Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GP Legend Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GP Legend » Rail Phasing
Copernicus
Blood Hawk
Rail Phasing
Reply to this Post

I haven't been active in a while, so I decided to make some videos of GPL bugs.  GPL has a bunch of bugs, most of them useless, some atleast interesting.  The following bug might be useful for something.  I'm not the best at sliders so I haven't been able to implement this effectively in a normal run.

The bug in question I call rail phasing.  It allows a vehicle to phase through a rail.  I've only gotten this to work on two tracks, Red Canyon Junction 1 and 2.  The bug works on the median by the pit area.  How rail phasing works is that rails can only detect collisions from certain angles, and by sliding into the rail it's possible to trick the rail.  During a drift a vehicle eventually moves in a somewhat straight path instead of turning.  The point at which it switches from turning to moving straighter I'll call the sweet spot.  To rail phase the vehicle has to come in contact with the rail at the sweet spot, then turn abruptly into the rail.

A Red Canyon Junction 1 video is available here:

http://img21.imageshack.us/i/fzgplrcj1rp.mp4/

A Red Canyon Junction 2 video is available here:

http://img42.imageshack.us/i/fzgplrcj2rp.mp4/

How useful this bug is I'm not sure.  I was hoping the players with the best Red Canyon Junction course times could try implementing it and seeing if it can produce a tighter strat.

CKeegan
Black Bull
Re: Rail Phasing
Reply to this Post

Looks like you can get through the rail...

Someone might be able to use it in a way that they're able to cut through the track or drive through the rail so there's no need for tight cornering.
I think it'd be best for Zero Test courses.

Index » F-Zero GP Legend » Rail Phasing