Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (May) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » CUSTOM TRACK PACK // F-Zero X - Legends is now released!
ShreyanM
Mr. EAD
CUSTOM TRACK PACK // F-Zero X - Legends is now released!
Reply to this Post

CELEBRATING THE 21st ANNIVERSARY OF F-ZERO X

At long last, after three years of development, Remix Rave and I (Shreyan M) are proud to annouce the release of our custom track pack, "F-Zero X - Legends"!

Since today marks the 21st anniversary of the original game, F-Zero X, we thought that this would be a brilliant way to celebrate the many years of the F-Zero community, a huge part of which was born from F-Zero X! The Legends track pack aims to breathe new life into the original game with 24 all-new memorable tracks, whilst still providing an ever-gruelling CPU difficulty on Master Mode! Don't worry however, this track pack has been designed with beginners in mind too! No special or advanced techniques are required to complete these tracks and come first - it's all tried and tested! More information about our track pack can be found on our website!

DOWNLOADS // F-ZERO X - LEGENDS!

F-Zero X - Legends can be downloaded from our website. Instructions on how to patch the track pack can be found there, along with a nifty guide containing extras!

https://f-zeroxlegends.wixsite.com/home

We sincerely hope that you enjoy our F-Zero passion-project and enjoy the buzz of mastering new F-Zero tracks over again!

Thanks for playing!

Shreyan M & Remix Rave

Valyssa
Wild Goose
Re: CUSTOM TRACK PACK // F-Zero X - Legends is now released!
Reply to this Post

Finally got around to playing this pack and I'm really liking it! Haven't played all tracks yet but they seem really well designed and flow well.

For the most part it's run fine on N64 with Everdrive but at some point my game randomly crashed on I think the 3rd track of the 3rd cup. Might have been a problem with my Everdrive... But the first track of the 4th cup consistently crashes for me both in GP and TA mode :/ not sure if there's anything you can do about it, but it is a bit of a bummer. If you want I could help you do further testing but I have no idea what could be a solution for this. Maybe PhilippeBrodier would have some ideas as he managed to get X Climax running without issues on real hardware.

Regardless though I love all the love you guys put into this project!

THE GOOSE IS LOOSE
JAGG_ZERO
Wild Goose
Reply to this Post

I've had this problem as well. I don't know why, but I think some custom tracks don't work too well if they're patched to King or Joker Cup, so what I did to fix this is I patched the King and Joker Cup tracks to a separate game on Jack and Queen Cup respectively. I've only tested this on emu but hopefully it should work on everdrive too.

Valyssa
Wild Goose
Reply to this Post

After some more testing, 4/6 King Cup tracks crash. I tried only 2 Joker Cup tracks but they both crashed and didn't feel like enduring more crashes heh. So yeah that definitely seems to be a thing with those 2 cups. The other 2 cups are all good, every track playable. Having 2 separate roms is not ideal but... it's something I suppose

THE GOOSE IS LOOSE
Valyssa
Wild Goose
Reply to this Post

I patched the last 2 tracks to a new ROM and it works that way. Such a weird problem. Hopefully one day it can be fixed but for now at least I can play them all!

THE GOOSE IS LOOSE
ShreyanM
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

It's been incredibly difficult to find a solution to this problem - RemixRave and I had scratched our heads for weeks on the issue but to no avail. It's been a tough issue to figure out and sadly, it may just persist.

As for patching the tracks to other cups/track slots, it does adjust and change the CPU difficulty too - so it may alter the way that the tracks play out (and potentially, CPU mortality) :/

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Hello,

I watched back few of Remix Rave videos of your tracks on youtube and I think the problem may be is that there are too many background images on the tracks to be fit on a single rom. I don't remenber what the max number is but it's the same as the original rom I think (or more or less) so you can't have six background images like it seems to have on each of the 24 tracks you patch to the rom.

That may be the reason why the tracks work individually or on two separate roms.

Index » F-Zero X » CUSTOM TRACK PACK // F-Zero X - Legends is now released!