F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
MV Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero MV » New type of shortcut in F-Zero MV?
Peutos
Fire Stingray
New type of shortcut in F-Zero MV?
Reply to this Post

Some days ago i said to Tim that is possible to do a very strange shortcut on Queen Final with the Jet Vermillion, i thought that it was only a curiosity but Tim was intrested, so i made a video... Yesterday i tried also with the Wind Walker and i could to do it, i hope it can bring some advantages!

TBK
Janitor
Re: New type of shortcut in F-Zero MV?
Reply to this Post

I've tried this too and it seems that while the machine is hovering over the lava you have no control over it. That will make it hard to get anywhere back near the line. While I'm still curious what's possible with this glitch I don't really wanna see my flap beaten with it...

Peutos
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post
tbk wrote:

While I'm still curious what's possible with this glitch I don't really wanna see my flap beaten with it...

Yes it would be against the skill of the pilot... But i don't know if it can be an advantage, with the WW you can drift and turn more than with the jv but i noted that the car goes toward the finish line but almost immediately it bump against a sort of invisible wall over the guard rail, than the car go straight though it is put on side... It is strange Smile 

Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

Please don't destroy such a great game. Sad

Kaynce
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I have had this phenomenom happen to me on Q2 and what ever it is... it drifted me over lots of lava and sections of track until i finally stopped drifting after 5 seconds.

I tried posting it but I dont think anyone understood what I ment or had never had this happen. I forgot about it. I could never reduplicate it and so let it go.

Are you watching closely?
Peutos
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post
Kaynce wrote:

I have had this phenomenom happen to me on Q2 and what ever it is... 

I've had this on B2 into the "circle" (after the second curve when you can choose to go left or right) but i had the Fighting Comet and i never could to do it another time...

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

that looks so weird.

hopefully it doesn't lead anywhere. this is the last game in the series without a game breaking glitch.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
SpeedMcJonJon
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Prepare for a wall of text!

So I was going to practice B3 today for a little bit, but on my very first lap of the day, this same glitch happened to me, through the last divider. I tried to duplicate it, and eventually I was able to do so, and I realized what exactly is happening here (well, maybe just a hypothesis for now): when you bump a wall, it pushes you away from itself, and usually forward along the track (but the push away from the wall is most important here). And it seems like the way the wall bump works is that the game keeps track of where you first touched the electricity along the wall, and bumps you away according to that if and when you do actually touch the wall. So the reason the clip through the wall works, at least in my case on B3 on all 3 of the dividers, Ettore's case on B2 in the octagon divider (I actually tried the clip out here to see if I could replicate it to prove my hypothesis), and a few other tracks I tried, is that the game bumps you the wrong way essentially, INTO the wall, allowing you to phase through. So here are the tracks I've tried and succeeded this wall clip on: P3, K2, K4, KF, B2, B3, and QF (performed just like in Ettore's video). And I'm sure that the clip can work on Q2 as Kaynce said, I just wasn't able to perform it. But notice what all these tracks, with the exception of Q2 and QF, have in common: They all have dividers, or the track splits into 2 directions. This is where I performed the clip on each of them.

So let me tell you all how to replicate it. The easiest place to replicate this clip is on B3 in my opinion, and two of the dividers have health right next to them, so it's easy to try over and over; so I will tell how to do the clip here. Any machine will work, so pick whichever one you want. Now first, drive straight to the first divider, and sit right in front of it. Now, drive into the electricity on the right side of the divider (it works either way, just go to the right for now for simplicity), but don't touch the wall, it'll push you over to the right (away from the wall) if you do. Now, while staying in the electricity, make your way over to the left side of the divider, making sure to not bump the wall, and making sure to not leave the electricity before you get there. Now simply drive into the left side of the divider, and that right wall bump you "stored" just now should push you through the wall on the left side of the divider.

Here's an interesting thing though: you can still clip through a wall even if you don't stay on the electricity the whole time, such as in Ettore's video on QF, and as what happened to me the very first time I performed the clip on accident in B3. I'm not exactly sure how to replicate that, so maybe I'll mess around some more on B3.

Now I'm not entirely sure about the wall clip on QF, but I was able to do the same thing as in the video to replicate it. But then I also tried to do the clip again, this time without that wall bump before driving backwards into the mines, and it still worked. So what I'm thinking is that maybe the lava created by the mines also acts like the wall electricity, which means that perhaps a wall bump can be "stored" when you touch the lava too (the more I think about it though, the more I think this is not the case). And perhaps hitting a jump pad, and staying in the air also keeps the wall bump stored. Or maybe the clips in Q2 (still need to give this track a decent try) and in QF has to just do with how jump pads themselves work, I'm not sure. The thing about all of these clips though is that I don't think any of them are very useful, if at all. So I don't think this will break the game, just some fun glitches to mess around with, hehe.

Thank you all for reading, and sorry if I'm not very clear on anything Smile

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Those are some interesting finds there Andrew!

I made a little video of the B3 clip so people can see it in action:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate it on other tracks so far. I'm also relieved that those clips are rather useless when it comes to setting fast times. If you somehow manage to figure out how to clip through walls directly then so be it hehe.

SpeedMcJonJon
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hehe, nice video. Well, I was thinking more about it, and after trying to clip through continuous walls (mainly around hairpin turns, which seemed like it'd be easiest) and failing, I realized that a better explanation for the clips I found is that it works because you stay in the electricity while changing walls. I noticed that on each of the tracks I mentioned before, that it seems like the dividers or track splits are composed of two different walls, a right and a left one.I feel like the direction of the bump while in the electricity is updated the whole time, so if you hug a single wall along a whole track, you'd still bounce normally no matter where you decide to touch the wall. But once you move to a different wall, I think that the wall bump direction (the direction you would be pushed if you touched the wall, right before the wall switch) is indeed stored the whole time you remain in the electricity of this second wall, until you reach the original wall again, at which point you bump normally again (tested this on the octagon in B2).

As for the Q2 and QF clips, I'm still not sure how it works there. It's fairly easy to do that QF wall clip, and I've even done it with just regular boost, no touching of walls or mines right before doing the jump (so those aren't the cause). So my only guess is that somehow the game thinks you're still in the air when you land and then you hit the wall immediately after, so you glide over the wall (and remain in the air until you reach land again). I tried doing this in other spots, and also with the other jump pad and on other tracks too, but I can't seem to duplicate the gliding. So who knows??? Anyway, I think it's time for me to start playing normally again, hehe.

Index » F-Zero MV » New type of shortcut in F-Zero MV?