F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X Climax, a new F-Zero X on Nintendo 64 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
F-Zero X Climax, a new F-Zero X on Nintendo 64
Reply to this Post

It's the 15th anniversary of F-Zero X, something has to happen !

Now there is a "new" game on Nintendo 64 !

This is the first modded game with all the graphics changed that can operate directly on Nintendo 64 and emulators.

The link ( below ) : http://www.emulation64.fr/?page=download&id=256

The bla-bla :

Yes it's a new F-Zero X, certainly one of the most accessible game for such a spot on N64. It took me one year, like 6 to 8 hours a day to create that mod, it happened that back in november I had to quit my job ( far away from home ) for familly reasons, so since then I could be more concentrate on my mod also working on weekends ( a bit less however ), before I used to work 4 to 5 hours, not the weekend for my older mods. It's serious work. I'll explain why it took me so long later.

I chosed to use F-Zero Climax as an inspiration, the last episode of the serie, released only in Japan on GBA to create my mod. 

On this new F-Zero X mod, as usual I remade each of the 24 F-Zero X tracks , they're all from the 54 that F-Zero Climax has but I made very large changes, including 3D, the GBA version was 2 only of course, but some tracks remain flat as the originals. One of my first goal was to make those tracks championship friendly, beside on Silence 2 and Red Canyon 3, usually 20 CPUs or more will survive those tracks, sometimes less, it still depends how you play, take the lead quickly sometimes help them, sometimes running with them helps. I tried to make the CPUs survive better on S2 and RC3 but after many attempts I chosed to keep them that way to continue to respect the original maps, for exemple I didn't want to remove the jump plates on RC3 ( a remix of RC1 SNES ) still those 2 tracks are ok for time attack (Edit : In version 1.1 I exchanged S2 and RC3 position, that way the CPUs survive).

The computer is very fast on most tracks, some are a challenge, even for advanced players in fact ! I have tried to slow down CPUs speed by reducing the size of some circuits ( with the scale tool of the Fzep level editor ) but it's still hard, beginners will have to learn how to slide ( max acceleration guys, with bad grip machines ) or at least use the good settings with jumper machines and use ZZ / RR cornering control properly not to slip and keep speed. Like many games it takes a little time to enjoy it.

I tried to respect the original circuits by placing arrows, ice and dirt in the same places, but as the tracks are much longer, the circuits on F-Zero Climax are very short and machines are fast, all with design and handling that would be very ill-suited to F-Zero X, so I didn't even try to create tracks with the original size but long tracks, they're also much longer than the F-Zero X tracks with more arrows and jump plates here and there to reduce the feeling of emptiness and length of some sections and to increase fun of course ! To begin with the F-Zero Climax tracks aren't the best to fit F-Zero X but I tried to remix them as good as I could in a short period of time, in fact I decided around February than rather than just building a full graphic change for F-Zero X  I wanted to build a pack of new tracks to create what will look like a real new Nintendo 64 game, with the climax stuff I had already incuded it was easier and it made sense to use remix circuits from Climax GBA instead of buiding new tracks, plus I was so late with the textures I knew I won't have the time to build original tracks, I was right as I started create circuits on the beginning of june only, it took me a full month of intense working to made them, I think the result is ok but I can't compare them with the 10th anniversary or expansion pack mods I made before, each pack took me like six month to create, I had the time to really work on each track and I was inspired and motivated ( 10th anniversary ), not that much these days, I remember being disappointed when I shared F-Zero X Expansion pack and PXB 3 on the site with only 3 people replying, that was one year of work, same with the announcement of  the possibilty to change the textures in the F-Zero X rom that was quite big to me, for the first time we can edit F-Zero X textures, I even shared a beta pack that even runs on the n64, the first of its kind, ok it was ugly, again it seems that only four guys felt that a reply will be ok, that let me to give up on the topic I created where I wanted to share my progress. I understand most people here ( we're just a few after all ) are interested in time attack mostly or only, I love time attack so much with FZX too, I'm just sad that only very few people are interested with the custom part of FZX, I have that sad feeling of the guy who working hard to get nothing, I don't like that nobody cares situation. At least some of my youtube followers are encouraging, that helps, thank to them. End of the sad note. That time it has to be different with F-Zero Climax. This mod is special, I don't think you will see another one that you can compare with mine before a long time on n64. I guess that 's what will make the difference with the regular F-Zero X custom tracks packs, there's many of those ( but not so many are good ), this one will remain unique for quite a while I think. I still plan to release a F-Zero X 20th anniversary pack along with PXB4, those packs will may be be retextured too. 2018 Guys. There is a spot for the 15th anniversay of  the Expanion Kit, I'll see what I'll do then.

