Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » Mine boosts and MT question
Alexis
Dragon Bird
Mine boosts and MT question
Reply to this Post

Heyy everyone I'm new to GX and just wanted to clarify something that's been confusing me.
So far I understand that to get a boost from a mine my machine's engine needs to be on. But should I immediately MT after getting the mine boost or should I wait a short while before putting the engine back on? If so how long do I need to delay by?

Thanks

AKC12
Black Bull
Re: Mine boosts and MT question
Reply to this Post

Getting a mine boost would typically increase your speed to above the machine's MT point (need to hit right on the center of the mine though), so yes, right after hitting the mine you want to let go of A. But once your speed goes down to the machine's MT point (usually around 1200-1300), you want to press A again.

All of my GX times with various machines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c92zTykQvGwPoCU6yGuOb7lwxFENUC9ELbHZcse1qE/
Alexis
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Okay thanks a lot. Is the same true for using normal boosts? Once I am past the MT point but want to use a boost I'm unsure if I should let the engine remain on whilst the boost finishes or if I should Immediately MT after pressing Y to boost.

E_Dragon
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

You would only MT immediately after starting a boost if you go really fast, like above 2000 km/h because boost improves MT as well.

For MT boosting you want to let go of A just when your speed starts dropping rapidly at the end of a boost and yes this is faster than just holding A the entire time.

It is important that you know how long the boost interval for the machine you use is, because missing an MT boost can be quite punishing.

You can practice the timing best with any machine on cosmo terminal trindent in practice mode.

The timing is different depending on the machine and on how fast you go (the faster you are the earlier you want to start MTing).

For mineboosts and shiftboosts you want to let go of A earlier the faster you are and the more accel your machine has.

FSF Returns
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Complementing what was said above, here are a few manual boost durations from a few machines, so you get a timing idea whenever you use one of these.

Blue Falcon / Twin Noritta : 1.5 seconds

Fat Shark : 2 seconds (the longest manual boost in the game)

Any custom machine using the Titan-G4 booster part : 1.7 seconds

As for the mine-boost / shift-boost efficiency, it depends on how heavy your machine is and how much acceleration it gets. The higher on those two categories, the better. Fat Shark is the best non-custom machine when it comes to shift-boost, because it has great acceleration and the highest weight of all non-customs in the game. Gallant Cannon/Star-G4 is close behind, due to its higher weight, but lower acceleration. Having lower acceleration means a machine keeps its boosted speed longer than machines with high acceleration.

Personal Best Times for F-Zero GX : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10y-xzaWhTRq93hugkCZJp8Zlcd0aZc7BQqNxV-3ZZAM/edit#gid=0
Alexis
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Thanks for your help everyone!

I love you all <3

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

If you didn't know, there is a F-Zero Discord group where many of us hang around. Asking questions there will always get multiple people to chip in to answer. Let me know if you want to join and I or somebody else will send you the invite link.

Edit: Actually I'll just leave this link out for anyone else who is interested.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0SjuQvhyEztsO9Qg

All of my GX times with various machines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c92zTykQvGwPoCU6yGuOb7lwxFENUC9ELbHZcse1qE/
Alexis
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Thanks I joined and everyone is super friendly! Smile

Index » F-Zero GX » Mine boosts and MT question