Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Sep.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Climax Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero Climax » What good is "Boost Fire\Black Fire"?
Fusion
Mr. EAD
What good is "Boost Fire\Black Fire"?
Reply to this Post

All I've seen of it is that it's a nightmare for grip machines, and consumes even more boost for less payoff.

If there's supposed to be something good about it, can somebody help me out here?

envane
Mr. EAD
Re: What good is "Boost Fire\Black Fire"?
Reply to this Post

For that matter, can someone explain what the heck all those boost settings do and if they will help you set better times.

Copernicus
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

I'll describe the throttles and the boosters.

buusutaa = booster.  This is a regular boost, with normal length and speed.

rongu buusutaa = long booster.  This boost is slightly longer than the normal boost, but gains less speed.

buusuto faiaa = Boost Fire.  This boost is the shortest, but gains the most speed.

rokesuta akuseru = Rocket Start Accelerator.  This throttle has decreased max speed, but gets automatic rocket starts, and has the fastest acceleration.

buusuto akuseru =  Boost Accelerator.  This throttle has increased max speed, but doesn't accelerate as fast.

akuseru = Accelerator.  This is the regular throttle, with normal max speed and acceleration.

A lot of players use the Rocket Start Accelerator because it makes getting rocket starts easier.  Theoretically superior times can be set using the Boost Accelerator.  I use the booster because the other boosters don't seem as efficient.  It's also possible to obuse Climax's control scheme in that you can equip multiple throttles and boosts.  I personally use dual throttles: the Rocket Start Accelerator and the Boost Accelerator.  I have Rocket Start Accelerator set to "up" and Boost Accelerator set to "A."  I use the Rocket Start Accelerator to get an automatic rocket start then immediately switch over to the boost accelerator.

envane
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Thanks for the info! 

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

lol i didn't have any idea about this. no wonder my times are so bad.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Westu
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

I think i have that normal accelerator too o_O

"GX sucks big balls" -BPA
"anyhow westu's FF time is godly i don't think any player will ever beat it" -JKT.... touch� Neutral
"non-f-zero games, Yugioh, MV" -JkL
"The Westu" -Sherif
"You are the only player i fear when you play" -Daniel
abdulmuhsee
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

So, how exactly do you change your booster type?  Does it have to do with the "Type 1" - "Type 4" it shows you before a race?  Those seem to change the keys.

XaikuTheMaverickHunter
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post

Yes, it does. That's why the customization screen is there to begin with (I apologize for sounding like a smart-aleck there, really). And Fusion, the actual "Boost Fire" technique is there to promote the fact that, in the GP Legend anime's second season, the Boost Fire is one of the pivital plot points in the story (After all, it actually WAS the "Reactor Mights" that allowed the main characters, both heroes (Falcon and Ryu/Rick) and villians (Black Shadow, Blood Falcon, etc.), to execute the boost-enpowered spin attack in the first place).

Index » F-Zero Climax » What good is "Boost Fire\Black Fire"?