The graphics side now, modding F-Zero X textures was the thing that really motivated me to create that mod for the 15th anniversary of F-Zero, I wanted to do that for so long. I wasn't happy with the flows of the HD plugin and I prefer playing on console so when I discovered Tilemolester + Gedecompress and that it's possible to change so many GFX in my favorite game that I decided to create F-Zero X Climax. After a year of intense hard work to successfully find and change a maximum of textures, pictures and texts, after dealing with a lot of problems to properly modified the game textures, I finally made it.

I didn 't find any "tricks" to make the compressed files work faster, sometimes it took an hour or more to make a single change work in the game, there are 433 compressed files in the game, I' ve changed 190 of them but that's 6.5 mb out of 7 when the files are uncompressed, the remaining files are only characters or texts. Edit these would have been possible, but I found myself faced with an obvious problem that you notice at first sight, on many images, below, little dash or parasites colors, that happen with the compressed files on 2D pics, it's possible to remove them but that's what I can call a miracle, that's why you''ll see many of them, on the menus mainly but also on the credits, however, after so many hours of attempt I managed to remove some of them, not as much as I wanted to, in fact it's very random, as I said I didn't find how to make that work perfectly. Now imagine a dash under each letters of a long word and you will understand why I dropped those compressed files, it would have been very ugly plus the smaller files are the hardest to mod. Instaed, I decided to focus on tracks textures and tried so many things to find some that are looking good with the FZX graphic engine.

Climax GBA ( beta ) style : very limited, so much better possibilities to use instead ... 

I now really understand why Nintendo was limited with the graphics on F-Zero X, that graphic style that also appears to be responsible for the non-success of the game at the time, in my opinion the game's graphics were not a problem, they had the advantage of giving the game high readability circuits, the ability to bend in all directions (thanks to the track editor in the Expansion Kit) and a smooth 60 frames per second was unique at that time but yes indeed, F-Zero X is not beautiful, simple at best. Who really cares now, at least it looks better than some PS1 or saturn racing games with those pixelated 3D textures. For what I made with F-Zero X Climax I can say it is very difficult to make a texture that makes it as well when the race is 10 meters or 200 meters wide knowing that I worked on a 64x32 pixel texture base. It's hard to make the track textures fit together but the real difficuty is with the common textures ( pipes, tunnels... ) compressed file, harder than the other to mod with many other textures in it, the doors, refiller ... and I had problems with that one. Instead of the classic clear/dark color textures you can see on F-zero X, sometimes I chosed some that didn't really fit together to create more variations on a single venue file, up to 3 different kind of textures on the Big Blue/Illusion compressed file. 

When I started to create my first custom textures last year I noticed that strange parasite colors were visible on many pics or textures, the other big problems was to create textures without  those parasite, after a while I figured out how to do it almost properly but it takes a lot of time (you need work the textures in "negative" to avoid parasites) so in addition of the few I made, I used textures ( not emu dumps, unusable, with parasites everywhere, I even tried some wipout textures, too ugly on fzx with the parasites) that I could find and dump in other n64 games that has the same graphic properties that F-Zero X has. I extracted compressed files of many games to look for appropriate textures for FZX, sometimes I just cut and paste the texture from a rom to FZX, sometimes I completly reworked some of them, sometimes I changes things, details or even use some textures for their unparasited colors. Using textures from other n64 games, mainly to avoid all those parasites, was faster than create original ones (I won't be ready for the 15th anniversary and I didn't want to spend more than one year on the mod), I had a large choice at the beginning but after many attempts no so much, I've seen weird things during those, only a few kind of textures are looking "good" on F-Zero X, I tried the best I could with what I have and with my own created textures. You may recognise some of those n64 dumped textures by the way !

