Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Climax Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero Climax » Translation project revival
Normmatt
Mr. EAD
Translation project revival
Reply to this Post

I took a quick look at the game yestoday and managed to make the game except 1 byte ASCII characters aswell as implement a 95% functional VWF for the story line screen. If anyone has a save file with everything unlocked can you please post it so I can look at finishing up the main hacking work and start inserting the text and graphics from the previous translation patch.

Here is a screenshot of the VWF in action using the games default ASCII english font. (You will notice the spacing issues between some characters this is because for the game to draw characters correctly they have to be aligned on a 2 pixel boundary).

EDIT: Heres what it looks like with more of the text translated and with the small a character lowered one pixel to fit the sizes of lowercase c,i,m,o,r,.......

samurai goroh
Fat Shark
save file ;)
Reply to this Post

I uploaded a save file. I don't remember who created, so I can't give the credits to that person...

https://sites.google.com/site/samuraigoroh/downloads/F-zeroClimax%28J%29.sav
sites.google.com/site/samuraigoroh/downloads/F-zeroClimax%28J%291.sgm

As for posting links, you can follow the instructions mentioned here:
http://www.mrfixitonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=3227

Normmatt
Mr. EAD
Re: save file ;)
Reply to this Post
samurai goroh wrote:

I uploaded a save file. I don't remember who created, so I can't give the credits to that person...

https://sites.google.com/site/samuraigoroh/downloads/F-zeroClimax%28J%29.sav
sites.google.com/site/samuraigoroh/downloads/F-zeroClimax%28J%291.sgm

As for posting links, you can follow the instructions mentioned here:
http://www.mrfixitonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=3227

Thanks for the save file its perfect and thanks for the info about posting links I've added the image to the first post Very Happy

RadioShadow
Black Bull
Re: Translation project revival
Reply to this Post

YAY!  A VWF!

What font is that you are using?  Is it from F-ZERO GP Legend?

Normmatt
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
RadioShadow wrote:

YAY!  A VWF!

What font is that you are using?  Is it from F-ZERO GP Legend?

Its the built in font used for ascii characters in the game.. there is a larger full width ascii font in the game which is used for the sjis english character set.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

did this project get anywhere or did it die? i was always curious about all the backstory in the game and was so bummed when it was never released outside japan (how convenient that they'd skip the game with the second highest amount of text included)

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Normmatt
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
UchihaSasuke wrote:

did this project get anywhere or did it die? i was always curious about all the backstory in the game and was so bummed when it was never released outside japan (how convenient that they'd skip the game with the second highest amount of text included)

Dead no. I still have all the work I did on the game and over the last couple of days have fixed some things and made it easier to format the story text for insertion. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Heian-794 every completed the translation of the stories or atleast they aren't up on the article that only goes up to chapter 21 of 48. When I get around to cleaning it up a bit I'll throw it up on github like my other projects.

EDIT: Over the last couple of days I've been working on a tool to make it easier to modify the storylines and the title image. Once this is done I will add support for modifying the profiles and by the look of it thats most of what needs to be modifiable.

RandomSnatcher
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Man... Years later, and still no sign of this.  F-Zero X Expansion Kit is finally playable through emulation after many years of getting 64DD emulation to work.  You would've think by now that this should be the inspiration to continue the translation project. Geez...

Hot_Violet
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Just bumping the thread in the hope that Normmatt can be awoken from his slumber... ;P

Index » F-Zero Climax » Translation project revival