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
Yeah, I'm esctatic!  I had no idea I'd be capable of finishing this, and now it looks like I'm miving right on to the doctorate program!  Now I can get back in touch with friends, relax, and of course play a little F-Zero.

RadioShadow - any progress on the half-width/VW font?

And once comment about the characters' names: Ryu's girlfriend is named 'Misaki Haruka', and both Misaki and Haruka are common girls' names.  (Misaki topped the rankings several times around 1990 or so.)  Even though all the other character names have the given name first and surname last, I think maybe in this case, Misaki is her last name and Haruka is her given name; Ryu always refers to her as Haruka, and Misaki (meaning 'three cliffs' and not 'beautiful blossom') can also be a surname, though it's rare.  In the game her whole name is in katakana so it's hard to tell which is correct.  Anyone know?  
RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
Heian wrote:
Yeah, I'm esctatic!  I had no idea I'd be capable of finishing this, and now it looks like I'm miving right on to the doctorate program!  Now I can get back in touch with friends, relax, and of course play a little F-Zero.

RadioShadow - any progress on the half-width/VW font?

And once comment about the characters' names: Ryu's girlfriend is named 'Misaki Haruka', and both Misaki and Haruka are common girls' names.  (Misaki topped the rankings several times around 1990 or so.)  Even though all the other character names have the given name first and surname last, I think maybe in this case, Misaki is her last name and Haruka is her given name; Ryu always refers to her as Haruka, and Misaki (meaning 'three cliffs' and not 'beautiful blossom') can also be a surname, though it's rare.  In the game her whole name is in katakana so it's hard to tell which is correct.  Anyone know?  

Heian, have you not played GP Legend?  Because she is called 'Misaki Haruka' (in Climax she is called Miss Killer).  It is strange because Ryu's name got changed in the Euro/US version but not her name didn't.  

Basically, 'Misaki Haruka' is her official name in all version of GP Legend versions.   So  'Haruku' is her surname so there is no need to change it. Smile

Now I have been busy with school work so I not have chance to practice ASM hacking.  Also I have discovered how to hack Advance Wars 2 maps so I've been adding loads of maps to my 'AW2 Ember Hack'.  So I've not had chance to work on the translation hack.  Blame Advance Wars 2. Razz

First off, well done.  I can't believe you translated 41/52!  Keep it up.  What I do need to do is update the animé titles.  I'll get that done tonight or tomorrow. 

Next week I will be teaching myself how to ASM hack and hopefully figure out how to get width font in.  I have a feeling we might have to stick to a half width but I'll do my best to get a VWF.  If not, a half width font will do. Smile  Once that has been figured out, we will need to contact Perfect_Guy (or what ever he is called now) and get him to update the Transition Model. 

Now I'm off to update.  Whoooop!

EDIT:

Chapter 38: A Red Flower for Falcon

Jody and Dr. Stewart are researching Jody's brother, Andy Stewart.  Andy's
data suddenly disappears from the Galactic Police files, and no one knows
why.

Jody visits Falcon House at Clank's invitation.  The caretaker of the
house, Burt Reming, looks so much like Andy that Jody is shocked, but Burt
insists that he's not connected, and Jody is unable to get any information.

Emm, wasn't Captian Falcon's real name 'Bart', not 'Burt'?   Plus shouldn't Jody's brother be called 'Andy Summer', not 'Andy Stewart'? 

Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
Radio Shadow, I haven't played any of the English editions of the games.  They don't sell them over here, and I can't be bothered to go out of my way to buy them when the important content is the same in both versions.  So I appreciate any comments or help you and others can offer about correct names for people and the like.  (And it is Andy Summer, of course; sime brain fart.)

Time to get to the end of this story!  Two big pushes and we'll be done  Boost fire!!

Chapter 42: Don Genie's Castle

Ryu is flabbergasted that bar master Bart is actually Captain Falcon, and that Andy is Jody Summer's brother.  In the race immediately following, the cold-hearted weapons deal Don Genie is to take center stage.

A mysterious masked pilot called Berserker appears in this race, in the employ of Don Genie.  Clank thinks that Berserker is actually Falcon, but as he tries to investigate, Ryu stops him.  Falcon had fallen into a dark hold from which there was no return.

But Clank refuses to listen and chases after Berserker.  Don Genie catches him, and Berserker, who Clank insists is Falcon, doesn't come to the rescue.

Ryu and his friends are forced into a Death Race at Don Genie's base in order to recover the hostage Clank.  The race, however, ends with Berserker as the victor.

Samurai Goroh comes to the rescue and Clank is saved.  They escape Don Genie's base, but Berserker's true identity is still a mystery.

Chapter 43: Awakening

Zoda and Miss Killer are rivals for the position of Black Shadow's successor as the leader of Dark Million.  In order to get Miss Killer out of the way, he begins telling his underlings that she is in fact Ryu's beloved Haruka.  Miss Killer vows to dispel that rumor by disposing of Ryu herself.

