Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Oct.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » FZX Mute City made with Unreal Engine 4, What do you think?
Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
FZX Mute City made with Unreal Engine 4, What do you think?
Reply to this Post

Well, another day where I like to share something with you guys, that's tw in a row.

This time it's a video from youtube, yep, yet again, that shows a version of FZX with the unreal engine 4, as the title of the topic said. Take à look :

video

The guy that created this took some serious liberies with the design of the track. I think the overall mod of the track's design he made is pretty good but the problem is proprortions, the track is far too long to me. The floor looks amazing, I don't know if it was created or took from another game but I like it, it fit the track pretty well. I like the flying cars all over the place. The machine looks good, it can be better but seeing the Blue with modern lighting effects is nice. With the moving shadow under the machine sometimes it look like it's flying very high above the track, sometime it seems like it's very close to it, I don't know, it feels strange to me. The guy chosed to use very close to the original textures for the track (almost identical, too close may be ? Like took from the game with uspacle) but some annoying glitches are visible here and there along the track, that's too bad. The controls are looking ok I guess, for a demo made by a fan (thanks to him by the way) but of course can't match FZX anyway. The music overmodulation effect during the tunnel part is a bit too much I think.

Overall it's not too bad but not great, to me. It was an opportunity to see how could FZX will look if another release happen in the future, but it won't look like that in my opinion, except may be for the floor/sky. Someway I like the fact that the track's textures are close the orginal but they can look better with modern lighting effects and sharper look.

It was interesting to watch that vid and the work of the author anyway, the video had a pretty quick raise for a FZX video with nearly 25000 views and 1200 thumbs up and only 60 downs, people seem to really apreciate it, thanks to the author for showing us people are still interesting in FZX !

So what do you, FZX Central users, are thinking about this ?

Effendi
Wild Goose
Re: FZX Mute City made with Unreal Engine 4, What do you thi
Reply to this Post

thought the overall track design looked pretty good, and it's interesting to see the original textures amped up a bit. the controls look very floaty and i'm not a fan of change in volum in the music.
I'd stick to Fast RMX but it's always nice to see people taking initiative still, game's 20 years old.

#MakeFZeroGreatAgain

Index » F-Zero X » FZX Mute City made with Unreal Engine 4, What do you think?