F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » Hello, and a request.
Kyle
Mr. EAD
Hello, and a request.
Reply to this Post

Hello.

My name is Kyle, and I considered myself to be pretty good at F-ZERO GX. I said considered because I can no longer play it. Due to a workplace accident, my left thumb can't move a joystick with enough control to play any games anymore, and I am curious as to how good I was.

I'd like to compare lap times.

If anyone is up to a little goofing off, I have a request for you.

I'd like you to build a custom machine using the Optical Wing body, Garnet Phantom cockpit, and DevilFish RX booster.

Then, I'd like you to race that machine in the 5 Grand Prix, using no techniques. I never was good enough to learn them.

I played on Master, and always started 30th.

Thank you.

Kyle

Naegleria
Janitor
Re: Hello, and a request.
Reply to this Post

You could swap the handling to be on the c-stick so your right hand can use it.  Not sure if that would be comfortable but it's an option.  I'm mainly playing dustforce right not but I could ask someone to try out that custom vehicle.

FighBat
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

I'll try it out in time trials

superSANIC
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

Regular Time Attack wasn't going well for me so here you go:

https://youtu.be/nqrq15GG470  (the video is still uploading as I post this)

It's a pretty good machine for casual play: nice handling & good speed rentention.

FighBat
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Quick question Kyle, what settings did you use when you played? 

Kyle
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
Hello Naegleria.

I'll try that. I was also thinking about a steering wheel/pedal combo.

Thank you!

Hello Figh16.

Thank you!

Hello superSANIC.

I never used her on time attack anyway. Smile

I just started watching. You drive her like I used to. *sniff* I've got to locate my times paper in my collection. I'll post my times as soon as I find it. I'm glad that she's working well with you.

Thank you!

Hello again Figh.

I used 91 percent everywhere except BBDH. I usually won with 70 percent. Never liked that track, even though I consider water tracks my homes in games and real life. I LOVE me some Monaco!

Thank you!

Kyle
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
All right. I finally finished my write up. I've been swamped with stuff lately.

RUBY CUP

MCTR

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 1'02''658, and my best lap time was 17'548. I never learned how to slide like that.

CPSO

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 59'892, set on 3-24-14, and my best lap time was 16'560, also set on 3-24-14.

SOSS

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 1'58''842, and my best lap time was 35'602. Again, I never learned how to slide like that.

LLC

I set my machine setting to 100%, my best total time was 1'57''540, and my best lap time was 35'603. A slide and side attack combo to regain lost speed? Hmm.

AM

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 2'14''744, and my best lap time was 39'802, set on 12-5-10. I never trusted mines. First time I played this track on Master, on lap 3, I'm in the lead. I hit one of them, lost a chunk of energy, then some [email protected]$$ spun attacked me and retired me. Game Over. Anyway, you beat my times big time!

SAPPHIRE CUP

BBDH

I set my machine setting to 96% and my best total time was 1'08''784, and my best lap time was 20'398, with 70%. I barely beat your total time, but you easily beat my lap time.

PTAD

I set my machine setting to 96% and my best total time was 2'22'894, and my best lap time was 44'379, with 91%. You beat me.

GPMR

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 1'37''120, and my best lap time was 28'070. Another reason I don't trust mines. Seen many CPUs get ejected into the ceiling/floor. I love a Mobius. You beat me again.

PTLP

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 2'27''369, and my best lap time was 45'525. You beat me again.

MCSG

I set my machine setting to 96%, my best total time was 1'28'368, and my best lap time was 26'359. I don't trust mines here because I've seen CPUs boost and hit them, gain too much speed, and over shoot the landing! You also space fly a lot longer than I could. You beat me again.

EMERALD CUP

FFCK (looks like a bad word! ha ha!)

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 2'45''541, and my best lap time was 51'678. She's a little difficult to control on small cylinder tracks. You beat me again.

GPI

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 2'24''221, and my best lap time was 43'340, set on 4-13-14. You beat me again.

CPBD

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 3'02''355, and my best lap time was 56'044. You beat me again.

LHP

I set my machine setting to 96%, my best total time was 2'45''288, and my best lap time was 52'264. Nice shortcuts! Again, I barely beat your total time, but you beat my lap time.

BBO

I set my machine setting to 100%, my best total time was 2'47''114, and my best lap time was 52'075. I never had the guts to try that shortcut or suicide finishes. With my luck it'd go badly. You beat me again.

DIAMOND CUP

CTT

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 3'04''861, and my best lap time was 53'605. I never had the stomach for shift boosting. There were too many close calls in this race for me! XP You beat me again.

SOLS

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 2'14''558, and my best lap time was 39'840. More scary shift boosting. You beat me again.

FFU

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 2'05''028, and my best lap time was 37'285. Looks like she didn't want to shift boost for you this time. Again, I barely beat your total time, but you beat my lap time.

ADS

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 2'53''370, and my best lap time was 53'195, both set on 11-2-09. You beat me again.

PRS-lS

I set my machine setting to 75%, my best total time was 2'05''213, and my best lap time was 37'216. Nice save at the end! Good job at this hell of a track! This is the only track I couldn't win at on Expert or Master. I think my best was 4th on Expert and 6th on Master? This time, you beat my total and I just barely beat your lap time.

AX CUP

ASD

I set my machine setting to 96%, my best total time was 1'07''252, and my best lap time was 19'159.

OSMS

I set my machine setting to 96%, my best total time was 1'41'271, and my best lap time was 30'458, with 91%, set on 5-15-10. You beat me again.

PTCW

I set my machine setting to 96%, my best total time was 1'58''805, and my best lap time was 36'477. Another track she doesn't like. Again, I beat your total time, but you beat my lap time.

LTR

I set my machine setting to 91%, my best total time was 3'13''532, and my best lap time was 57'460. Nice shortcut on lap 3! I always wondered if that would work. Again, I beat your total time, but you beat my lap time.

GPS

I set my machine setting to 96%, my best total time was 3'49''594, and my best lap time was 1'10''535. You beat me again.

Other than our boosts being a little different, and you being a lot braver than I was, we flew pretty similar. But, I flew her for years, you flew her for a few hours and embarrassed most of my times.

What do you guys think?

Lastly, I'd like to thank superSANIC for his/her excellent playthough using the Optical Phantom-RX!

Oval
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Hey I saw your topic and had to try out the custom machine you mentioned as well as Naegleria's comment about driving with c-stick. The custom machine steers well and can perform the advanced techniques including snaking. Also the easiest part of driving with the c-stick controller set-up is using the c-stick to drive lol. Adjusting my mind to the other buttons being flipped around was much harder. The set-up I came up with was: acceleration on D-pad Left, boost on D-pad Up, side attack on Z button, brake on B button, spin attack on Y button, c-stick for driving, and L and R remain the same. That might not be perfect but it's a good start though. With snaking I was able to get a 50.465 sec Twist Road run. I was using my normal settings at the time. Another option to help you play more comfortably would be to get one of the smash4 controllers that look like more of a knock-off XBox controller it might be more ergonomic for running an inverted set-up. Hope this is of any help

Index » F-Zero GX » Hello, and a request.