Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » 64DD dumps complete Goto page 1, 2  Next
fzeroman
Black Bull
64DD dumps complete
Reply to this Post

Apparently the news is a month old but new dumps for 64dd games have been made available!

I dont know if i should link to the forums of the news or not,I would link to 64dd.net but apparently the site is down.

RandomSnatcher
Dragon Bird
Re: 64DD dumps complete
Reply to this Post

Hi, I'm just gonna bump this thread for some information.

Luigiblood and Zoinkity managed to convert to convert 64DD disks into roms about a week or two ago, so now anyone who can't even afford the N64DD can try the games out, but to reduce the risks of getting banned for promoting priacy, look up "64DD dumps".  If you can find the site, you'll see a download link for F-Zero X Expansion Kit.  Be sure to click the download link under "64drive Cartridge Conversion".  Only the RandnetDD and the Super Mario 64 Disk prototype are not converted.  Dezamon DD is only available as a converted rom. Keep in mind, though, that emulation of the actual 64dd hardware is still not emulated, and games that are unlike FZEXP might be, for the lack of better words, "inaccurate".

So far, the latest version of Project64, Cen64, and MESS can play the converted 64DD roms, and since Project64 is alot more functional (not to mention more popular) than the other two (Cen64 is still work-in-progress), it'd make more sense to use that one.  Fair warning, though: You might wanna download the GIT version of Project64 through emulation distribution sites like EmuCR to download (I do not recommend their official website nor their official installers, since it could potentially install crapware).  Once you do that, try to play the 64DD roms right away (it should say something like "Bad ROM?").  Should you get an error message, go to settings.  Then go to Config:[Platform Code] (F-Zero X Expansion Kit's Platform Code is "NUD-EFZJ-JPN") and change the memory size to 8MB.  Every 64DD Rom should be set for 8MB Memory Size).

Now just set the emulator up to your liking and you're ready to go.  I would recommend using either GLide64 (Capital-L is intentional) or angrylion's (if you have a high-end PC) video plugins just to get the textures and the transitioning a tad bit accurate (I didn't like Jabo's plugins one bit since they make the game look like a mess).

fzeroman
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I just tried it on my 64drive flashcart and cant believe how flawless it works!

i wonder if its possible to now translate the whole game @phillippe brodier

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

They did it, finally people can play F-Zero X with the expansion kit on a single rom, that's both pretty amazing and a bit sad.

Zoinkity and Luigiblood did a very good job making that F-Zero XP combo working on the 64 drive and on emulators. Unfortunalty I don't have a 64drive and I did not manage to make any of the 64dd disks to cart convert work on emulator despite trying with the last build.

I wonder how the save is working, is it possible to save 100 custom tracks and cars + all the ghosts, settings ... I don't know, I don't see how it's possible with a normal save file, may be somehow they find a way for the game to write on blank spaces on the rom just like the disks did. Fzeroman, did you notice something wrong with the save using your 64 drive ? Did you try on emulator ?

Translation is possible no doubt, most of the level and machine editor GFX/texts are in the US version of the game so using them will be easy, building a full US version of the combo changing all the japanese texts from the rom to English will be harder for many reasons. Zoinkity said that he will make an english version of the game, let see how he"ll do it, I don't have much time for this these days anyway and I think he can do that very well, after all he made so many things possible with n64 games, he created patches, made the Aleck 64 games run on the console and the list goes on and on ...

After checking into that F-Zero XP combo rom I found out that I can also make a full F-Zero X Climax mod with it, may be someday. I'll see if I can use Zoinkity's future English version instead of  having it only in japanese, the jpn version of the mod already runs with the real expansion kit but a complete English combo version could be nice.

fzeroman
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I havent succeeded in using emulators yet either. i havent tried saving a track actually on the 64 drive but ill give it ago later.

I wonder if this brings me back for more gameshark hacking?!

Im kindof rusty and this site is kindof glitchy on posting stuff soo i dont know....especially cause my track making has advanced to objects and levels

in distance.