Parasites  :

The two patchs are for the US and JPN rom of the game, remember you must have a real F-Zero X cart or have it on wii to play the FZX roms : )

The japanese version is usable with the addtion of the Expansion kit (YEAH !), for those who have an Everdrive/64drive/ED64plus/Dr Jr v64 in addition, you can use new textures in it to create your own retextured custom tracks, I also included some suprises that you may not see coming, also sometimes by saving a custom track in the editor it activates a speed glitch, it works one time only, you need to resave to retry.

Edition of the textures with Tile Molester and Gedecompress.

Tracks patched with the Fzep level editor.

I also used others tools like an HEX editor, Macet, Photoshop ... to be able to complete the mod.

Thank you to Subdrag, BGNG, Nintendo and tadashi sugiyama without them F-Zero Climax X would not have existed.

Thank you to the F-Zero community, thumb up to Jimmy Thai and Statix for making me bought a 64DD + Expansion kit.

Mr. Myamoto it's time to release a new F-Zero ! Find ideas and If you can't find some, ask people !

Thank you to BFrancois and emulation64, F-Zero Central and its users, my Youtube subscribers and my parents.

Have fun !

PS : re, the link :  http://www.emulation64.fr/?page=download&id=256

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Re: F-Zero X Climax, a new F-Zero X on Nintendo 64
Reply to this Post

now i know what i'll be trying in the week.

hopefully the N64 doesn't collapse :p

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

That looks so awesome!

How much would a writable N64 cartridge cost so I could play this game properly? And it is NTSC only?

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
Mandalore wrote:

That looks so awesome!

How much would a writable N64 cartridge cost so I could play this game properly? And it is NTSC only?

Thank you !

I would love a cart repro like BS F-Zero 2 :

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/BS-F-Zero-Grand-Prix-2-PAL-English-Snes-Super-Nintendo-/321164761444?pt=ES_Videojuegos&hash=item4ac6e95964#ht_2676wt_1082

However you need one of these to make the F-Zero climax  modded roms works on your n64 :

http://fzerocentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=10290

This one is pretty cheap :

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/N64-ED64-Plus-Mega-Save-Cart-Development-FOR-Nintendo64-NEU-Everdrive-/121133123063?pt=DE_Konsolen&hash=item1c3418c5f7

"hopefully the N64 doesn't collapse :p"

Don't worry the roms run like the original game ( or almost ) it means that you will have some loss of framerate when there's many CPUs or when the custom track design is too difficult too handle for the n64.

In fact I didn't try the tracks without the texture mod so I don't know if the game is a bit smoother unmodded but it looked fine to me.  

Effendi
Wild Goose
Reply to this Post

Nintendo should hire Philippe to work on a new F-Zero, he sure got plenty of ideas ! Honestly i thought you'd never top the 2nd PXB pack, and now you're planning on a fourth one !? holy sh*t !

i'll try it next weekend, is it playable with an emulator or do i need an everdrive to play it ? i understand with the textures but i'd be happy to play the tracks as well, until i get my hands on an everdrive at least.

Anyway, the result looks astonishing ! You obviously need a bigger crowd, a year of hard work and only a very few people leaves positive feedback.. man....

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

i tried to load these on my n64 with an everdrive 64 but they don't work.

any tricky part that might be missed to make them work?

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Nintendo should hire Philippe to work on a new F-Zero, he sure got plenty of ideas ! "

: )

Yes, a polished PXB4 that I will work on occasionally during the next 5 years.

I'll share a updated zip file with all my tracks in fzep including the climax tracks soon. You can already extract the tracks and their textures with the fzep level editor just by changing the internal name of the rom back to just F-ZERO X  with the rom renamer tool.

Emulators run the modded game like the original, no problem, I still use project 64 1.6 these days. Everdrive/64drive/ed64plus will let you use the textures for custom tracks and has some special features with the japanese version for your expansion kit ; )

I try to share my mod on a few other sites this time but I don't tink many people will be interested, it's like a new game but it's on a old n64 console, just a hack and it's F-Zero X, people would pay more attention if I did the same with Zelda OOT or even another Mario 64 hack, that's too bad.  

Uchiha, you just need to go back to OS 1.28 or 1.27 of your Everdrive to make it work, I think you have 1.29 ; )

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

i found my problem. the rom i was using was a .v64 and this works only on a .z64 rom.

and i just noticed my patches were for .v64 roms. i bet a lot of people ran into this issue with my packs.

