Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » Youtube now supports 60 FPS video
darkeye
Dragon Bird
Youtube now supports 60 FPS video
Reply to this Post

Hey everyone. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I felt this was the right place, since it concerns every F-Zero game.

As of today (2014/08/29), Youtube now supports 60 FPS playback for videos that are 720p or higher. Some samples:

F-Zero GX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXCFMNR__s

F-Zero X: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGc6MSMpKiw

Since all of the F-Zero games are 60 FPS, and since all of them are not 720p or higher, I would recommend that everyone capturing F-Zero footage at 60 FPS should upscale their videos, either using video editing software or some kind of hardware upscaler like an XRGB. This not only will provide 60 FPS playback, but will also increase the quality of your video, since Youtube provides higher bitrates to high definition videos.

Also, according to the Internet, you should use Chrome for best results at the moment, though other browsers will undoubtably improve over time.

E_Dragon
Fire Stingray
Re: Youtube now supports 60 FPS video
Reply to this Post

These are some great news.

Now I can finally upload my LLC TAS and other TASes in the future with 60 fps, which looks a lot better than the 30 fps, as you want to cost out every single frame in a fast TAS.

Thank you very much for sharing them.

darkeye
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
E_Dragon wrote:

Now I can finally upload my LLC TAS and other TASes in the future with 60 fps, which looks a lot better than the 30 fps, as you want to cost out every single frame in a fast TAS.

Your LLC TAS is fairly new, correct? I've read some people have successfully switched their recently uploaded videos to 60 FPS by opening the "Enhancement" menu and immediately saving. Apparently, Youtube was accepting 60 FPS video for a while now, but they weren't showing it to users, so by applying a blank enhancement, you force YT to reprocess the video and give you 60 FPS. This will only work if the old video was originally 720p+ and 60 FPS, and I don't have any videos of my own to test this on, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

i can finally redo all my old GX TTs with the best quality. praise the replay option.

it's too bad that my X times have VHS as the only source to get 60 fps without having to set new times.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
JAGG_ZERO
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post
darkeye wrote:

I've read some people have successfully switched their recently uploaded videos to 60 FPS by opening the "Enhancement" menu and immediately saving. Apparently, Youtube was accepting 60 FPS video for a while now, but they weren't showing it to users, so by applying a blank enhancement, you force YT to reprocess the video and give you 60 FPS. This will only work if the old video was originally 720p+ and 60 FPS, and I don't have any videos of my own to test this on, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

I can comfirm that this works. All my older videos uploaded from mid-July to late-August can now play in 720p/60fps and even an older video from mid-2012 can now play in 720p/50fps after trying this. It takes a little while after "Edit in progress" disappears for the change to take effect, though.

Thanks for the suggestion Smile

Index » FZC General Forum » Youtube now supports 60 FPS video