Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Sep.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » Playing F-Zero X Online over Kaillera
Smasherx74
Mr. EAD
Playing F-Zero X Online over Kaillera
Reply to this Post

Hi, I started playing F-Zero X a month or so ago, Ive only beat the first cup, on all difficulties including Master. I can DTD sort of, but with the CLIMAX rom hack the Jumper things are hard to DTD on and i never get any good speed.

Ive played a few people online, one of them knew how to play sort of and was keeping up with me but he wasn't maintaining his speed and kept going down. And the only other person who ive played, doesnt know how to play and is way worst than me. I was hoping some of you guy scould come online and play. For F-ZERO X you need Mupen64k (Mupen64++ Beta 1.3.12) and you start kaillera then go to a populated server, for America its SMASH FU and for Europe its GALAXY 64. There is many different servers located in different parts of the world so you can go to different ones to get better ping. When using kaillera you get FRAME DELAY, generally anything above 5 frames should be avoided, but every frame hurts and you'll definetly notice it. 

You can also do things like port forwarding then hosting P2P (through kailleraclient) or AQZ (alternative netplay which requires portforwarding).  You can just google the emulator, it also supports the F ZERO X CLIMAX rom, ive yet to play it online with anybody though but im not any good at it anyways. 

Snakelancer
Staff Ghost
Re: Playing F-Zero X Online over Kaillera
Reply to this Post

Hey there, I know you posted like 3 years ago, but we the F-Zero Online community are struggling to get this to work!!! It would be appreciated if you or anyone can help us. We keep getting "Desynch" problems and it drops us out of the game OR the 2nd player starts to go smash the walls and driving reverse. Please help us!

Smasherx74
Mr. EAD
Re: Playing F-Zero X Online over Kaillera
Reply to this Post
Snakelancer wrote:

Hey there, I know you posted like 3 years ago, but we the F-Zero Online community are struggling to get this to work!!! It would be appreciated if you or anyone can help us. We keep getting "Desynch" problems and it drops us out of the game OR the 2nd player starts to go smash the walls and driving reverse. Please help us!

Good timing on the notification, I was checking my emails today.

If you're playing on Project64k you won't be able to sync the game, as for Mupen64K just make sure you have the same plugins etc.. If you have bad connections, or if the server you're joining is bad then you'll DS more often.  The best alternative to this is AQZ input. You can find it by googling PJ64k and scrolling down to the redistributions of emulators with AQZ. It works like P2P, the host needs to port forward or both players need to be connecting through Hamachi (to the hamachi room ip). AQZ will never DS and it'll allow you to use the 2Player  Grandprix mode code so you can play with two players while trying to beat the grandprixes. 

Index » F-Zero X » Playing F-Zero X Online over Kaillera