F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
MV Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero MV » Another old gamer here!
Mr_Drayton
Dragon Bird
Another old gamer here!
Reply to this Post

I already made a post in the "Introduce Yourself" topic, but I would like to write here too.

I have MV until 2001, so it's ten years now. And in all this time I have the game, I think I played it for about 7-8 years. Very Happy
I'm so attached to my MV game that I never sold it, even after I gave away my GBA SP and all my other cartridges!

Recently my passion for F-Zero grew enough to bring me to play MV again (also because I bought an used GPA SP some time ago for just 8$). I also bought GPL and Climax on eBay (they should arrive soon), so I think I'm going to try to reach some records here...

In the meantime, I'll put my MV times on the ladder, just to have a complete profile, and to earn something like the latest position possible... I never played MV to beat times! Very Happy

BPA
Staff Ghost
Re: Another old gamer here!
Reply to this Post

Welcome Danjel!

Always great to see a new face around who likes F-Zero. It's rare to get people still into Maximum Velocity after all these years, but it's good that you do Smile

"Lucifer! Punish your enemies, oh lord of the night, destroy them all!"
Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

welcome =)

Mr_Drayton
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Thanks for your welcome!

Just one thing: what are those "Splits" in the ladder? I really don't know how to fill those white spaces. :S

EDIT: hahahah, my SRPR: 398... XD
Sure I'm the slowest one in this site. But consider that I have only 2 times recorded in the Rankings screen on tracks like Fire Field - Warrior: the other 8 places of the Top 10 are still empty.

I'll explain it. Some time ago, my cartridge lost all of my save data (probably the internal battery ran out of juice, because I haven't played it for a long time), so I had to restart MV from the very beginning. I did it only to complete the game 100% again, but I never ran twice the same course. I just wanted to finish the game like I did many years ago. But now I guess it's time to improve my drving skills... Very Happy

Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

Welcome! 

Splits are just the 5 laps that make up your course record. You don't have to include them, they're just there for people who like to keep track of these things.

Mr_Drayton
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
BenB17 wrote:

Welcome! 

Splits are just the 5 laps that make up your course record. You don't have to include them, they're just there for people who like to keep track of these things.

Ah, perfect, I imagined something like this. Thank you! Smile

I took a look at the official MV ladder today, and I noticed I'm in the list with a SRPR score of 7676 (I'm 257th out of 340, incredible haha). Still it's different from the SRPR under my avatar (only 398). What's the difference?

Sorry for all the questions! ^_^

Copernicus
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

The individual ladders for each game list your AF and SRPR only for that game ladder.  The SRPR and AF in your avatar are from the championship ladder.  The championship ladder judges a player's performance across all the time attack ladders from all games.

uhd
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

A new player makes all those hours I spent getting good at this game seem like slightly less of a waste.

F-zero MV World Champion
1863-2217
   Index » F-Zero MV » Another old gamer here!