F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » The Future of F-Zero Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
LeadfootX1
Golden Fox
The Future of F-Zero
Reply to this Post

Because Climax is the "latest" F-Zero game and there is no general F-Zero forum, I decided that I would post this here.

I'm thinking that there will be 2 games for the wii, one based off F-Zero GX avalible on disk, and a true 3d version of MV. For titles, I'm guessing F-Zero WX and F-Zero MXV: Second Climax.

I am also guessing that there will be a 3d Mode 7 style F-Zero game for the DS. Probably F-Zero DX: GPL 2 or F-Zero DX: Climax 2 (or Climax in the US).

samurai goroh
Fat Shark
There IS a general forum
Reply to this Post

General Forum

If there's another F-zero game, I hope it will be similar to X, or at least not like GX...

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Re: There IS a general forum
Reply to this Post

i hope it will be totally unique and not like any of the other F-Zero games.

uhd
Blood Hawk
Re: The Future of F-Zero
Reply to this Post

I have a friend from 2011 and I asked him about this. He said no new F-zero game has been released since F-zero Wii which was a commercial flop.

However, my friend from 2039 says they are planning a new F-zero game for the N64 called F-zero XX.

btw not lying

F-zero MV World Champion
1863-2217
LeadfootX1
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post

Yea... Right. It's still 2008, and as far as we know, Time travel is not posible. Besides, F-Zero will always live on, as long as there is a fan base. (Unless Nintendo makes a stupid move like they did for mario kart, which killed that sub-franchise.(Like letting the cpu cheat.(I get baraged almost all the time with those blue shells, and the cpu keeps 'em coming.)))

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post
LeadfootX1 wrote:

(Unless Nintendo makes a stupid move like they did for mario kart, which killed that sub-franchise.(Like letting the cpu cheat.(I get baraged almost all the time with those blue shells, and the cpu keeps 'em coming.)))

does not compute

that series is more alive than ever now. MKDS is the best selling mario kart in the world now. MKW is on track to be #2 behind it. also, the cpu has cheated since the very beginning in the SNES version (cpu uses unobtainable items. how more unfair can you go?)

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post
UchihaSasuke wrote:
LeadfootX1 wrote:

(Unless Nintendo makes a stupid move like they did for mario kart, which killed that sub-franchise.(Like letting the cpu cheat.(I get baraged almost all the time with those blue shells, and the cpu keeps 'em coming.)))

does not compute

that series is more alive than ever now. MKDS is the best selling mario kart in the world now. MKW is on track to be #2 behind it. also, the cpu has cheated since the very beginning in the SNES version (cpu uses unobtainable items. how more unfair can you go?)

Not that unfair - the CPU doesn't use mushrooms, feathers, lightnings, red shells that you can use; only specific character CPUs get to use stuff like greens (Koopa Troopa) and bananas (DK), with Mario/Luigi being the only CPUs to be able to use stars. Compared with, say, MKSC, where everybody can use any item (being in first place is hell: triple ghosted + double lightning'd + red shelled), it's very calm. That said, lapping them can be a pain, but if you're having to lap guys in a GP race you're not really having any problems lol.

LeadfootX1
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post
BPA wrote:
UchihaSasuke wrote:
LeadfootX1 wrote:

does not compute

Not that unfair - the CPU doesn't use mushrooms, feathers, lightnings, red shells that you can use; only specific character CPUs get to use stuff like greens (Koopa Troopa) and bananas (DK), with Mario/Luigi being the only CPUs to be able to use stars. Compared with, say, MKSC, where everybody can use any item (being in first place is hell: triple ghosted + double lightning'd + red shelled), it's very calm. That said, lapping them can be a pain, but if you're having to lap guys in a GP race you're not really having any problems lol.

Still, It's a low point in the Mario Kart series. I think that they should make F-Zero for the wii if they make it better then the previous game. I would not acccept anything but the best for F-Zero, and I would want to see the ATI graphics card almost MAXED OUT by the game so that nintendo would start using Nvidea GeForce graphics cards. I would also want to see an MV sequal designed like F-Zero X.

Copernicus
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

LeadfootX1, what do you mean by an MV sequal designed like X?  Those seem pretty opposed styles, in my opinion.  Do you mean having different boost abilities for each vehicle, or lap controled boosting as opposed to power control boosting?  I would find it interesting if they tried to make a 3D F-Zero that played more like the 2D games, having a simplified engine, lap controled boosting, and 5 laps instead of 3.  It might be nice to see the MV vehicles again.

