Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » Fun With (Mid-Tier) Custom Machines
DarkPanther
Mr. EAD
Fun With (Mid-Tier) Custom Machines
Reply to this Post

Everyone knows (or should know) some of the higher tier, beat staff ghosts twice over custom machines. So I wanted to play with some (hopefully) mid-low / mid tier custom machines. I spent the greater part of some hours toying with parts (wanting to get a special Adjective-Noun name) until I thought a machine might be decent and try them out. So far I got these seven.

(Note: Not very heavy testing or research, just a few minutes on Aeropolis: Multiplex (no snaking or advance tech sans some QT and MT) so I can get a feel for these machines. More to come soon. If anyone else tries these, tell me what you think of them; and if you got a machine I should try, let me know =D )

Great Crest   {Grand Base   +   Energy Crest   + Jupiter -Q} 2110kg

Body: A   /   Boost: D   /   Grip: B

- Excellent Body

- Handles good; may need to work the shoulder buttons a bit on 100% Max Speed

- Boost ability could be better; MT can compensate

- I use it at 100% Max Speed to get the most out of it

Wonder Goose -Z   {Aqua Goose   +   Wonder worm   +   Triple -Z} 1650kg

Body: C   /   Boost: A   /   Grip: D

- Cruises at about 1100 km/h

- Needs to slide to make corners and turns

- Acceleration past 50% Settings is horrid. Do not even sniff at a wall. Ever.

- I prefer to use it at 70% - 90% Settings

Wild Lynx   {Wild Chariot   +   Super Lynx   +   Bazooka -YS} 1510kg

Body: B   /   Boost: D   /   Grip: B

- Great acceleration and handling; controls a little sensative though

- Top speed and boost ability leave a lot to be desired 

- I always use it a 100% Max Speed

- Only machine of these 7 that I did not get a sub 40sec lap time on Multiplex

Valiant Vixen   {Valiant Jaguar   +   Cyber Fox   +   Boxer -2C} 1720kg

Body: B   /   Boost: C   /   Grip: C

- Decent handling; work the shoulders a bit

- Top speed not great but can reach high speeds with some effort

- A decent all-around machine as far as this list goes

- Not the sexiest looking machine despite its name =P

Misty Wolf   {Fire Wolf   + Scud Viper   +   Tiger -RZ} 1540kg

Body: B   /   Boost: C   /   Grip: C

- Handles well-enough; loses control a bit of higher speeds

- Average cruising pseed; boost speed is pretty good

- Misty Wolf vs. Valiant Vixen for better all-around machine of these 7. Might come down to preferance of name and looks *Le shrug*

- Fun Tidbit: When boosting, if you listen closly near the end of its boost state you can hear a howling-like sound, fitting for the machines name. Dat Tiger -RZ tho =D

Combat Tyrant    {Big Tyrant   +   Combat Cannon   +   Sunrise 140} 2260kg

Body: A   /   Boost: E   /   Grip: A 

- A tweak to one one of my favorite machines (for some reason) the Heat Hammer; this one controls a little tighter and its cruising max speed on 100% Max Acceleration is 1000 km/h

- The machine Black Shadow uses when he doesnt feel like winning

- Finally found a use for the Big Tyrant body

Berserk Legion -R   {Valiant Jaguar   +   Super Lynx   +   Scorpion -R} 1860kg

Body: B   /   Boost: C   /   Grip: B

- Berserk Legion -R vs. Misty Wolf vs. Valient Vixen. BL -R is the heaviest of the 3, ergo a little faster

- Performs well enough on both 100% Acceleration and Max Speed

- The other machines pulled 39:xxx secs on a lap in Multiplex; BL -R pulled 38:xxx (Compared to what I watch before is not all that great, but good for me)