Ryu is unsure as to whether Miss Killer is Haruka, and in the next race the two of them are in a dead heat.  Miss Killer swerves off the course, and Ryu, following her, is caught and sent to Dark Million's hideout.

To prove that she isn't Haruka, Miss Killer tortures Ryu intensely right in front of the other members of Dark Million.  But just then, her memory returns.  Realizing that she is indeed Haruka, she secretly helps an unknowing Ryu to escape Dark Million's base.

Zoda balmes Miss Killer for Ryu's escape and assumes the Dark Million throne for himself.  But then Black Shadow, who was still alive, returns!

Several days later, Ryu goes to his and Haruka's favorite spot, and bumps into Miss Killer.  He knows her only as an enemy, though, and the two of them pass by without a word.

Chapter 44: Black Shadow's Trap

Miss Killer has recovered her memory as Haruka.  But if anyone finds out about that, her life will be forfeit -- she must keep up her role as the cold Miss Killer. 

Nervous, she approaches Ryu's room.  He is away, but she finds his diary from 150 years ago, and a diamond ring.  Watching from in hiding, she sees Ryu talking happily with Lucy and Jack, and realizes that he lives in a different world now. 

Ryu and Zoda are in a two-man race.  They're neck-and-neck in an intense battle.  As this is going on, Black Shadow calls Miss Killer to the Dark Million base to perform an experiment.  She knows that this will put Ryu in danger, but has no choice but to participate.

As the experiment begins, Ryu and Zoda's reactormite starts to go berserk.  The intense power makes the circuit start to collapse, but the two racers are able to escape.

That night, Miss Killer appears in front of Ryu.  "I am Miss Killer... not Haruka!" she shouts, throwing the ring back at him.

Chapter 45: Zoda

Deliverymen Roger and Draq are attacked and captured by Zoda.  Unbeknownst to them, Roger was carrying a cargo ordered by Black Shadow.  He hadn't told Zoda about it either.  Zoda, thinking that he might be able to find Black Shadow's weak point, travels to Shadow's base on the planet Lightning, the destination for the cargo.

Zoda is able to get into the Lightning base, but his plan is discovered by Black Shadow, who appears in front of him.  Zoda and Ryu discover why this base was created:here, biotechnology research is done, and this is where Zoda was created.  Black Shadow created him and sent him into the past to destroy Ryu.  Zoda is aghast at this truth -- that Black Shadow created him.  But he laughs and vows to surpass his maker.

Chapter 46: The Man of Legend

"Why was I revived in the year 2201?" wonders Ryu.

Jody and Dr. Stewart explain the "Falcon Legend" to him -- the long history of Black Shadow's plans to conquer the galaxy and Captain Falcon's battles with him.  Captain Falcon alone couldn't bring peace to the galaxy, and the evil force remained in power.  To defeat this, a powerful "savior" was needed.  This savior was Ryu Suzaku.

Just then, Zoda arrived on the planet Tankar, where Captain Falcon and Blood Falcon had disappeared, looking for Blood Falcon's reactormite.

Black Shadow discovers Zoda's secret movements.  But why is he after the reactormite?  Miss Killer asks this to Shadow, who tells her of his past battles.  All the incidents and crashes that have happened were caused by Black Shadow in efforts to amplify the power of the reactormite.

Ryu and friends drive Zoda away from Tankar, but the fight is not yet finished.  Ryu knows his destiny, and vows to defeat Black Shadow.

Chapter 47: Fate

Ryu knows that he is to be the savior of the galaxy, and begins special training.  A special invitation comes from the F-ZERO Committee.  It's a match race with Black Shadow.  Ryu knows how difficult it will be, but agrees.  Jack, Jody, and the other Patrol members vow to back Ryu up as they send him to the starting line.

Black Shadow's strong bumps push the Dragon Bird off the course.  He is taken to the F-ZERO Committee's planet.  Waiting there for him are Black Shadow, Don Genie, and the Committee Representative, Deathborn.  The Committee has already been taken over by Dark Million.

Black Shadow and his minions erase Ryu's memory and try to use the reactormite to make him one of them.  Ryu hears Jack calling out to him from deep in his subconscious.  Realizing that he's not fighting alone, he resists the brainwashing technique.  Black Shadow refuses to let him go.  Then, Berserker appears.

Berserker was Captain Falcon!  He had infiltrated the F-ZERO Committee to find out what was going on.  Together Ryu and Falcon escape the Committee.
BPA
Staff Ghost
Awesomeness :)
Reply to this Post
RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I really hope Herian finshes this.  Smile

akadewboy
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Any news? or is the hack at a standstill?

akadewboy
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Hein are you going to finish the translation? I really want to know what happens at the end of the story, but you never translated Chapter 48, 49, 50, and 51.

Index » F-Zero Climax » More story translations Goto page Previous  1, 2