F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » F-Zero Central Marathon Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
zewing
Golden Fox
F-Zero Central Marathon
Reply to this Post
Root Topic

So I've seen there's a ton of interest in this, so I made this thread so planning / offical maraton stuff could begin since we all need the help attending AGDQ (espically WMJ and Yazzo).  I'd imagine the date would be sometime in November?  Not sure, but the sooner we figure this out, the better as AGDQ is fast approaching.  Someone should take charge since I can't plan nor host this marathon, but I'll try to help in any way possible.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Re: F-Zero Central Marathon
Reply to this Post

Sounds good to me. The banner has been updated now with those dates. Later today I'll make a twitter post about it (let's share it!).

Also, I decided to make some graphics for the channel already now, and also made some panels. If you got any ideas of what more could be added, let me know: http://www.twitch.tv/fzerocentral

Atm the donate-button links to my Paypal, but maybe we should have a seperate Paypal set-up for the marathon? 

Naegleria
Janitor
Reply to this Post

In addition to typical single segment runs, I think we should showcase some IL sessions and TAS runs.

EDIT:  For the schedule, I don't think I should pick and choose everyone's time slots, since we have about 10 runners overall so far, I think we can discuss the schedule together without much conflict.  Since we have runners from different continents, varying time zones are pretty extreme, so having the runners themselves deciding when their run is I think is a good idea.

Here are the offered categories: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-FTixuQTGziN8Ey7IQ10mK72SxUqallpHPsPBpIE5x0/edit#gid=0

Write down your desired time slot here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SHa_ZXLjPKQVqRNWuB_aOqkMlSM4SOJEj2WG6QHB9go/edit#gid=0

My thoughts on how the schedule should be arranged: 

F-Zero SNES must be first.

Any TAS runs that will be shown must be shown after the game/category has been run already.

If F-Zero GX 100% (6 hour estimate) from AKC is in, it must be the finale.

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

So right now with my current laptop, the audio starts to noticably desync after 15 about minutes after I start streaming, and it cannot use OBS to stream, so no overlays with this laptop unless there's another program or a workaround.

I tried using my brother's laptop, but I have the following issue with AmarecTV:

return: HRESULT=80040217 (FAILED) No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection

The video preview shows nothing but a black screen. A Google search doesn't seem to have any solution that would work for me. Anyone have any idea how to fix or get around this?

The cap card is a Diamond One-Touch Video Capture (VC500). Both laptops are running 64 bit Windows 7. My laptop is a Pavilion dv6-3250us. I'll find out the model of my brother's Dell laptop later.

Naegleria
Janitor
Reply to this Post

hmm, ask on the SDA forum/IRC about that.  Theres a few people really familiar with this stuff there. 

irc.speeddemosarchive.com (6667)

j4sp3rr
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
UchihaSasuke wrote:

the most important thing is the host since that person will be receiving the streams from everyone else to stream the whole thing.

so, who has internet good enough to become the host?

do you guys still need a host? if so i have fiber 100/100 and i have an rtmp server running on my machine as well, might be your best bet Razz

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

the runner schedule looks interesting so far. everyone has different availability times.

i'll need to do some research to see if i can play at the times suggested so far. the timeslots i posted are the only times i'm guaranteed to be free.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Naegleria
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Woops, forgot to check yours Uchiha.  I changed it up.  Are you available at exactly 11 pm gmt-5? or should i put it a little later

Also, do WMJ and CGN have F-Zero X Climax?  A race on that, or on other custom tracks they both have, could be cool.

Naegleria
Janitor
Reply to this Post
j4sp3rr wrote:
UchihaSasuke wrote:

the most important thing is the host since that person will be receiving the streams from everyone else to stream the whole thing.

do you guys still need a host? if so i have fiber 100/100 and i have an rtmp server running on my machine as well, might be your best bet Razz

We will for races, yes.  For most runs we are just gonna have people stream directly do the channel, for races it would be handy to have someone with an rtmp server.  Are you available at the current times of the races?  I could swap it if you prefer.

j4sp3rr
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
Naegleria wrote:
j4sp3rr wrote:
UchihaSasuke wrote:

We will for races, yes.  For most runs we are just gonna have people stream directly do the channel, for races it would be handy to have someone with an rtmp server.  Are you available at the current times of the races?  I could swap it if you prefer.

With the exception of a (unlikely) bluescreen or my router just giving up the server should be up 24/7, if need be i can hand someone a remote for the server/obs or something like that.

EDIT: if i recall correctly livesplit has a remote control feature too, so we can even use that for races if you want my pc to host the races/marathon or anything like that

Another thing that could be nice is i can also use my server as a relay server, which apart from just straight sending it to twitch i can also set to locally record everything being sent to the server (avoiding twitch archiving and all that bullshit) if you guys want to set that up let me know, i tested it during the last nlg marathon and it worked just fine

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post
Naegleria wrote:

Woops, forgot to check yours Uchiha.  I changed it up.  Are you available at exactly 11 pm gmt-5? or should i put it a little later

Also, do WMJ and CGN have F-Zero X Climax?  A race on that, or on other custom tracks they both have, could be cool.

