F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X proof policy regarding world records Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Any new world record set for either F-Zero, F-Zero X or F-Zero GX needs to have video proof
I agree
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
I do not agree
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

WMJ
Staff Ghost
Re: F-Zero X proof policy regarding world records
Reply to this Post
FunStyle wrote:

Let's reawake this topic a bit. It's now over 2 Years ago since we got this rule.That i was the reson for this rule, everyone knows.It's just about Wouter atm,i would write him on MSN bur for some reason it's not possible. And i don't want to say that's about skill that i think there was a game just against me of the complete MFO staff. I checked the Records page and saw that Daniel got an DF1 lap World record on 31th July. I mean it's not about his skill or sth,but he did not tell me about it and so i just got to know about it cause i checked. And Tim told me a few months ago that Wouter edits the records page.Interesting...The most important rule for you is that you get vids from new World Records.And then something like that? Nice game,nice. I mean i ever knew that it all was about me,but now i have the proof for it.I already wondered why my MC1 is on the chart since i just came up with a video of my records page.And why is that Proof policy just in X ? - I mean in SNES you need a video of course,otherwise really noone truts you,even if you are the best player in the world.But why is there for example no proof policy in GX? I know why: Im not active and good enough for WRs there.And there are also several people who don't come up with Videos.There is no records chart,but that doesnt mean that the best time is a WR right?

I really would like to have a response,you also can make everything clear.( Of course i copy my post,cause maybe it gets deleted once again)

I asked Tim to reply to this because I don't want to be dragged into yet another argument with you but as he still hasn't replied I'll just post a response. This site does not revolve around you, claiming so is nothing short of ridiculous. This rule resulted from a public vote with a clear result like it should have been in a community based website so that it is "just about Wouter" is something I don't understand. I see you in MSN a lot of times but you have not made any attempt to talk to me there. Additionally to not having much time to spend on F-Zero at all these days and visit this site, I also don't update the WR charts and never have, but big props to the updater because he's doing a great job! Daniel is one of the most trusted players around and he's proven his skill at two live meetings and in lots of videos. You certainly shouldn't complain if any of his times don't have a video available right away as your MC1 is on the charts without a video. Bottom line, you know the staff request (not my personal request but I do agree with it) for proof of your SNES times (not F-Zero X) from a year ago. If you refuse to comply to that I can't help you. I have a good memory to just waiting a year and starting another drama isn't going to get your times back on the site. I personally really really don't understand your problem and it seems so easy to me to make a short proof video, especially since you obviously care a lot about the series. Next time you have a problem write to some staff members here and not post a random message directed to me. I really don't like to fight with you over this, I highly doubt it will resolve to anything unless you just record the damn proof video of your NTSC F-Zero times (scrolling proof and a live skill demo) and I don't have time for this.

FunStyle
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
WMJ wrote:

I asked Tim to reply to this because I don't want to be dragged into yet another argument with you but as he still hasn't replied I'll just post a response. This site does not revolve around you, claiming so is nothing short of ridiculous. This rule resulted from a public vote with a clear result like it should have been in a community based website so that it is "just about Wouter" is something I don't understand. I see you in MSN a lot of times but you have not made any attempt to talk to me there. Additionally to not having much time to spend on F-Zero at all these days and visit this site, I also don't update the WR charts and never have, but big props to the updater because he's doing a great job! Daniel is one of the most trusted players around and he's proven his skill at two live meetings and in lots of videos. You certainly shouldn't complain if any of his times don't have a video available right away as your MC1 is on the charts without a video. Bottom line, you know the staff request (not my personal request but I do agree with it) for proof of your SNES times (not F-Zero X) from a year ago. If you refuse to comply to that I can't help you. I have a good memory to just waiting a year and starting another drama isn't going to get your times back on the site. I personally really really don't understand your problem and it seems so easy to me to make a short proof video, especially since you obviously care a lot about the series. Next time you have a problem write to some staff members here and not post a random message directed to me. I really don't like to fight with you over this, I highly doubt it will resolve to anything unless you just record the damn proof video of your NTSC F-Zero times (scrolling proof and a live skill demo) and I don't have time for this.

Yeah sorry that Tim told me that you update the chart,and also sorry that MSN says you are not on my list and i cant add you or write a message to you.

Thats unfair to say.I also trust Dans Records,i also wrote that there,but you can't say he doesnt need to make a video since here is that rule for EVERYONE and i seem to be the only one who has to do that.It's not my fault that my MC1 is in the chart and so i asked Tim.He answered that you update the chart.If thats not correct its also not my fault. And im not here to mess around with you about my SNES times again.since this rule is for X,GX and SNES,am i right?-Well maybe we will have someone soon who cares about the non-existance of GX WR videos Wink

The Legend never dies-
astro
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Generally, not having videos destroys any competitive community (I found my way here through videos). The fact is, that video proof is required for *every* single WR, which is a good. Everyone has to follow the rules, but they aren't enforced equally in all games. And that's what really ...annoys me, especially regarding GX Snaking. I care about that game, but I seem to stand alone with that attitude. The lack of proof totally killed the last bit of competition there - BattleStream hasn't submitted anything new in almost a year now. I mean....there is no excuse for not having a video in GX...(quality shouldnt be an issue when submitting a video, we're not SDA)... It's different in the other games....you may be too lazy to switch on your pc+grabber/set up your camera, because you just plan on playing like 30minutes or so....then you start playing and get a new PR(/WR loldaniel :D).... in case of a WR that shouldnt happen. But it does, and in my opionion it should be tolerated to some extent, but ~90%(maybe a too high percentage? but better too high than too low) of a player's WR should have *video* proof.... posting a pic with splits/total when a vid is missing is standard. The GBA games are again a different story, if you don't play using a Gameboy Player..... but this poll/thread is about SNES/X/GX.

tl;dr: X is fine. SNES can be fine. Noone except me cares about GX(snaking).

k :(

edit: lol didnt notice Fun's post....haha spent almost an hour on that little text i wrote xD

<Svenne> is walter jensen here?

(formerly known as elfe on MFO)
Copernicus
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

People are still getting into arguments over video proof, so I was wondering if we should have an even stricter policy.  One example would be:

"You can only acknowledge the existence of your new world record on this website after video proof becomes publically available."

Right now people are putting up their new world records and then saying, "I'll get the video up eventually," which could be weeks later.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or kill the competition.  I'd just rather watch world record videos than people arguing in the forums.

Visit my personal website: http://www.nicusprops.com
Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

The last couple of world record videos I've seen recently have nearly all had custom music put over the top of them. In my opinion this is rather lame and there should be something in the rules against doing this.

The sound is very important, as Edward demonstrated recently with the Wii U version of F-Zero. Without the original sound, it makes it that much harder to spot a fake record.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Yeah definitely agree game audio should be used, just makes sense.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

plus, game audio lowers the chance of the videos going down due to copyright infringement.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
   Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X proof policy regarding world records Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3