Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Sep.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
MV Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero MV » I found a way to calculate the computer racer's times!
berrybob
Mr. EAD
I found a way to calculate the computer racer's times!
Reply to this Post

I was playing F-zero Maximum velocity, and i'm curious about the computer racer's strength. I did many tests just to find how it races.

-Test 1: Race with the computer. I just keep on the computer's back. I did 1 minute and 56 seconds on the pawn's first track on beginner difficulty.

-Test 2: Race as fast as possible, but stop when i reach the finish line on 5th lap. It did 1 minute and 56 seconds again!

-Test 3: Go to finish line's border and watch the computer race. You know what will happen. 1 minute and 56 seconds again.

I did the same test on grand prix and on training. It's just the same record!

So, i have a great idea: I put these times for each track and difficulty (and cars?), so anyone that plays against the computer can have a aproximation on how faster he/she should race on that track and difficulty.

I did this on the first track against hot violet:

Computer's times - Pawn 1 - Hot violet
Beginner 2:56:00
standard 2:45:00
Expert 2:30:00
Master 2:22:00

Happy or sad face?

yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Re: I found a way to calculate the computer racer's times!
Reply to this Post

So the Beginner CPUs don't have rubberband? Interesting, I didn't know that.

On higher difficulties though, the CPU racers' times will definitely change depending on how fast you're going. At least on Master, the rubberband effect is extremely strong. You can be on world record pace on a track, stop and wait for about 2-3 seconds before the finish line, and then see 1 or 2 CPUs pass you. (This is actually the basis for full-game speedruns of Grand Prix; it is faster to finish in 2nd or 3rd because you won't get the little cutscene associated with finishing 1st.)

Still, it is interesting to see how the difficulties compare without CPU rubberband.

berrybob
Mr. EAD
Re: I found a way to calculate the computer racer's times!
Reply to this Post
yoshifan wrote:

So the Beginner CPUs don't have rubberband? Interesting, I didn't know that.

On higher difficulties though, the CPU racers' times will definitely change depending on how fast you're going. At least on Master, the rubberband effect is extremely strong. You can be on world record pace on a track, stop and wait for about 2-3 seconds before the finish line, and then see 1 or 2 CPUs pass you. (This is actually the basis for full-game speedruns of Grand Prix; it is faster to finish in 2nd or 3rd because you won't get the little cutscene associated with finishing 1st.)

Still, it is interesting to see how the difficulties compare without CPU rubberband.

The computer player is a cheater. He uses the SAME PATH in ALL difficulties. The only thing that changes is it's speed. Yes, he can be faster than your max speed. Maybe faster than Jet Vermillion.

For example, Beginner does have 375 speed in the first track (I tested this. But it's a aproximation). But the master difficulty have like more than 440 speed. It's sooo fast!

I think it adapts by the nintendo staff's records. I didn't tested if master difficulty does have rubberband. I think i will test now or later.

Edit: The speed rate for the computer player was wrong. Sorry... I did edit for master from 420 to 440. It's faster than i imaginated! o_o"

Edit 2: I tested my wind walker with computer's wind walker:

Test 1: Race with the computer on it's back. The computer did 59 seconds on the first 2 laps. It is so fast on the first lap because of the cheat for speed. But i did touch the computer's vehicle.

Test 2: I did watch the computer race. It did 58 seconds in 2 laps. Why it's faster? Because i did touch him on the first test, so it did slower on first test because of this.

Edit 3: I forgot the conclusion. lol

Conclusion: The training computer on master doesn't have rubberband. And it does faster or slower on the grand prix because of the obstacles. But it's still a cheater because he does a decent curving but it races at a super max speed. That's why it is so fast on the first lap.

Edit 4: So many edits... I want to give a detail:

It does race to get the nintendo staff's times. That's why it gets faster if some computer lose speed because of a mine or another vehicle. So winning the record Time is more important than winning the computer racer itself.

Edit 5: The computer can't do Start boost and can't boost R+L. (We can boost using the R+L buttons, but the computer can't) That's why we can win because we can do all these useful things.

Index » F-Zero MV » I found a way to calculate the computer racer's times!