11 pm works too. that's a safe hour if i prepare for it.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

so, any updates in how the organization is going?

the event is a bit more than 2 weeks away.

Naegleria
Janitor
Reply to this Post

The stream key for twitch.tv/fzerocentral will be shared with runners.  For races, either Jasper or I can restream it (that is, view the streams of the racers, and group them together and send that stream to the channel). 

Yazzo setup a donation widget, and it is on the channel info already.

I will finalize the schedule and post a link of it.

j4sp3rr
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
Naegleria wrote:

The stream key for twitch.tv/fzerocentral will be shared with runners.  For races, either Jasper or I can restream it (that is, view the streams of the racers, and group them together and send that stream to the channel). 

Yazzo setup a donation widget, and it is on the channel info already.

I will finalize the schedule and post a link of it.

I will be getting an upgrade to my fiber this friday, it should technically end up being 500/500 mbit, so i should have a fuckton of headroom in terms of hosting.

I will write two google documents with tutorials/explanations/info on the rtmp server for the players. Also naegleria, i'll make you a seperate document with access codes for remote controlling my obs and such, teamviewer as a backup if its really needed, and all of that stuff, you can reach me on skype or teamspeak or whatever if you need to ask or request anything, also for the streamkey and such things.

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

With my streaming issues all fixed now, I definitely want to attempt a 100% speedrun. But the 6 hour estimate is not enough. Vallkyr says he did everything but the character movies in 7 hours, 40 minutes. I expect myself to not take any longer than that. I'm willing to stay up until a little past midnight on Sunday. But with how everything is scheduled currently, that's not possible.

If starting the marathon earlier on Sunday, or moving a couple events from Sunday to Saturday are not possible, then I can reduce my run by not doing time trial a second time after unlocking and buying the ghosts. That would shorten the estimate by 75ish minutes. Even then, some room still needs to be made if the run is to finish sometime during midnight.

It seems Vallkyr won't be able to do the staff ghost race and race requests with me, unless it's scheduled for an earlier time. If he can't make it, then I feel I shouldn't run it as well, since that is what Zewing will run for AGDQ, and I won't be as prepared as I'd like to do a solo run for it. In place of that, I can do some odd things such as a no boost staff ghost run, and/or do a couple of cups using the steering wheel.

Vallkyr says it's okay if the staff ghost race is moved to 10:30 AM GMT -5, which is fine with me.

TLDR: I'll only do the 100% speedrun if it begins at 5:00 PM. If it's okay that I simply have to unlock and buy the staff ghosts, then it can start as late as 6:15 PM

All of my GX times with various machines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c92zTykQvGwPoCU6yGuOb7lwxFENUC9ELbHZcse1qE/
Valyssa
Wild Goose
Reply to this Post

Turns out I've got a birthday party on the 22nd of November. Only learned about this pretty recently, so we've had to move some things around to make sure the planned races can still happen. If you can't make your new timeslot, let me know and we'll figure it out.
I also noticed that AKC's All Cups run with steering wheel wasn't on the schedule yet despite being submitted, so I added that aswell. However we still have some time left on saturday, so perhaps we can move a 1 hour run from sunday to saturday to make sure AKC can start his 100% run a bit earlier. Perhaps we can move the BS F-Zero 2 run to saturday, since the other games would be duplicates (except for the TASes but those are best left on sunday I think)

edward406
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Just a couple things. For the marathon, I will only be able to participate on Saturday the 22nd now, Sunday is no good for me.

Secondly, I've decided not to accept any donations from the marathon. I'll be paying my own way for my airfare and hotel to AGDQ, so any money that would be set aside for me can be split amongst WMJ, Yazzo, and Zewing.

"It's the F-Zero spirit!" -Yazzo
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

i'm gonna start practicing all cups in FZX this week.

for the record, i had offered GX all cups but i'll drop that since there's enough people offering it already. just putting this here to leave things clear in case of last minute changes.

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Unless I'm mistaken, Naegleria decided to not do any runs for the marathon. Right now it's just me and Vallkyr doing the all cups race.

I'm thinking about replacing the steering wheel GP run with something else, perhaps with a no boost runs vs staff ghosts showcase. If somebody else wants to do something in that time slot, I don't mind giving away the slot at all.

All of my GX times with various machines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c92zTykQvGwPoCU6yGuOb7lwxFENUC9ELbHZcse1qE/
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

do one-handed all cups!!

btw, is there gonna be a stream test before the event? i feel that a stream test would help iron out potential issues and show how everyone's setups stack against each other.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

another question

are all the GP runs gonna be in novice mode or master?

Index » FZC General Forum » F-Zero Central Marathon Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next