Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Jul.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
MV Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero MV » K3 strategy (GP mode)
Peutos
Fire Stingray
K3 strategy (GP mode)
Reply to this Post

This is the strategy that I used for get the wr, I make 5 different maps for explain all the course with images. Sorry for the not very good edit with paint Smile
Opener is similar to training mode, there are only two differences: at the start you have to take jb crystal bump and then go straight without drift, in this way you are able to get hot violet bump (I also write the velocities of the bumps). If you drift you can't take a good bump; the second difference is the bump at the end of the lap, after the cut on the mug you have to drift and take a larger trajectory, then you turn to the left and you can get a big bump; if you are lucky you can take a double bump, sometimes jb crystal and fireball are paired and so your velocity can arrive to 62X Kmh!! But it is rare. If you can't take this bump you can wait and when you are on the green zone if you drift to the right (with L button) and then turn to the right to make the curve (the first after the green zone) you can also take a very good bump (590 km/h) but it isn't as good as the other bump.

About second lap: it is like training lap you have only to don't drift when you are on the green zone,in this way your power won't go down very fast.

Third lap is similar to training lap, you have only to bump two mines and not only one mine, on the maps you can see what mines I bumped. 

At the beginning of the fourth lap can be a mine, you have to bump it and then go on the green zone, after that you have to boost after the two hard curves (like final lap in training mode) and you can find a mine in the middle of the long curve or at the end of the curve, then after the mud zone you can bump two mines after the last curve. I noted that if there is the first mine you have 99% to find the second one too.

Last lap is the most difficult, your power level is very low and there are a lot of yellow and green cars, if you bump a car you can pause the game and try again, this lap is very similar to the fourth, if you have luck you can find the first mine in a good place, so in the middle of the long curve; it is very impourtant because you have to get a high velocity for cut the mud zone without let down your velocity, that because your power level is very low and so if your velocity go sub 450 km/h you lose a lot of time, the last mine is very randomly, you find it but you can't know if it will appear at the beginning or at the end of the straight stretch.

TBK
Janitor
Re: K3 strategy (GP mode)
Reply to this Post

No mines in the opener? So you go around the mud at the hairpin? Mid 28 first laps seem quite impressive that way. What about the 2 remaining mines in the circle by the time you're in lap 4? Do you use them as spare mines in case the black mine doesn't appear? (You marked both of them red in lap 4)

Peutos
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Nono in the openr you have to bump the first and the last mines, like on training mode otherwise when you are on the mud zone your velocity go down very fastly.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

great guide! i think it's safe to say this is the hardest GP course sofar.

i wonder which course will turn GP next.

Index » F-Zero MV » K3 strategy (GP mode)