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Well in this new combo version I'm pretty sure all the old codes won't work, we need someone to help ; )

RandomSnatcher
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
fzeroman wrote:

I just tried it on my 64drive flashcart and cant believe how flawless it works!

i wonder if its possible to now translate the whole game @phillippe brodier

Lucky. I don't have the flashcart to test it, and I do recall the EverDrive64 not being compatible with these roms. Having both an actual 64DD with a Japanese version of F-Zero X and the Expansion Kit Disk would mean you have a lot of money to waste, but the plus side would be that you're gonna make someone jealous.

Guess it's emulators for me, even though I don't have a strong-enough computer that would keep the darn things from dropping frames a lotta times.

fzeroman
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

can always search for new or hidden stuff;)

Just saved a modified rainbow road and tested it edit cup WORKS

Turned off console then turned it on FAILED

The rainbow road i moded wasnt in the saved tracks in the editor

Im guessing theyre gonna have to somehow make the save system work, maybe by seperate files? if thats possible?

LuigiBlood
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

I actually have nothing to do with 64DD conversions other than hosting them (on a server that's not even mine) and making them compatible on Project64.
Zoinkity did it all on his own. I don't even have his skills and he ended up helping me a lot about other 64DD things like the disk dumper that I made with marshallh.

64DD is actually emulated, but only MESS (or now MAME) does it and you need to "convert" 64DD dumps to another format. You can almost play all games, some N64 emulation problems get in the way like for Talent Studio.
If you want to use it: mame.exe n64dd -nodrc (-cart <path to ROM cart> ) -quickload <path to converted 64DD dump>

Also, "Bad ROM?", it shouldn't even say it! I added the name in the RDB config! It should have been recognized properly, especially with all the settings like "AllowROMWrites" which can't be messed with via the GUI so you can actually make new courses and play them! (Not really save them, all changes are lost once you stop emulation)

GLideN64 and angrylion (especially for Polygon Studio) are recommended for 64DD conversions. You may need to check "Render frame buffer as texture" if you want to play Paint Studio.

yoshifan
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

This is really awesome! I tried it today and got the F-Zero X EK running with:

• Emulator: project64-git-20150530 (x86 version; couldn't get video/audio plugins working on the x64 version)
  • Video plugin: the Jabo plugin that came with the emulator
  • Audio plugin: azimers-hle-audio-plugin-git-20150529

The graphics are not perfect, but I find it's quite playable this way. I'm not experienced with Project64 in general, so maybe there are other plugins (or just some settings changes) that'll make it better.

RandomSnatcher
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
LuigiBlood wrote:

I actually have nothing to do with 64DD conversions other than hosting them (on a server that's not even mine) and making them compatible on Project64.
Zoinkity did it all on his own. I don't even have his skills and he ended up helping me a lot about other 64DD things like the disk dumper that I made with marshallh.

64DD is actually emulated, but only MESS (or now MAME) does it and you need to "convert" 64DD dumps to another format. You can almost play all games, some N64 emulation problems get in the way like for Talent Studio.
If you want to use it: mame.exe n64dd -nodrc (-cart ) -quickload

Also, "Bad ROM?", it shouldn't even say it! I added the name in the RDB config! It should have been recognized properly, especially with all the settings like "AllowROMWrites" which can't be messed with via the GUI so you can actually make new courses and play them! (Not really save them, all changes are lost once you stop emulation)

GLideN64 and angrylion (especially for Polygon Studio) are recommended for 64DD conversions. You may need to check "Render frame buffer as texture" if you want to play Paint Studio.

1. I kinda knew that, considering you gave a lot of credit to Zoinks, so at least there's honesty in the emulation scene after all.
  2. Huh? Maybe I misread something afterall (I was reading Emulation General's Game Tech Wiki when I was typing crap down). Never type crap down during dusk 'til dawn or when you're drowsy, otherwise you'll misread something and regret it. ;/
  3. It's "Bad ROM?" on my end. Still plays the rom, and I'm using the latest Git version of PJ64 (Git 05/30/2015 as of this writing) and GLide64 and Azimer's HLE Audio Plugins (I'm always sure to check the latest versions). Any idea what I'm doin' wrong?
  4. It still baffles me that people with high-end computers still use Jabo's plugins, even though they're outdated compared to those two. It's even sadder when PC gamers are using ZSNES when they very well could use bsnes/higan accuracy core unless they want something that wouldn't bog their CPU down (pro-tip: close unnesscary programs, why don'cha).
RandomSnatcher
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
LuigiBlood wrote:

