Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Sep.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » Two serious issues with F-zero
uhd
Blood Hawk
Two serious issues with F-zero
Reply to this Post

Hi all,

I'm a really big fan of F-zero and have been playing these games since 2001. In fact, I'm widely considered the greatest Somalian F-zero player in history (according to some publications). However, I have recently come across two serious issues with the series in general:

1) With the exception of the sensible titles such as F-zero and F-zero MV, most F-zero titles are impossible due to the G-forces that would be involved. The acceleration displayed by machines in F-zero X and F-zero GX (amongst others) would kill the pilot very quickly, making this kind of racing impossible. It will never ever exist, not even deep into the future. This caused me to have an existential crisis whenever I play either of these games. This is an issue.

2) No F-zero games have been released for many years. A 3DS title seems an obvious choice, but doesn't exist. This is an issue.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

F-zero MV World Champion
1863-2217
JAGG_ZERO
Wild Goose
Re: Two serious issues with F-zero
Reply to this Post

1) Considering how many technological advances the F-Zero universe would have compared to ours to make everything possible, it wouldn't be too surprising if they invented some kind of anti-G-force forcefield of sorts that severly reduces the G-forces from inside the machine. It doesn't sound like it would be too far off the kind of technology that creates artifical gravity in space cruisers, which is an invention that's well-established in many parts of sci-fi (including the F-Zero anime iirc).

If there is "evidence" of this, look at some of the really fast F-Zero GX videos where speeds of 3,000+ km/h are reached. Note how the pilot starts to shake at the much higher speeds but at lower speeds, the pilot stays relatively still. This would indicate that there are some G-forces in play but not enough to have an effect at <2,000 km/h. Maybe at crazy high speeds there would be issues, but at ~2,000-5,000 km/h, the stress on the pilot looks uncomfortable, but survivable imo.

2) I cannot argue with that. Though considering that the Nintendo from now is probably different from the Nintendo from 2003, one has to wonder if they still have that same F-Zero touch in 2016 or beyond.

EDIT: Huh. I can post here but I have trouble posting in the FZX TAS thread...

CGN
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

The reason why your F-ZERO X TAS topic submission gets denied is because you have the word "c-a-s-i-n-o" incuded.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

who let Tom Freeman escape his cage??

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Alexis
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Hi uhd, first off can I just say what an honour it is to meet the greatest Somalian F-Zero player in history.

The F-Zero universe is presented to us always in an aesthetic of technological marvels, many times more advanced than the world we know. It doesn't require a huge leap of imagination from here to think that they have some kind of technology to combat dangerous levels of G-forces in a world where F-Zero racing is so wonderfully popular. Other than the technological side of things we cannot rule out magic. In this same universe the pilot Black Shadow is struck by Deathborn's lightning which he shoots FROM HIS HANDS (To which Black Shadow let's out an 'Aaarghh!')! Let's not even talk about the magical flying belts that float to Captain falcon, almost pseudo-concsiously

Index » FZC General Forum » Two serious issues with F-zero