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Yes you're right v.64 are pretty rare these days, most are .z64, I think I still have some fzx.bin somewhere. I remember .usa and .n64 that didn't last much, z64 is fine.

fzeroman
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

No Thanks?? Okay anyways nice work phil i knew you had this working for quite some time and i cant wait to give it a go with my 64dd!!!!!!

CMV
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Wow! Awesome Mod! :O

Great tracks and beautiful textures, I love it!

Daniel
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

that looks awesome, i think i will give it a go Very Happy

"Daniel is unholy - i swear to god" - BPA
"Rade - Power Rade" - FunStyle
"Daniel is NOT human" - DeltaBlast54
"Danmode - Beating WRs months before they were set" - FunStyle
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

www.youtube.com/watch here's my demo of the game.

Effendi
Wild Goose
Reply to this Post

damn ! i can imagine some of these cups being a real challange to defeat on all difficulties. but the shapes look really close in comparison to the original climax tracks, you did a good job ! and i love how you changed it from acceleration and max speed to "slider" and "jumper" in the machine setting section, and Silver Nelson's photo when you've defeated a cup cracked me up ! and the textures you settled with for the port town venue was absolutely fantastic ! i do a lot of downhill myself in the winter, and i'm quite familiar with the feeling of going completely snow blind, with that said, i appreciate how the textures from white land blends in with the background and creates that sorta effect. dunno if it was intentional but me personally thought it was a nice touch, and probably challanging as well.

thumps up !!!

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Thank you for making a video of F-Zero X Climax Uchiha, after all these years I think this is the first time you made a video of my work. I didn't wait for the X-Cup, nice surprise ! I watched the all video.

It looked like you have some difficulties, that "bad" driving ( sorry ) doesn't help the tracks to look good, that's too bad. I think you recorded your first attempt on each cup that's the reason why but like many custom tracks some training is required to at least know most of them.

I tried to make the tracks not too difficult to be playable by most but I knew the CPUs are too difficult anyway on many tracks but very good and advanced players will finish first on most of the circuits, after some training.

In fact you should use jumper settings as you just started to play the game, it does help on some tracks like mist flow.

When I did the tests to see the CPUs speed on all the tracks I played on novice or master with everyone's machine, Blue Falcon. It was easy to see that the CPUs were too fast but after I rescaled the tracks where they were really too fast I was able to finish 1st with Blue Falcon with jumper settings on most of the tracks so I tough it was ok. The championship mode is too hard for the average or occasional player however time attack is more open. 

About the championship mode the tracks I have problem with are at least white Land 2, CPUs way too fast, track even have been rescaled to 0.8. Many death on PT2 when you're in the lead, way too many death on RC3, no one survives Silence 2. I think the two first cups are nice for championship, the 3rd is ok and the 4th, well bad with way too much cpu death. Of courses when I build and used the tracks on the Expansion kit everyone or almost was fine, as usual, but it was way too easy ! As i said I was late and I started to build the tracks in june and it last one month rebuild on the level editor/test inclued. I needed more time but i wanted to be ready for the 15th anniversay of F-Zero X anyway and the last attempts to make those tracks more CPU friendly during the lest few days were failed.

I think I'll make an update someday ( not before at least 6 or 8 months ) because so far there's a few things I found that can be corrected or improve so I'm open to ( negative ) critics.

Uchiha, on the few things you said on youtube ( I think it's better to talk here )

"this is a rom hack of F-Zero X that aims to make the game look like F-Zero Climax"

Not really, It's F-Zero X Climax because the pilots/avatars, endings, machines in the credits are from Climax or the TV anime but all the tracks textures, the HUDs, menus ... were not made to make the game look like climax at all, like I said with screenshots on the first post there was so much better to do with the tracks textures of that mod than just try to copy the very limited F-Zero Climax style which by the way is inappropriate for the 64x32 pixels textures of F-Zero X. ( I tried it sucks, I tried GX too, doesn't fit FZX very well either ) 

" almost all the textures have been replaced "

I need to know what textures beside the final Nintendo horizon element and the red/green of the energy ( it's just color not textures, like the machines ) did you see that wasn't replaced please. I tough I have modded them all. What could I miss ?

i gotta add that the textures made me get a headache after a while. i was gonna redo the middle cups but the headache stopped that."

