Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Sep.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GX Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GX » F-Zero GX Unleashed-Machine rebalance mod (New machines!)
AKC12
Black Bull
F-Zero GX Unleashed-Machine rebalance mod (New machines!)
Reply to this Post

F-Zero GX Unleashed

A rebalance mod of F-Zero GX by AKC12

What is this mod all about?

The main aim of this mod is to rebalance the original machines to make them perform more closely to the machines typically used in Max Speed world records. They are balanced with the “Max Speed” play style in mind, meaning no heavy snaking or space flying abuse, and generally closer to 100% max speed settings.

Featured Changes

• All original machines now stand a chance against Black Bull, Fat Shark and custom machines in max speed styled play.

• These buffs are also applied to the AI, meaning they are now faster and almost certainly more difficult to win against than before.

• Less often used custom body parts have been given a buff to make them more viable picks.

• A certain few custom body and booster parts are now Legendary Bodies/Boosters. Using them will make your machine go faster than ever before!

Version 2.0 Features

• Nearly every custom part has been revamped. All Body and Booster parts can now compete with the Dread Hammer, Speedy Dragon bodies, and the Titan -G4 and Thunderbolt -V2 boosters. Cockpits have been changed so the lower the letter grade, the less grip it has but it has better handling (and better MTS).

• Staff Ghosts! The Staff Ghosts from base GX can now be replaced with ones that use the buffed machines. There are two levels of difficulties for the staff ghosts - the standard ones are about as difficult as the toughest staff ghost in the base game, while the Grandmaster ones will challenge even veteran players of the game who are proficient with all of the techniques. There are also non-side attack versions of the Grandmaster staff ghosts for those who prefer that playstyle.

• The update includes the story mode courses with staff ghosts included! It does require having to make a second version of the mod.

• One last round of original machine balance changes. More machines now have a good MTS, some have better handling, some are faster, but a few have been nerfed for good reason.

• Some new music for those who want to change it up a bit. Main menu music has been changed. There are other songs that have been replaced so keep your ears out for them!

Gamebanana link containing Download Link, Change List, Related Links and morehttps://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/5792

Edit: A new version has been released that now contains machines from the anime and GP Legends + Climax!

https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/9106

All of my GX times with various machines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c92zTykQvGwPoCU6yGuOb7lwxFENUC9ELbHZcse1qE/
NM64
Blue Falcon
Re: F-Zero GX Unleashed - Machine rebalance mod for F-Zero G
Reply to this Post

Qustion - would you be angry if I submitted your modification to RomHacking.net along with the mod in BPS patch format?  It would be under your name of course.

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I wouldn't, but if you think it's a good idea to submit my mod there then I'd like to do that myself if that's possible.

All of my GX times with various machines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c92zTykQvGwPoCU6yGuOb7lwxFENUC9ELbHZcse1qE/
NM64
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
AKC12 wrote:

I wouldn't, but if you think it's a good idea to submit my mod there then I'd like to do that myself if that's possible.

Sure you can if you want, but their submissions kind of work more like a wiki so any registered user can submit and edit hacks and mods and therefore it has no bearing on whether I or you submit the initial listing.

The only thing I'd be concerned about would be having two people submit the same hack and then have both wating around for moderator approval - that could cause a few headaches.

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I have it up on Gamebanana. I would like to write up the ROM hack description. Let me know if I need to provide that to you if I am unable to edit it from the website myself.

https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/5792

SyrousTekashi
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

I couldn't be happier with the modded concept of gx but there's just one thing that would make it better or another mod. One mod with exact listed stats(for cardata.Iz) and one from creator's perspective such as this current mod. For me i would love to play all machines that felt like how they were supposed to run. Now that obviously means that there wouldn't be variety for same stat vehicles, just take weight into consideration.

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

You mean modifyiing the machines so they match better with Body, Grip and Boost letter grades shown in the game?

That would be interesting to see, but I won't be making a brand new mod myself. I decided to make the feel of the machines to not be too different than in the original game with a few exceptions. I did not once factor in those letter grades, although I'm sure there are cases where in my mod it matches better with those grades than before.

The truth of the matter is even if that stats are adjusted in that way, I think there would still be a decent amount of variety because there are so many different stats that can be adjusted (over 25). I felt it was necessary for me to make most machines heavier for balancing purposes and because the perks of a heavy machine are so much better than a light machine in this game it's not even funny.

SyrousTekashi
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Thats fine. I wouldnt mind modding the game myself, i would love to mod it actually. the game much like smash bros has a "kiddy" side to it and the well known meta side to it. For me all im happy with in a fzero game is accuracy with stats and variety. Melee is a different story though lol! also you are right you matched more stats listed than the creators did.

GSFMobileTaskForce
Mr. EAD
Re: F-Zero GX Unleashed-Machine rebalance mod (Ver 2.0 now o
Reply to this Post

AH man someone actually did it. They modded fzero like Someone modded brawl as projectm. Hopefully this will be an ongoing update.

NaviCharlotte
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hi! I created my account on FZC just to thank you for this.

Me and my bro are huge fans of Fzero GX. I downloaded this expecting something awesome, and I am not dissapointed! great work, I wish you could get more recognition for this.

Thanks again, and I hope more people get to enjoy the fine  work you did on this one!

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Glad to hear you two enjoyed it!

Keep your eyes out for an update later this year. It's gonna a special one.

SyrousTekashi
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

im pretty interested on this special one. I imagine its a big collab too. Like how can fzero gx get anymore special? Can we get some hints??

SyrousTekashi
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Im Willing to pay good money for a version with accurate stats no joke (Paypal)

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I will have to decline the offer.

Version 3.0 has been released, which now includes machines from the anime, GP Legends and Climax

Index » F-Zero GX » F-Zero GX Unleashed-Machine rebalance mod (New machines!)