If you want to use it: mame.exe n64dd -nodrc (-cart ) -quickload

1. I kinda knew that, considering you gave a lot of credit to Zoinks, so at least there's honesty in the emulation scene after all.
  2. Huh? Maybe I misread something afterall (I was reading Emulation General's Game Tech Wiki when I was typing crap down). Never type crap down during dusk 'til dawn or when you're drowsy, otherwise you'll misread something and regret it. ;/
  3. It's "Bad ROM?" on my end. Still plays the rom, and I'm using the latest Git version of PJ64 (Git 05/30/2015 as of this writing) and GLide64 and Azimer's HLE Audio Plugins (I'm always sure to check the latest versions). Any idea what I'm doin' wrong?
  4. It still baffles me that people with high-end computers still use Jabo's plugins, even though they're outdated compared to those two. It's even sadder when PC gamers are using ZSNES when they very well could use bsnes/higan accuracy core unless they want something that wouldn't bog their CPU down (pro-tip: close unnesscary programs, why don'cha).
RandomSnatcher
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

NVM about #3, it now says "F-ZERO X + Expansion Kit (J) [CART HACK]". Weird. Said "Bad ROM?" before I updated PJ64.

Still, my laptop sucks, since the framerate drops a lot. Using GLide64 (it's the only plugin that can render the textures and transition screen correctly on my end) and Azimer's HLE Plugin.

ArmaRood
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Is there any way to save the EK content on Project 64?

LuigiBlood
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Sorry you can't save EK content. I prefer working on actual 64DD emulation instead.

fzeroman
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
LuigiBlood wrote:

Sorry you can't save EK content. I prefer working on actual 64DD emulation instead.

Project 64 Save states do work tho soo there is that at least!

LuigiBlood
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

I forgot to mention, but the English translated combo is out, it's based on the US version. Zoinkity managed to port Expansion Kit for the US version and translated it.

If you didn't know, now you know Very Happy

mhp
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
LuigiBlood wrote:

I forgot to mention, but the English translated combo is out, it's based on the US version. Zoinkity managed to port Expansion Kit for the US version and translated it.

If you didn't know, now you know :D

He didn't translate anything.  Everybody knows the english translation in in the cartridge.  REAL hackers here already found the expansion kit images in the USA cart.

All zoinkity did was scramble all the files so they're out of order and put in stupid doge meme pictures.  $ADD390 is a text doge.  It isn't a real translation.  Nintendo made that.

His anti ED64 code didn't even work and was cracked.  In the end he's just another wanabe emu shill.

LuigiBlood
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
mhp wrote:
LuigiBlood wrote:

If you didn't know, now you know Very Happy

He didn't translate anything.  Everybody knows the english translation in in the cartridge.  REAL hackers here already found the expansion kit images in the USA cart.

All zoinkity did was scramble all the files so they're out of order and put in stupid doge meme pictures.  $ADD390 is a text doge.  It isn't a real translation.  Nintendo made that.

His anti ED64 code didn't even work and was cracked.  In the end he's just another wanabe emu shill.

You're asking for shit. And useless shit, I might add.

First of all, he DID translate stuff. "REAL hackers" found IMAGES. NOT TEXT. IMAGES. I hope you get that difference, because that's a fact, and you said it yourself.

Zoinkity fused F-Zero X USA, JAPANESE Expansion Kit AND 64DD IPL together which isn't as simple as it sounds. The doge is just a private joke and in NO WAY that prevents you to play that thing.

Zoinkity made a custom IPL3 (first 0x1000 bytes of the ROM) specifically made for 64DD ports. It was made for the 64drive in mind. But they weren't supported by anything else. I WAS the one who added support for this in Project64.

Eventually, there was an unofficial firmware for ED64 that supports the 64DD ports. AND THEN krikzz released an official firmware that supports it AND ADDS SAVING SUPPORT. Seriously, what else can you ask?

It's not anti-ED64 code. Stop embarassing yourself, you just don't know how things actually work.

al64inthedark
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Long live all the people who made this happen, even thought I own a 64DD, it makes it possible to mod it, and that is awesome !

Index » F-Zero X » 64DD dumps complete Goto page 1, 2  Next