Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GP Legend Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GP Legend » Lap Inversion
Copernicus
Blood Hawk
Lap Inversion
Reply to this Post

Some people have been complaining about video evidence recently.  I haven't made a video in a while, although I said I would.  So here's that video for lap inversion:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2707/t9a.mp4

As you can notice, using LVTT while going backwards won't register two laps.  Sometimes it won't even register a lap.  But when it does you can turn backwards laps into forwards laps.  I tried for three minutes to perform lap inversion during the final lap without success, and resorted to doing a forwards lap.  I edited that segment out of the video so you wouldn't have to wait to see the backward lap times set using lap inversion.

So what do you think?  Should lap inversion be banned like LVTT?  Lap Inversion makes Lightning Volute 2 the same as Port Town Forked Roads and Sand ocean Caterpillars, so I think it could be legal for competition.  If we would allow it on Mute City Expansion Parks is another issue.  I still haven't successfully used lap inversion there.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Re: Lap Inversion
Reply to this Post

wow i had no idea this was possible.

i'd say let's Ban it since we're on time and you're not supposed to do laps backwards.

btw, what was LVTT? i forgot.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Copernicus
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

LVTT is Lightning Volute Two Technique.  That's what I call the ability to get two laps at the same time by crossing an air goal and then the ground goal.  It works on Lightning Volute 2 and the Mute City Expansion Parks.  LVTT is banned because a second lap is registered without having to go around the track.

I didn't know times set while going backwards are banned.  Of course, not the entire lap is done backwards (the goal still has to be crossed while going forwards).  Incase you don't know, some other strats I've come up with in Climax involve going backwards for periods of time.   Such as Port Town Great Wings.  Both RichardTaro and myself have submitted times using that strat.  Here is the video of that:

img531.imageshack.us/my.php

How much backwards counts as a backwards lap?  My copernicut for Big Blue Twin Course requires a little going backwards:

img532.imageshack.us/my.php

RichardTaro and Westu have both used that strat.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

if you go backwards just a bit, it is no problem since it is a valid strat.

going backwards all the way with the glitch is what shouldn't be allowed.

thanks for refreshing my memory on LVTT.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Copernicus
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

I edited the rules to indicate that backwards-lapping is banned.  It's really too bad, though.  Lightning Volute Two is one of the most annoying tracks in the game, and lap inversion makes it much more manageable.

Index » F-Zero GP Legend » Lap Inversion