Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Jul.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » Gamecube
Dustygx
Mr. EAD
Gamecube
Reply to this Post

Hey guys I was wonder if this has been debunked or what I have searched online but came up with nothing so I was playing f zero x and one of the signs that spin have a picture of dolphin on it and I was wondering if this was nood to the GameCube I have known about dolphin image for some time but couldn't find a thing about it so I came to ask you guys if you know a thing or two

samurai goroh
Fat Shark
I would say yes
Reply to this Post

Yes, the codename for the GameCube was indeed Dolphin and I would say too that is like an easter egg. (And I did saw that sign when I used to play the game and referenced it to it)

The game came in 1998 while the GC came 3 years later (2001), but that's not that far apart if you think about it (N64 came in 1996 & a console's life is around 5-7 years)

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Re: I would say yes
Reply to this Post

it's just a coincidence. people take little things like these too seriously.

(i can't wait until people start saying FZX predicted the NX due to one of the billboards that say Nintex)

"Patience is useful in any moment"
samurai goroh
Fat Shark
That's the point of using codenames
Reply to this Post

F-zero has already several "cameos" (not a cameo per se, but reference to other videogames) so calling this a coincidence doesn't make much sense.

Just because is several years apart it doesn't discard the posibility that the executives had been working on ideas for their next proyect. I can tell you that in my prior work, there was already a patent for a name of the next product many years before it came out to public, just because is not physically constructed doesn't mean you can't start brainstorming, besides that's the point of a codename (you give it a name for a product you'll be working on, which will most likely change its name once is ready to come to the public).

Index » F-Zero X » Gamecube