Here's some more machines, some of them are similar to the first 7: Great Lizard {Body: A / Boost: D / Grip: B} 2100kg Grand Base + Heat Snake + Saturn -SG - See Great Crest, they're like twin brothers though this one looses speed when making turns at 100% Max Speed, Crest may or may not - This is a more *natural* looking machine, so there is that Flame Wolf {Body: B / Boost: C / Grip: B} 1700kg Fire Wolf + Heat Snake + Tiger -RZ - See Misty Wolf, this is her older brother Shining Pigeon -V2 {Body: D / Boost: A / Grip: C} 1680kg Funny Swallow + Shining Spear + Thunderbolt -V2 - It has the ability "Slow Start" - Slick on is controls, but manageable - More like a hawk than a pigeon with its speed - Heavier version is the Shining Glider (Holy Spider body); Lighter version is the Shining Blade (Optical Wing body). All 3 look like birds if you can imagine it Aqua Griffin {Body: C / Boost: A / Grip: C} 1810kg Aqua Goose + Sonic Solider + Devilfish -RX - Special name machine, though I don't know if its been listed somewhere else before - Performs like the Wonder Goose -Z; go with this one if you like special names Astro Master -R {Body: C / Boost: C / Grip: A} 1700kg Space Cancer + Combat Cannon + Scorpion -R - Competes with, if not beats, the Wild Lynx for best handling machine of this list so far - Does beat, if not destroy, the Wild Lynx in all aspects of speed though. - Performs well for a mid-heavy almost heavy machine; its most useful at 100% Max Speed - The machine Jody uses when she feels like winning Wonder Chariot / Wolf / Jaguar - Z {Body: B / Boost: A / Grip: D} 1750kg / 1790kg / 1950kg Wild Chariot / Fire Wolf / Valiant Jaguar + Wonder Worm + Triple -Z - All 3 handle good and have excellent speed; Jaguar version needs to compensate a little for it controls a little tighter but is a little faster - Chariot and Wolf versions have the slightest of differences; it comes down to which body you like more, I'm more of a Wild Chariot fan - Someone better than me can make these some viable machines; these aren't B.A.D. at all - Wonder Worm is best D-Rank cockpit
Mengsk
Black Bull
Re: Fun With (Mid-Tier) Custom Machines
Reply to this Post

Gallant Star-G4 and Quick Star-G4 are so good that I dont think I even played with the other parts. I forget the part to make it but I did play with Beat The Beast a few times because I liked the name.

DarkPanther
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
Thats what happens Mengsk when you only play with the good stuff, especially with the Titan -G4 part. that booster is like a cure all; I made a note that none of the machines that are and will be listed here will have -G4 in their name. Oh and I subscribed to you on Youtube Mengsk, more Crazy Bear please lol. Sorry about the edited topic part, dont know if I should make a new topic post or not. I do not want to clog the forums :I
yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

It's always fun to try out the specially named custom machines: http://cycloawaodorin.sakura.ne.jp/FZGX/table/snm_hyou.html

Been a while since I've played around with those though. Also, here's one with some nice shift boosts: Megalo Cruiser + Combat Cannon + Euros -01.

moreno1304
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

I personally like the C bodies the most for casual play (GP mode), they offer some good all round stats

Hulmy
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
Mengsk wrote:

Gallant Star-G4 and Quick Star-G4 are so good that I dont think I even played with the other parts.

Pretty much...

crawfy
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

I will add one that provides a relaxed way of finishing first on master difficulty (unless the course has many narrow corners):

Tornado Cancer -4X {Space Cancer + Combat Cannon + Punisher -4X} 1880 kg

Body: C  /  Boost: B  /  Grip: A

- cruising max. speed over 1100 km/h

- almost never skids out of control (good if you're not used to analog stick and tilt it all the way)

- boost, grip and even acceleration seem to be better than in Fire Stingray

The vehicle looks like what Octoman would drive if he could afford a custom machine (you can build it on gsv.xii.jp/fzgx/)

Index » F-Zero GX » Fun With (Mid-Tier) Custom Machines