LeadfootX1
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post
Copernicus wrote:

LeadfootX1, what do you mean by an MV sequal designed like X?  Those seem pretty opposed styles, in my opinion.  Do you mean having different boost abilities for each vehicle, or lap controled boosting as opposed to power control boosting?  I would find it interesting if they tried to make a 3D F-Zero that played more like the 2D games, having a simplified engine, lap controled boosting, and 5 laps instead of 3.  It might be nice to see the MV vehicles again.

I am saying that there should be a game that plays like X in most ways, but with the boosting system and cars of MV.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post
BPA wrote:
UchihaSasuke wrote:
LeadfootX1 wrote:

does not compute

my point is that the CPU has never been fair in the MK series. it just happens to get worse with every game.

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

I was only replying to your point about being SMK's CPU being as 'unfair as you can go', to which it really isn't.

JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

I gonna say this as short as I can, so you understand why I, a fan of the serie since I've been 5, that's 16 years for me, I'll explain why I don't want what you are implying.

First lets go back in time, the very very first F-zero. We all remember that game, right? then we bought the N64 version, what did blow our mind away at first? Indeed, Added modes, added charcters, added techs, new handling, new engine, everything was mind blowing. I didn't buy MV, but I would think that people reacted like this: Omg, New cars, new characters, Like f-zero but new techs, almost totaly new gameplay! Those that hasn't gotten the point I'm trying to prove yet, are idiots, so just in case I'll explain more.

Then we got GX, Why did this blow our mind? Well maybe first of new modes yet again, excellent new speeds to reach, and even though snaking is consider a bug, it might aswell been ment, because, that gave us players more choices of how to play it, also new. New characters, you get to know the main character a bit deeper without watching that childish cartoon. And then we got GPL, This game was alot different also, new characters, Yet again, New modes kinda, or atleast improved story mode. Kinda like MV, but still alot different cause they added extra boosts,  then the zero tests, so this was new also. CX I haven't bought, but what got me about this game was that it felt alot differense then GPL in many ways, new modes, new boosting system, etc etc.

So you see my point? What I want is they to continue in this way, I don't care if they blow it in the long term, I just want my brain blown away of the suprises they have for us gamers. Don't give me anything like the previus, give me something as new as the others games has been, give me something that will make me longing for the game, making me drowl, making me satified. I can wait 10 years, as long as they blow my head away. 

Well that's all, hope you all understand why I, a fan that has loved this serie for more than 3/4 of his life.

Old and tired... ;p
LeadfootX1
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post

I agree, Jk. But if they kept making the F-Zero series more and more revolutionary by playstyle, then they might make a critical mistake. Other then with playstyle, they should make F-Zero as new as posible.

"I warn you that if you challenge me then you will be in serous pain for a very long time..."
Famous last words of the one man that faced Deathborn before Captain Falcon.
JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

Playstyle  almost sounds like you mean they will turn it into fighting game, wich could be cool btw xD but as long as they improve the driving, and try new things, I won't be disepointed. Only thing that will make me disepointed if they add like 100 tracks. that might be fun for the casual player, not for the people who try and set times. I might be a little disepointed if they make another gpl/cx kind of like game.

Old and tired... ;p
LeadfootX1
Golden Fox
Re: The Future of F-Zero (and the past if you want)
Reply to this Post

Well, I am a Brawl fan, so don't be surprised if I use fighting game terms, but I did not mean that they will make it a fighting game. I was simply stating that I liked how X drove, and it would be cool to see more F-Zero games that drove like X, even though they could still add more techs, modes and machines (except for something like Dai San Gren, which I think just made fun of their racing number ) I would also like to see a sequel to MV, either on a disk or Wiiware. Besides, MV is more of a sequel then X to BS F-Zero GP2.

"I warn you that if you challenge me then you will be in serous pain for a very long time..."
JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

Yet, you must see, F-zero for snes, had kind of a sequel, bs f-zero or what's it's called, only aviable in japan, GPL has an pretty much copy in gameplay, cx, only released in Japan, see pattern? no please, lets just hope they make a good game with new style in the driving so it atleast makes it to europe ;)

Old and tired... ;p
LeadfootX1
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post

I'm hoping for it to reach the US

JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

Then don't hope on what you want, a sequel, wouldn't reach outside JP if the pattern follows, and so far it has.

Old and tired... ;p
LeadfootX1
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post
JkLoser wrote:

Then don't hope on what you want, a sequel, wouldn't reach outside JP if the pattern follows, and so far it has.

Well, anything could happen...

Index » FZC General Forum » The Future of F-Zero Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next