I was surprised by that after you saying this on the topic where I shared my first beta :

this should make some very trippy designs possible.

i'm expecting midiman to come up with some very weeeird textures like in some of his vids."

Yeah should be very trippy, let's see that custom texture video from midiman :

Wooo !!!

Now Uchiha comment on the video:

"lol insane

looks like something you would see in a dream :p"

His question :

" i like this version of sand ocean.

where can i get it?"

No answer from the midiman ...

Now that would be tricky to avoid a serious headache after playing a full pack like that. But it seemed that you liked that at the time, I guess you're getting older 

Also I have to say that I didn't like that comment you made,  I worked hard to share a beta pack, ok it was ugly, but I think it was quite a big news that it's possible to change all F-Zero X textures, and you told me about Midiman, come on, did he even do something for the F-Zero X community during the last five years, hey I love His snes music remix his twin drill custom track but he has nothing to do on that topic. Useless lame comment.

Back on the headhache, avoid aliasing is one of the most difficult thing to do when you create textures for the tracks, I tried so many textures and combinations, only a few were ok with F-Zero and it's speed. To limit aliasing you need to avoids textures with too much details, that has fines lines, too much contrast and so many other kind of textures that doesn't fit the game either, it's a very difficult task.

I d'like you and the others readers/potential players to know that I didn't experience any headache with F-Zero X climax, I have already played 4 hours or more in a row and I was fine, my TV is an old Philips CRT, I used it to check that aliaisng problem because that tv does a lot of aliasing compare to recent flat TVs and because testing the textures on emulator isn't good enough since I have a flat monitor with limited aliasing and the game just doen't look the same on emulator, it's better to play on emulator if you are like Uchiha. Or not played at all if it's even worse. Thank you.

"at least i managed to show off all the tracks"

Congrats man, what an effort, you did it ! I was so afraid when you collapsed between 1:15:28 and 1:16:45, that F-Zero X hack nearly kill you man !!! 

ok

Effendi,

Thank you very much for your comment and support, Nelson and the others are from screenshots I took from the anime, I try to select some pictures that fits or mock the pilots, try to finish with Ead or Biorex to see about that ; ) 

" i love how you changed it from acceleration and max speed to "slider" and "jumper" in the machine setting section "

Yes they are a few references to MFO/F-Zero Central in the game, in the credit also.

" i appreciate how the textures from white land blends in with the background and creates that sorta effect. dunno if it was intentional but me personally thought it was a nice touch

Yes it was !

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

recording track packs is easy for me now due to getting the everdrive. until that point, my only means to play custom tracks well was to rebuild them on my EK and, since that took quite long, i usually picked very few tracks.

the textures that gave me problems were the bright ones only (the white and yellow ones) the other ones were fine.

i usually record my first run since it has reactions and improvisations unique to the first time playing the game. i'm sure i could beat all the cups with more practice since i finished those cups 2nd and 3rd. i also go slider onto every track i'm playing for the first time.

(those comments in the midiman video were pretty old. he was still active here)

i did count the cars and refillers in the replaced textures comment since those are also textured but weren't replaced. i don't know if there's something different about how they're textured compared to the roads.

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

"i usually record my first run since it has reactions and improvisations unique to the first time playing the game. i'm sure i could beat all the cups with more practice since i finished those cups 2nd and 3rd. i also go slider onto every track i'm playing for the first time."

Ok but with a player of your level it makes the game looks very hard.

"the textures that gave me problems were the bright ones only (the white and yellow ones) the other ones were fine."

All right but as the description says  "i gotta add that the textures made me get a headache after a while. i was gonna redo the middle cups but the headache stopped that."  viewers will think that the two middle cups textures made that headache, not just one texture on a single track. 

"i did count the cars and refillers in the replaced textures comment since those are also textured but weren't replaced. i don't know if there's something different about how they're textured compared to the roads."

some refiller screenshots :

After you played F-Zero X during 15 years I had no idea you tought about the re-filler when you said unmodded textures on X Climax as I tough you should notice it isn't the same. Close, similar eventually, not the same, obvious. I tried one that looks clos to climax GBA but it wasn't very good imo.

