Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » Introducing F-Zero Central Ladder Guidelines
AKC12
Black Bull
Introducing F-Zero Central Ladder Guidelines
Reply to this Post

Hello. For anyone who is unaware, I have recently been added to the FZC GX Site Staff group.

The purpose of these guidelines (for all games) is to try to prevent any further incidents regarding the hoarding of times (mainly WR times), clarifying when players can expect to be proof called, and informing that any publically made known times will be added to the ladder if that player does not add it themselves for the sake of competitive fairness and ladder accuracy.

Here is the current draft of these guidelines, which would be posted in a central page or on every game's Rules page. Let me know of any mistakes or any recommended changes and additions to this.

https://pastebin.com/2acbb9aT

All of my GX times with various machines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c92zTykQvGwPoCU6yGuOb7lwxFENUC9ELbHZcse1qE/
Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Re: Introducing F-Zero Central Ladder Guidelines
Reply to this Post
AKC12 wrote:

and informing that any publically made known times will be added to the ladder if that player does not add it themselves for the sake of competitive fairness and ladder accuracy.

Why not just keep the WR page up to date with all the best known times? I don't understand this argument about ladder accuracy. This is F-Zero Central, for F-Zero Central members. It is 100% accurate with regard to F-Zero Central members. If someone wants their times here, they'll join and add the times themselves.

We regrettably copied a load of Japanese players off the old Endless Challengers website years back. It caused a lot of offence and probably put those players off ever joining FZC properly. 

AKC12
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

The main argument is anyone who uploads a video for public viewing is deemed to be okay to be shared. And I think the ladder not including the WR times makes the ladder more or less not as useful and important as it should be. Why bother with the looking into the SRPR rankings and what not if those times are not submitted. To be honest, if this doesn't get applied for GX, I will make my own ladder including all known times for the sake of the accuracy.

We would first inform the players that their times have been added and if they want to not include their times under an anonmyous user name, they can remove it. It seems what happened in the past was not very pleasant, but I feel it isn't an issue at all since this time the players will be informed right away.

Feel free to bring this up at the Discord as well. 

All of my GX times with various machines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c92zTykQvGwPoCU6yGuOb7lwxFENUC9ELbHZcse1qE/
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

i know about the situation back then with japanese players (i was the one who cleaned up those times once they wanted them gone).

the situation now is a bit different since people will be notified about their times being added and given the option to decline if they absolutely don't want their times here.

i think the plan is to evolve FZC from being a members only site to a historic F-Zero database tracking times from any known player. back in the day there were sites like Sugi's site which made adding times from others without permission a gray area but after a decade, FZC is the only site left that tracks F-Zero IL Time Attack and there's not much reason to keep those times off the site, especially from people who no longer even play the games.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
   Index » FZC General Forum » Introducing F-Zero Central Ladder Guidelines