Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » Where's the heart?
BloodFalcon95
Blue Falcon
Where's the heart?
Reply to this Post

Do any of you actually like Fzero for the characters, their story and their vehicles?? Or is this all just about how fast you can go and world records and stuff. My previous posts are about character related or vehicle related things not about world records and advance mechanics, it's just too boring to do so. I don't know maybe it's me, maybe I'm the only true Fzero fan.

alecrezyrkz
Mr. EAD
Re: Where's the heart?
Reply to this Post

you are on the wrong website,

please try again

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

That's an incredibly bold assumption to make based off of one topic on a fairly inactive board, asking about something that really isn't relevent to most of us. Of course Falcon is the best pilot. Black Shadow is the main antagonist so he's almost as skilled if not as skilled. As for the rest, who knows, and I don't find it worth thinking about it more than this.

I like F-Zero GX because it's an amazing game. The characters, the machines, the story and settings are all very interesting and cool to me as well, but the main reason for me is the gameplay. I'm probably not a "true" F-Zero fan (not that I care to be one) since I only own GX, but me still playing this game after nearly 13 years since I got it, and dozens of players still playing this game at a high level must mean something, wouldn't you think?

All of my GX times with various machines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c92zTykQvGwPoCU6yGuOb7lwxFENUC9ELbHZcse1qE/
BloodFalcon95
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

I've been playing Fzero since the SNES just putting that out there but yea you have a point. When something is out for a long time and you manage to keep coming back that would mean something but after awhile you start losing sight on the meaning of the game and focus more on gameplay, advance machanics etc. I didn't mean to be biased I know there's very few Fzero fans out there still keeping it alive. Oh and I hold true that c.falcon isn't the best. 

BloodFalcon95
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

It's the only popular Fzero website...pretty sure I'm on the right one. 

Valyssa
Wild Goose
Reply to this Post

You know people can like games for different reasons right? In the end, these are racing games. And racing games mostly resolve around racing. Similarly to the way you don't care about the records and advanced techniques, some people don't care about the story. And that's entirely okay! Everybody's free to have their own likes and dislikes. Saying someone isn't a true fan because they focus more on 1 element is silly

BloodFalcon95
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

this isn't just any racing game though lol as far as I know this is the only racing game with a story and pilots matter. I didn't say I don't care advance machanics I just said it's boring to post only that instead of characters, their story and vehicles. But what I realized though was that everything about the franchise matters and not just one thing. 

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

While it's true FZC is and always was mainly about the competition, I personally don't see anything wrong with other aspects of the games also being talked about on the site.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

hmm

this is similar to someone who worries about speed runs of visual novels.

the characters and backstory in F-Zero are throwaway at best and just some background filler to make people believe they're not just racing hollow machines. it's not meant to be more than just the simple "this guy is the best pilot, this other is good too, this one is the main bad guy who is fast too, these others are in for the money, etc." and most of these are just laughable when compared to characters actually developed in story-based games.

the true real F-Zero fans are those that still play to this day even if the series is no more in modern gaming. a racing game is meant to be raced on and time attack is the main aspect for that. multiplayer, GP, speed runs with all tracks etc. also fill that. i'd even say owning all games is not really necessary since you'll just stick with your favorites and might not even like some of the others.

stuff like characters' stories and all that is more things you worry about in story based games like adventure or RPGs. story and characters in F-Zero are nothing more than some background decoration.

you can still talk about the side aspects of the game but don't get upset if no one responds since we barely get any activity as is and you can't force people to discuss things they might have never noticed before or simply don't care much about.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Mooninite69
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

The heart to me is the speed, man.  The precision.  The hunt for that one in a million godlike run.  Advanced techniques too boring???  A ludicrous statement imo.

BloodFalcon95
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

I your enthusiasm Moon but doing advance techniques isn't boring, my argument was just posting about it and nothing else was boring but I like what Sasuke said. Basically everything about Fzero is good which is why it was made into the game not to focus purely on one subject, everything combines! So in turn posting about A.T. is all part of loving the game. I was frustrated that no one else shared my feelings for the game. 

And yea true fans are the ones who still play it to this day like me I play almost 24/7 its the only game I play besides SSBM. When playing I actually try to mimic the movements of the other racers(yea like straight line behind them type) just so It can feel challenging. Yea its lowering my skill set for the A.I. but it's fun lol 

Krumm
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

I don't really care about the story in F-Zero and by the looks of "story mode" neither did the devs. The story was obviously just a justification to show of prerendered cinematics. 

However!

The look and design of the ships and characters are very well done. Most of the F-Zero casts character are memorable and some of their themes are cool (at least in my humble opinion) while their background story aren't. So props where it's due.

I play cus I wanna go fast.

Index » F-Zero GX » Where's the heart?