Some minor changes :

That's the machine you used on your video.

Some more obvious textures mods on machines :

The Sonic Phantom look like that in the Jpn version :

May be you prefer something like that ...

But I choosed not to to add big textures or model change on the machine but if you look close you will notices little textures/tests changes here and there on many machines. I though the machines had to keep looking as they are, as everybody know them or almost, colors inclued for the 1st of the 4 at least.  Just an exemple,  it will be weird if I choosed to change the Blue Falcon to red or the Red Gazelle to blue. In fact as the machines in climax and in fzx are not exactly the same and as I used pictures from climax's machines in the credit I would love to change the color just a bit on some of the machines. Unfortunatly I didn't manage to insert the colors codes in the the rom, it didn't work. If it does I would also change 2nd, 3rd and 4th colors of each machine. Players can still use the version 1.1 or 1.2 of the car editor to change the machines colors on FZX Climax themself. A color is not a texture anyway.

There is really a few textures that I didn't mod, but not those ; )

The Bronze Cup in Seinsei ( master ) with the Blue Falcon, 1st on each track, no advanced moves :

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

i didn't notice those slight changes to be honest. i was too focused on driving that i didn't pay full attention.

also, i haven't played the game at a high level for a while now. skills are gonna erode after some time without practice and the last time i set a serious PR was like a year ago.

i'll fix the video description if it is bothering you that much.

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Thank you : )

edit : the silver cup : 

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

One of my youtube subscribers reported a few days ago that I was wrong about the name "Lighting", a beautiful mistake that I never saw thinking it was really the name of the race, the track is of course called "Lightning", following his comment and finding some things to correct, I decided to put forward a bit the first update of the game, around September I think. '

When I released the game I knew I was late and during the last two week I worked on it, instead off debugging/test only, I took a few days to remake the 33 pilots pictures that were ready since february to make them look better because I found a trick to do that back in june only, they were really uglier before.

So after doing that I was really in a rush to be ready for july 14th, I knew I would miss things, I did and I knew an update with corrections will be needed to improve the game but I didn't think about doing it sooner than at least six months after the first release, as some gitchs/mistakes/problems are too big for me an update will come sooner than I tought.

Guys, I need your help to make the game look a bit better, I'll correct as many things I can, I then retest the two version of the game and the update should be ready around september, it could be earlier but I prefer to not rush things this time.

Please report here if you saw bugs/glitchs to see what I will have been able to miss.

Of course you don't need to mention some obvious glitch like the parasite dash/pixel/colors on the menu or below many pictures ( on the right mostly ), as I said in the first post removing them is very long and difficult I don't think I'll correct them for the first update but if you find weird things, glitchs, "broken" pictures or anything strange, please tell me. Even if there s things you really didn't like with the game, a texture, a picture, anything. I can't promess I ' correct everythings you will report but I'll see what I can do.

No need to report things about the track design or cpu difficulty, I don't think I'll want to change that, about the difficulty, finish first on each track is possible with blue falcon without advanced moves even on the gold cup so the difficulty is fine for me.

The Gold and Platinum Cup with Blue Falcon :

After I struggled a lot i finally settle the problem with the opponent all who died on Silence 2 and almost all of Red Canyon 3, I spent many hours shortly before the game's release trying to but could not, the trick was to exchange position between RC3 and S2 ( the CPUs trajectory must been scripted someway and S2 just fits better on the platinum 5 position ) and fix or modify a few things on the tracks to help the CPUs to survive, that way I was able to maintaining the four jumps in the right places on RC2 or the no wall segments on S2.

Among the other big things that I had missed and already corrected, the length of the starting grid on Fire Field and mist flow (I thought it was set, I must had messed up somewhere with the many files I recorded from those tracks) and mostly I found the lost compressed file on the US version, after being patched then decompressed I got 432 files instead of 433 on this version but had no idea what was the one that gone away  by the time of the release and I miss to notice the missing bar speed setting on multiplayers, to cure this problem I have re insert each compressed file in a clean rom and then change the images / text in thar modded.

I'll do it after making all of my corrections on the JPN and the defective US version of the game I'm currently using as  " master " roms.

Thank you in advance for your help and time.

Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X Climax, a new F-Zero X on Nintendo 64 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next